Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Xaris posted:

i don't have a big enough cock to compete with all the big black dickin' they get :(

yeah i heard you got small dick. guess it's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimbley Sweep
Jul 21, 2006

haggisforthesoul's mortal frenemy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

the big 3 mostly caught up to the rest of world in quality, current GM issues notwithstanding. reminder that it was toyota that released a car where the gas pedal would get stuck. the days of Found On Road Dead are a memory and most of the manufacturing processes are a lot more similar now

"B-B-But Toyota! :911:

Big threes still blow. They are still cheaply made with cheap materials, they don't hold any kind of value, they are still all made in Mexico.
The advertising has just gotten more aggressive and less honest.

Why are so many people vehemently loyal to these terrible companies?

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
ppl called detroit "the paris of the west" so now i never want to visit paris

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

Chinatown posted:

Seriously, have you loving morons ever visited any other city where literally half the infrastructure isn't crumbling/burning/collapsing on a daily basis?

Congrats though that downtown Detroit is full of activity. Its almost as if everyone has moved into the city center to escape the barren post-apocalyptic wasteland that is the majority of suburbs.

I can literally drag the google streetview icon/man to any block and find multiple burned out buildings.

democrats good job

SwivelTits2000
Jan 17, 2007
Retarded
heh, why don't all you welfare-sucking city slickers move out to the country and rent a ranch in the suburbs and buy a minivan like REAL americans, am i right

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If they can't shut down services to those old suburbs because there's like three people living in them, why don't they just eminent domain those dude's houses?

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Chimbley Sweep posted:

Big threes still blow. They are still cheaply made with cheap materials, they don't hold any kind of value, they are still all made in Mexico.

I'd take a (european market) Ford over a Toyota any day. Fiesta/Focus/Ka are made in Belgium/Germany and perfectly fine cars.
Ecoboost 1.0 has won engine of the year 3 times in a row.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Chimbley Sweep posted:

haha if you think any of this is true, you do realize how many cars are still made here right? and that asian companies moved production here as well? And also haha if you think american cars are somehow made from cheaper materials then asian ones lol

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

boom boom boom posted:

If they can't shut down services to those old suburbs because there's like three people living in them, why don't they just eminent domain those dude's houses?

because nobody wants to be the guy who forced senior citizens out of their homes. most of the holdouts are retired auto or steelworkers.

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

haha if you think any of this is true, you do realize how many cars are still made here right? and that asian companies moved production here as well? And also haha if you think american cars are somehow made from cheaper materials then asian ones lol

im loling just so y ou now

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW

Effectronica posted:

because nobody wants to be the guy who forced senior citizens out of their homes. most of the holdouts are retired auto or steelworkers.
just fire bomb their houses at night

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Voted 5 for jewish lightning

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Effectronica posted:

Those old people need to stop being selfish assholes and get with the picture

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chimbley Sweep posted:

Yeah, it's the drivers fault the car accelerated off a cliff, they could have just turned the engine off as they were plunging to their doom

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

the black husserl posted:

detroit has the best electronic music in america. there's money in the d, FXHE, gently caress the haters

Baltimore beats it in terms of the clubbing/warehouse.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

the internet posted:

Detroit is black people's fault because coleman young and :biotruths:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WoodrowSkillson posted:

tremendously lovely ones, yes

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chimbley Sweep posted:

because they let you come down to the dealership and smash a honda with a sledgehammer.

chrysler is so bad that it was bought by the italians, i mean goddamn

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

Which is worse? Living in a lovely small town or Detroit? There are pros and cons.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Tsinava posted:

its funny when i use detroit as a reference for a post apocalyptic city and someone is always like "woah, hey now" and comes to the defense of detroit because i live in a city full of stupid white yuppies. i kindly ask them how comfortable would they be living at least 5 miles from the nearest functioning police station or substation while they're still technically in city limits.

Your friends suck.

Mine just laugh and agree.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Detroit is really cool, except for all the awful things. But I still like it. But I also like Cleveland so I might just be broken.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Chinatown posted:

tremendously lovely ones, yes

lol

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Detroit is a nugroid infested pile of busted out trash.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
Detroit is cool and I like it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
been in the area all my life.

city sucks, but the surrounding cities are great as long as you're not a minority in oakland county. at that point you might as well wear a bullseye on your back with a sign that says "arrest me for no reason."

make decent wages in this area and you can live like a god with infinite disposable income.

CRIP EATIN BREAD fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 7, 2014

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kwame was the best thing to happen to Detroit.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
when all the kwame poo poo was going down "freekwame.com" was available for registration for $15 and i almost bought it, but someone told me "that's stupid and you'll look like a loving moron for buying that."

now its being sold for $2,000. :(

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Chinatown posted:

Seriously, have you loving morons ever visited any other city where literally half the infrastructure isn't crumbling/burning/collapsing on a daily basis?

Congrats though that downtown Detroit is full of activity. Its almost as if everyone has moved into the city center to escape the barren post-apocalyptic wasteland that is the majority of suburbs.

I can literally drag the google streetview icon/man to any block and find multiple burned out buildings.

OP is actually right, i just tried it in 3 different places in detroit

IM FROM THE FUTURE
Dec 4, 2006

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=937_1404673887

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
not detroit, but outside of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuxrWO0JEM0

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

I love poo poo like this. A stadium is one thing though, I wanna see some derelict factories. There was a mental asylum in Massachusetts near where I lived that was popular for this kinda thing too. They said there was a door that was welded shut in the basement, and nobody was willing to break it open to see what was behind it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I love poo poo like this. A stadium is one thing though, I wanna see some derelict factories. There was a mental asylum in Massachusetts near where I lived that was popular for this kinda thing too. They said there was a door that was welded shut in the basement, and nobody was willing to break it open to see what was behind it.

ok:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEG3AxtSinY

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

this is depressing to me. I like how the rest of the loving world, including Bra-loving-zil can build more poo poo than we can in 20 years. Probably the only American city to really change in the past 20 years is Las Vegas and 90% of that is lovely track houses and strip malls that will fall apart in another 20 years. instead, everything is pretty much on a downward trend of falling apart or being stagnant

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xaris posted:

this is depressing to me. I like how the rest of the loving world, including Bra-loving-zil can build more poo poo than we can in 20 years. Probably the only American city to really change in the past 20 years is Las Vegas and 90% of that is lovely track houses and strip malls that will fall apart in another 20 years. instead, everything is pretty much on a downward trend of falling apart or being stagnant

Yeah, if only America could be more like Dubai or Brazil

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Good video but Eddie Huang is a loving turd.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Chinatown posted:

Good video but Eddie Huang is a loving turd.

I've only ever seen him on the Joe Rogan podcast and now this Detroit video, what's wrong with Huang? Besides his ridiculous outfit, I mean.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

yeah brazil looks entirely built to reasonable standards

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

http://detroiturbex.com/content/schools/cass/thenandnow/index.html

:smith:

edit: Cass Technical is still around, just in a modern building. It's just nowhere close to being as magnificent as the old building which was torn down a while back.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Fallout 4 is lookin' pretty sick, man

• Locked thread