Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Actually, I remember an episode of Survivorman where he used a small amount of corn chips to start a fire. The oil they're cooked in helps make them just plain better than simple grass for starting a fire. Add the grass, too, sure, because you gotta build up to the twigs and limbs, but the corn chips do make a legit fuel in a pinch.

Though anyone using most of these life-hacks isn't really in a pinch so much as they're just daft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I think the show's still on Netflix; I should give it a rewatch.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

This is how I eat cupcakes because it keeps the frosting out of my moustache, but I'm not going to say it's the "right" way.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

madlilnerd posted:

That show, Super Scrimpers, had a right bunch of lovely awful tips that make frugal people look crazy. Most of the people giving out tips were slightly unhinged elderly women, but there was this one girl in her 20s who suggested you make a "cool" shirt out of a vintage pillowcase. Ok, I've actually done that with a set of 60s pillowcases, opening them up and using a pattern; you'd be surprised how much fabric is in there.

She did some Harry Potter house elf bullshit by just cutting a head hole and armholes in the drat thing.

The other important thing about a "life hack" is it's supposed to be no-effort, so that doesn't surprise me.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Fatkraken posted:

Also the use of rohypnol is/was actually really rare, the majority of drink spike related rape is when the rapist just adds a ton more alcohol to already alcoholic drinks so the victim is drinking way more than they think and ends up much drunker than they planned.

This actually happened to me as a dude at a party many years ago--I was never a heavy drinker and so had little to no experience with alcohol, and they thought it was funny to let me have one or two totally normal beers and then spike every other drink I had that night with stronger stuff. They didn't take it to pass-out drunk, but I was impaired enough that I ended up driving home drunk without thinking about it, and they didn't stop me.

duckmaster posted:

No it wasn't, if your drink was spiked you'd have been raped/murdered/mugged, nobody is going around spiking peoples drinks for shits and giggles.

No, that's exactly what some people do.

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 18:50 on Jul 12, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Impossible. Anything that has touched poo is forever poo-touched. That's just science.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So glad I never had to stay in a dorm ever. It sounds absolutely obnoxious.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Desperado Bones posted:

From what I've learned Americans love their bread extremely sweet and sugary.

It's a bitch to find regular sliced sandwich bread at the supermarket that isn't both those things. It's kind of awful. You check the ingredients list and HFCS is number 1 or 2.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Idiots. Everyone knows that if you want the dice to roll the right way you keep them in your ~girlfriend's~ bra*.

*If girlfriend not available, the person at the intersection between largest boobs and lowest self-esteem will substitute.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Countdown to "cooking with wine" showing up in the PYF Derail thread...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

e X posted:

Why would you ever put that on your food?

Because it's still basically fruit juice with alcohol and salt? I mean, if you want those things in your food, why not? On the scale of weird stuff people eat (including some of the examples in this thread) salted low alcohol wine doesn't seem that bad.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Just use the juice from a jar of pickles!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

dovetaile posted:

Lifehack: too cheap to buy litter/litter box? Just use a sandbox!

Confession time: My house is in the middle of a hill, and the neighbor's yard has no erosion protection--no retaining walls or the like. So long before I even bought the place her yard was already filling in my drive way and the pavement in the back. I had a lot of excess sand to deal with. I'm also chronically poor and thought I would get by with using the sand in the litter box to save on litter for a month.

Bottom line? It's not worth it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

All my friends who are parents have used mayonnaise at some point as part of their child(ren)'s delousing ritual. Thanks for telling me about that, everyone, and no, I don't want a tuna sandwich. Ever.

At least they're not using loving gasoline like that lady from Iowa.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

And yes, as you were probably certain already, precooked bacon is not exactly the king of flavor. That may just be because I've only had it heated in a microwave, and it just comes out kind of soggy.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Falcon2001 posted:

I don't corkscrew, but I do slash my hotdogs before I broil them because it adds extra surface area for searing, same basic concept on the corkscrew though. Tastes good, man.

Yeah, gently caress it, next time I want a hot dog I'm making it a duck dick dog.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Medieval Medic posted:

Lifehack: Waste your time on an internet forum, arguing with other nerds, after all who needs real life socializing?

This, unironically.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Morpheus posted:

This is correct - though my policy was always follow corporate, then if they ask for more, just scoop that poo poo on because I am being paid minimum wage so gently caress it.

*three pieces for a six inch. And always three strips of sauce per sauce.

God I hated the motherfuckers who couldn't understand that light mayo means don't empty the whole loving bottle on the sandwich god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Sex Hobbit posted:

I thought all this poo poo seemed like a good idea... before I'd ever had sex once. Virgins make themselves so easy to spot, it's adorable.

Also that kid's got a big storm coming if he thinks all women have naturally hairless inner thighs.

lifehack: only go down on women who have been burned in gasoline fires from the waist down; that way there won't be any hair!