Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
After making some jokes in other threads, its time to assemble the most entertaining roster of all time: The All Crazy Team coached by AAA Dolphan. These are the people who either washed out or missed significant time due to mental health issues be it substance abuse other than steroids or actual performance enhancers, depression/bipolar/schizo, or just a straight up murderer (psychopaths). Fill out a whole team or just make the case for a single guy! Will update OP with consensus decisions.

My nominees:

QB: Reserved for 2016 Johnny Football
RB: Ricky Williams
RB2: Adam Muema
WR1: Titus Young
WR2: Rae Carruth
TE: Aaron Hernandez
OL: 2013 Miami Dolphins OL

S: Tenard Jackson
CB: Brandon Browner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I can't figure out if Albert Haynesworth should count or not. Was anything wrong with him other than greed and laziness?

Barret Robbins is probably a better center nomination than Pouncey, although that could change if he goes down for gun trafficking eventually or whatever the FBI was interviewing him about.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

So is there room on the list for the truly insane?

Defensive End: Dimitrius Underwood

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/229058-the-worst-draft-pick-in-nfl-history-dimitrius-underwood

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2011/4/16/2114332/minnesota-vikings-worst-draft-pick-ever-dimitrius-underwood

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Huh, on a serious note I wonder if the treatment that he eventually got was the thing that made his ability decrease. Many times special skills and creativity seen in the mentally unstable diminishes or disappears with treatment. Not suggesting either way, but its an interesting thing to think about.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Brandon Marshall should be WR1.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

SlipUp posted:

Brandon Marshall should be WR1.

Oh holy poo poo yes! He hasn't missed time due to being crazy, but talking to a water cooler gets you in this game.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
PacMan for corner or PR? Chris Henry (robbery in his own jersey, car diving) and Odell Thurman (multiple failed tests, assaults, a DUI) for WR and LB.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 10, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
poo poo almost forgot about the Nebraska crew. Lawrence Phillips for sure over Mueuma at least, Christian Peter maybe.

I don't know what to do at QB, like...Ryan Leaf was a crazy addicted dude but it's hard to know if he ever would have actually been anything even if he wasn't.

e: Tony Mandarich?

vv--duh, yeah either of those guys work

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Vince Young or Vick.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh thought of another QB nomination, Todd Marinovich.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Aldon Smith has to be pretty far up there on the OLB list, right?

Dude yelled bomb in an airport.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Herschel Walker
Junior Seau
Josh Gordon
Rolando McClain?
Jerome Harrison

Edit: Anthony Smith (murderer)
Randy Moss

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No one has mentioned OJ Simpson and you should all feel bad about that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I've been thinking of the 'screwed up their career' aspect which doesn't really work for OJ or Seau. Otherwise Mike Webster would be my center because the end of his life is hard to beat.

:smith:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Ochocinco? Headbutted his way out of the league.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Lawrence Taylor is the greatest LB of all time and also a crackhead

edit: ok well I guess he didn't miss significant time buuuut I'm gonna fight for him anyway.

edit 2: Michael Irvin got suspended for coke.

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 10, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

Ochocinco? Headbutted his way out of the league.

Every WR is a little bit crazy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Would Shawne Merriman or Daunte Culpepper believing doctors are evil count for this?

Chuck Muncie is another cokehead to consider at RB.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rogue Elephant posted:

edit 2: Michael Irvin got suspended for coke.

Speaking of, Cris Carter told Michael Irvin's wife at a party to leave him because it'd be the only way he'd ever get off the powder.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Speaking of, Cris Carter told Michael Irvin's wife at a party to leave him because it'd be the only way he'd ever get off the powder.

Why does Cris Carter hate ski trips

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Cris Carter also told the Browns to cut Josh Gordon because of :420:.

Dude loves grand gestures.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nobody mentioned Charles "literally jerked off during team meetings" Haley yet, you people disappoint me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pat Tillman

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Intruder posted:

Pat Tillman

:stonk:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Barret Robbins at Center

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx
Alonzo Spellman's got to be on the list somewhere, even if there are better DEs out there. I mean, did any of those guys get arrested for interfering with the flight crew on a plane?

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Najeh Davenport poo poo in some lady's laundry basket. That's gotta count for something.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Shath Hole posted:

Barret Robbins at Center

ty, he fits the bill.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Adam Muema is going to miss his entire career for the crazy.

Lord RayEl can be HC.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Charles Haley should be starting DE and team captain. He refered to himself as "The Last Naked Warrior" and would just walk around the locker room or meeting room or really any room with a hard on, jerking off all over everything. He would routinely stand with his dick inches from a teammates face, jerking himself, and tell the teammate "you know you want to suck this". And this wasn't like a weird rookie hazing thing, he did it to Joe Montana. He once tried to choke George Seifert and pissed all over the floor of the 49er's team president's office to prove some sort of point (these last two, along with trying to fight Steve Young, are probably what got him traded to the Cowboys). He was so crazy that everyone on the 90s Cowboys (probably the craziest team of all time) was terrified of him and regarded him as insane.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Keshawn Johnson

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

quote:

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

In the last 2 seasons Richard Sherman has allowed a single receiver more than 3 catches in a game just once...Titus Young! (5)

God bless you, Titus Young. :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know what to do at QB, like...Ryan Leaf was a crazy addicted dude but it's hard to know if he ever would have actually been anything even if he wasn't.

Leaf has to get the starting nod over JFF until Manziel gets some reps taking painkillers. I can't ever remember seeing a player melt down in that epic a fashion.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Plaxico Burress

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
David Boston clearly had body image issues maybe he's wr4

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sam Hurd was a druglord

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sam Hurd is sane and smart.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Bah I'm an idiot. There was a shitload of Ryan Leaf.

How about Jovan Belcher?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Andre Rison dated a girl who burned his house down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

Andre Rison dated a girl who burned his house down.

And then she died in a third world country.

• Locked thread