Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I was talking with friends, who seemed really fun and cool and nice. Well, somehow the convo turned to WWII, and all if a sudden this guy started talking about the concentration camps being lies and the death toll of Jews being exaggerated, and how there was no had chambers.

So I left to pee, and came back to a convo about 9/11 being an inside job.

Help me I can't leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

they're nazis op

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I hate when that poo poo happens because you're mostly compelled to just nod so you don't turn into 'that guy' but at the same time you're mad as hell that someone you know is that stupid.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Inform them that the inefficiency of government guarantees that it was not in fact a government conspiracy, only the private business sector is enough of a well oiled machine to have pulled it off.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Probably. The dude was trying to defend Hitler during the Olympics

This is both confusing and infuriating, but I can't just leave

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
just use facts and logic to show that they are mistaken, op

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Miserable Maid posted:

but I can't just leave

I'm pretty sure you can, or do they have you on some kind of shock collar leash?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

there right

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
Just loudly and obnoxiously agree with everything the guy says. And get closer to him and make your eyes all big and stuff and he'll realize what he's doing and shut up

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

I tried but was quickly shot down, especially about the "oh no jet fuel doesn't burn that hot, controlled demolition"

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

talk to them about how the pope is a lizard man

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

I'm pretty sure you can, or do they have you on some kind of shock collar leash?

My stupid friend won't leave, and he's my ride. I guess I got myself in this mess

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

how come everyone is all about "9/11 was done by government" and "holocaust didnt happen" these days, whatever happened to alien coverups that mr. fox mulder worked so hard to teach us about

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Obama is at once both too stupid to do anything right on any level and an evil genius successfully plotting to destroy western society in the most nefarious way possible.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Big Beef City posted:

I hate when that poo poo happens because you're mostly compelled to just nod so you don't turn into 'that guy' but at the same time you're mad as hell that someone you know is that stupid.
gently caress that put on your bitchslapping gloves and slap a bitch. Even if it's grandpa. Especially if it's grandpa.

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

Government shot down TWA Flight 800 by accident. I saw home video of a backyard Long Island cookout and you could see the missile launching from the horizon and striking the plane.

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
Put me on the phone with him ill clear this whole thing up

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

how come everyone is all about "9/11 was done by government" and "holocaust didnt happen" these days, whatever happened to alien coverups that mr. fox mulder worked so hard to teach us about
Goldbugs trying to keep THE JEWS/International Bankers from their gold.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
bring up your experience with the annunaki. maybe about the time they probed every orifice of your body to ensure that humanity was on the right track to Total Control by the illuminati et al.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

baw posted:

because conspiracy theorists are well known for their acceptance of these things as proof against their claims

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Why are the same people convinced about 'world bankers' (jews) the same people that listen to conservative talk radio where there's tons of 'invest in gold!' advertisements???

MAKES U THINK

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Big Beef City posted:

lol that anyone would worry about being "that guy" in such a sitution

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

MY BF LESLIE SAID posted:

Just loudly and obnoxiously agree with everything the guy says. And get closer to him and make your eyes all big and stuff and he'll realize what he's doing and shut up

this is how i try picking up chicks

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Gazpacho posted:

wow a guy with an 'atheist' avatar isn't concerned about being tactful I'm shocked.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gazpacho posted:

if anything this is a great time to let loose and say some mean things to people the op probably shouldnt be hanging out with anymore

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
Having friends in 2014 lmao

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

baw posted:

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

Why are the same people convinced about 'world bankers' (jews) the same people that listen to conservative talk radio where there's tons of 'invest in gold!' advertisements???

MAKES U THINK
You think the Jews would be the heroes, swindling, mind-enslaving, and condemning to eternal damnation all the non-Christian white conservatives (i.e. undesirables). God clues in his believers so they don't get punished.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
do the thing that louis theroux does and plumb the depths of their insanity with some innocent questions pls

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

show them this video and blow their minds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuMShxAq7XQ

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
well, the numbers are probably exaggerated by a bit. dunno about the rest of it, though.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
OP, your choice in friends is suspect.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
last time i saw a guy like this he was rambling about how the ancient african civilization was highly advanced but was destroyed by an alien atomic bomb several times more powerful than ones we have, before moving on into more conventional crazy poo poo about nikola tesla. anyone else heard the one about ancient africa being nuked? it's new to me.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

last time i saw a guy like this he was rambling about how the ancient african civilization was highly advanced but was destroyed by an alien atomic bomb several times more powerful than ones we have, before moving on into more conventional crazy poo poo about nikola tesla. anyone else heard the one about ancient africa being nuked? it's new to me.

ancient alien stuff is pretty popular

i think the far right generally has saner conspiracy theories than the new age lefty bullshit. bolshevik jews pulling the strings of world finance and the un to eradicate the white race is more believable than magic crystals imbued with pure energy from sumerian aliens

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

idk i've never heard of ancient africa nukes but ancient india nuclear bombs is def. a belief thats out there

http://mathildasweirdworldweblog.wordpress.com/2008/05/17/a-nuclear-bomb-in-the-ancient-hindu-text-the-mahabharata/

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mohenjo-daro

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

baw posted:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

PlantRobot posted:

do the thing that louis theroux does and plumb the depths of their insanity with some innocent questions pls

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

One time back in the early 2000s I was listening to Coast To Coast AM with Art Bell and this guy called in and he very slowly and explicitly described how he'd built a time machine by putting crystals and a blanket over his coffee table and even Art Bell was like "Are you loving kidding me?" but the guy was dead serious.
It was the best pure lunacy I've ever heard in my entire life and I wish more people could have heard/enjoyed it.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

The funniest conspiracy theorists are the Objectivists and Libertarians who believe in the whole Jew conspiracy thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Just agree with him & then build on his conspiracies making crazier & crazier claims until he thinks you've gone too far. Then turn on him & accuse him of being part of the Zionist NWO.

• Locked thread