Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Seriously, have you loving morons ever visited any other city where literally half the infrastructure isn't crumbling/burning/collapsing on a daily basis?

Congrats though that downtown Detroit is full of activity. Its almost as if everyone has moved into the city center to escape the barren post-apocalyptic wasteland that is the majority of suburbs.

I can literally drag the google streetview icon/man to any block and find multiple burned out buildings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ya living and partying in the ruins of a once great city sounds dope and is probably fun but I would probably get tired of it after ~6 months and move somewhere where emergency services show up in under 20 minutes and things like roads and street lighting arent crumbling. i mean tijuana is kinda cool to go to for a day but i'm not going to live there.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WoodrowSkillson posted:

haha if you think any of this is true, you do realize how many cars are still made here right? and that asian companies moved production here as well? And also haha if you think american cars are somehow made from cheaper materials then asian ones lol

tremendously lovely ones, yes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Good video but Eddie Huang is a loving turd.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I've only ever seen him on the Joe Rogan podcast and now this Detroit video, what's wrong with Huang? Besides his ridiculous outfit, I mean.

In part 1 he literally takes a piss on a streetlight infront of a shop in broad daylight (and gets told to gtfo) and is generally a lovely douche throughout most of his videos.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Didn't Chicago get shot the gently caress up this weekend? I was drunk so I didn't notice but apparently there is much boom bang pow

Chiraq is the name people are calling it now.

The amount of gun violence is legitimately impressive at this point.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Cmdrmonkey posted:

I love how you look at Detroit and it's a post industrial hellscape of urban decay, but you go a few miles across the river to Canada, and everything is clean and nice. Kind of shows you everything that's wrong with America vs other developed first world countries.

I'd rather live in Detroit than Canada.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Owns/is sad as poo poo.

:rip:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BigBoss posted:

My favorite part of this thread is how multiple people don't know what a suburb is. I mean, there's a lot of dumb poo poo in this thread, but how do you not know what a suburb is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34u_3Z9_LUw

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I am Toni Lippi posted:

They should make Escape From Detroit. Would be pretty dope.

It would just involve driving out on one of the virtually vacant freeways. As a southern california the fact that the freeways always seem just empty weirds me out.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Design Spots posted:

I dunno OP, the idea of farmland in an urban area seems peaceful too me, also, no nosy neighbors to worry about.

No, I agree. I hope more farming happens. Its a great idea. Its still a failed city because, well, cornfields and no neighbors for a half mile isn't a city.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Design Spots posted:

11 of those houses are burned husks by the way. the city ran out of money years ago for demo.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MotorCityMuckraker/videos

This channel is amazing and is great if you want to watch a city burn/get demolished. Building by building.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlvBdJOurCg

Firefighters don't have enough fire to warm themselves between extinguishing fires.

It was resolved but uh, guys, thats a bad look.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gonkish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9uzDelNvDg

This guy owns. Also, Detroit is a loving mess.

lmao this owns.

looks like a Day Z mod.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*UN airdrops supplies*

*supplies hit building, collapses*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oopY1Eh9JZE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71xsmdmRX48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFKMpTWD9do

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

i just really loving like art deco okay

agree. its my favorite style. that video is hella sad.

also lmao at downing powerlines during the demo @ 2:04.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Empty inside. Like most of Detroit.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BigBoss posted:

Detroit isn't as big a shithole as New York.

September 12, 2000

September 12, 2001

lol you just basically said that detroit is a massive 9-11

(which it is)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Firefighters getting hurt is definitely not funny but that amount of homes burning definitely is.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I've eaten a few coneys before and they were legit good drunk/high food. Would eat again.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

El Marrow posted:

How else would you be willing to insert them into yourself?

Thats probably the only way. Gotta get it with onions because onions are really good.

I would go and eat them on a roof of an abandoned highrise and look out at the desolation.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MrChrome posted:

Heck, there's even a 7-11 under construction right next door. There are lots of positive things going on right now.

How did I miss this post? Good Grief.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hahahahahahhahahahahaha

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Dubai and Singapore's locations make sense in terms of international commerce.

Detroit on the other hand never had any business being as large as it was being completely tied to 1 industry.

In an alternate (and better) universe its just another half-million population city with 1 professional sports team and an airport that is used for regional layovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
How many picks is Matthew Stafford going to throw in Ford Field this year?

• Locked thread