Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Battle Pigeon posted:

I started playing this a few days ago, not realising how popular it was, so was surprised to find a giant thread about it. Since I wasn't too far in, I decided to restart and start rerolling for something decent, but it's been ages and no luck yet-got one God so far, but it was just an Amateratsu. Mostly the machine has been spitting out Beast Riders. I'd have just stuck with Amateratsu if the OP/guide wasn't so insistent that it will save so much grinding later.

I first started during a ninja/rider fest, and went through the same thing. After 2 days I gave up and waited for the fest to end before continuing to reroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Battle Pigeon posted:

I started playing this a few days ago, not realising how popular it was, so was surprised to find a giant thread about it. Since I wasn't too far in, I decided to restart and start rerolling for something decent, but it's been ages and no luck yet-got one God so far, but it was just an Amateratsu. Mostly the machine has been spitting out Beast Riders. I'd have just stuck with Amateratsu if the OP/guide wasn't so insistent that it will save so much grinding later.

Should be a godfest coming up, and some goons give away good starter accounts (though I think they're out of the best ones at the moment).

Meiwaku
Jan 10, 2011

Fun for the whole family!

Battle Pigeon posted:

I started playing this a few days ago, not realising how popular it was, so was surprised to find a giant thread about it.

GungHo has hit over $1,000,000,000, yes that's billion, in revenue with this cheap to produce and run game.

It's the reason Square Enix and Blizzard are now concentrating on this market.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

I love the new Friend Leader set up!

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
I've been out of this for about half a year, and now it looks like this DQXQ is pretty much categorically better than my old Horus?

Ugh, it took me forever to max this fucker out.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Kingnothing posted:

Wait for one of the two guys who give away accounts to post, they'll undoubtly have something better.

Also, rerolling over and over right now is a waste as it's not a Godfest. You should only reroll during Godfest.

Qylvaran posted:

Should be a godfest coming up, and some goons give away good starter accounts (though I think they're out of the best ones at the moment).

When is the next Godfest, do you get told about them in advance? I want to play now but if it's that hard to get something good when there's no events going on, I'll just wait.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

MonsterWalk posted:

I'm thinking Leader 1: Ronia/ Leader 2: Isis/Rebel Luci

https://www.padherder.com/user/monstersa/teams/#59881

Does that look like a decent Zeus team? I desperately need Devlits for Shiva so my Ronia team can breeze through everything ever.

Should be doable, although you might have better luck swapping the Echidna for Hera-Ur. That should let you one-shot Zeus.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Coldbird posted:

I've been out of this for about half a year, and now it looks like this DQXQ is pretty much categorically better than my old Horus?

Give it an ultevo to regain some sense of honor from the massive pile of shame that is Horus.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ah, five freshly evo'd Tamadras. Now, to figure out what the heck I'm going to use them on...

(Here's my PADHerder, if anyone wants to offer advice.)

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Coldbird posted:

DQXQ is burstier and easier to activate, but if you Ult Horus and can reliably get his 25X he's a hell of a lot more sustainable.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Coldbird posted:

Dqxq is generally better than FL Horus barring very specific all-rem setups and even then it is debatable. I'd write a wall on why buy I only have phone access for another day or two.

E: someone posted one of the most well thought out dqxq teams I've ever seen in the last thread involving Hera Sol

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 10, 2014

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Battle Pigeon posted:

When is the next Godfest, do you get told about them in advance? I want to play now but if it's that hard to get something good when there's no events going on, I'll just wait.

There's an event coming up, which you can find out on Facebook or puzzledragonx.com, and an event means there will be a godfest. Now is currently the worst time to roll an account, since instead of one color, ninjas and riders have increased probability of dropping. If you even just wait until tomorrow, you may have better luck and can save up some stones for the godfest.

Quick question: For the second leader, do the people want max skill best Isis, or 10-turn, +150ish Bastet? Both are max awoken and max level.

Qylvaran fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 10, 2014

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Battle Pigeon posted:

I have a Cao Cao/Idunn&Idunna account that's available. PM me here or in chat if you want it. It's rank 20.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Battle Pigeon posted:

When is the next Godfest, do you get told about them in advance?
Someone in the last thread said that Godfests tend to happen around the 1st and 15th of each month for 24 hours, which has been pretty accurate in the short time I've been playing.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Has anyone tried their new game that just came out Picotto Kingdom?

Or even where you could get it on a N/A device?

Here is the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.gungho.picotto

Zotix fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 10, 2014

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Thanks for the replies all.

Kuros posted:

I have a Cao Cao/Idunn&Idunna account that's available. PM me here or in chat if you want it. It's rank 20.

Yes please/PMed, thanks!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Battle Pigeon posted:

Unless Chikodemono has something better for you, I would have no issues parting with the Anubis/Ame no usume account he gave me. It`s a pretty cool starter and she served me well on my other one until I got a Horus.

Edit: woops, didn`t see Kuros' post above.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Zotix posted:

Has anyone tried their new game that just came out Picotto Knights?

Or even where you could get it on a N/A device?

Here is the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.gungho.picotto

I can't read that without seeing "Pocket Knights." Besides, one of the pictures clearly says "Picotto Kingdom"

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

I can't read that without seeing "Pocket Knights." Besides, one of the pictures clearly says "Picotto Kingdom"

Yeah, I wrote knights because I had just reddit searched for it prior and there was another game called Picotto Knights that was released a year back or so. Mixed it up.

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Ah, five freshly evo'd Tamadras. Now, to figure out what the heck I'm going to use them on...

Athena for upcoming busty, or Echidna?

Stratavarius
Nov 6, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Bastet maybe? Time extention, skill lock resist, and green row to go with the green team. Also, good leader in her own right.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Battle Pigeon posted:

I have a bunch of accounts kicking around if you would like one. I have 2 Shivas, an Ares, Ame No Uzme, Idunn&Idunna, Freyr, Freja. They are nothing special. Pretty much all just out of the tutorial when I ran that drat thing 200+ times to get a leader that I would enjoy playing. The Ame account has some good stuff that I can remember that came from the pal machine and 6 stones. Or if you would like, you could have my rank 20 Kushi account that has like 17 stones, a rainbow keeper, a pair of noel eggs, a dub myth a couple trifuits, a berserk and Indra. Kushi isn't amazing but you could roll 3 times on the coming godfest and hope for a better leader. All were created a long time ago so they will get to start with 2000 pal points from the downtime which is something.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Looking for opinions for what's a good PAL point earner for the perma leader slot:
https://www.padherder.com/user/Shadowshift/

I generally run the following for day-to-day mindless farming:
Lu Bu / Ronia / Lt Metatron / Shiva

For Descends:
Horus / Kirin / Ronia / Lu Bu

Daily Dungeons:
W: SOD Lucifer / Th: Shiva / Fri: Zeus

Beginner Friendly Leaders:
Grodin / Amaterasu / Isis

Prospective Future Leaders:
Ra / Blonia / DMeta / I&I

Speaking of which, I've got 6-7 open friend slots and am looking for anyone who's planning on running any of the leaders I listed in the prospective future leaders on a semi-regular basis (Friend ID: 334794233).

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Schrodingers cat posted:

Unless Chikodemono has something better for you, I would have no issues parting with the Anubis/Ame no usume account he gave me. It`s a pretty cool starter and she served me well on my other one until I got a Horus.

Edit: woops, didn`t see Kuros' post above.

MrPants posted:

I have a bunch of accounts kicking around if you would like one. I have 2 Shivas, an Ares, Ame No Uzme, Idunn&Idunna, Freyr, Freja. They are nothing special. Pretty much all just out of the tutorial when I ran that drat thing 200+ times to get a leader that I would enjoy playing. The Ame account has some good stuff that I can remember that came from the pal machine and 6 stones. Or if you would like, you could have my rank 20 Kushi account that has like 17 stones, a rainbow keeper, a pair of noel eggs, a dub myth a couple trifuits, a berserk and Indra. Kushi isn't amazing but you could roll 3 times on the coming godfest and hope for a better leader. All were created a long time ago so they will get to start with 2000 pal points from the downtime which is something.

Are either of you (or anyone else) able to transfer to a EU client user? Kuros' offer was super cool but I didn't even consider the whole NA/EU thing, so wasn't able to get the account from them.

Apze
Jul 4, 2014
I've been playing this for a while, and I almost purely run Blonia/LL Ra/Umisachi/sometimes Shiva. The only one that is particularly plus'd at the moment is Umisachi, although I will either be finishing out his 297, switching to Ra completely, or just feeding him to Ra depending on how his (sometime) ultimate goes. I really prefer Ra, but having a non-heart requiring 25x ready to go has been a great boon for these flower dragons. He's almost max skilled so I don't really feel right feeding him even if it's a near-wasted 140 pluses or so. It may not matter as I have a couple hundred stored for when his ultimate verdict finally arrives either way, just indecision!

My ID is 324,560,279 in case anyone needs friends of those 4. Blonia will be the perma-up one, with the second usually being LL Ra.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

Apze posted:

I've been playing this for a while, and I almost purely run Blonia/LL Ra/Umisachi/sometimes Shiva. The only one that is particularly plus'd at the moment is Umisachi, although I will either be finishing out his 297, switching to Ra completely, or just feeding him to Ra depending on how his (sometime) ultimate goes. I really prefer Ra, but having a non-heart requiring 25x ready to go has been a great boon for these flower dragons. He's almost max skilled so I don't really feel right feeding him even if it's a near-wasted 140 pluses or so. It may not matter as I have a couple hundred stored for when his ultimate verdict finally arrives either way, just indecision!

My ID is 324,560,279 in case anyone needs friends of those 4. Blonia will be the perma-up one, with the second usually being LL Ra.

Added you for the Blonia love. Planning on leaving her the first slot for full time use, likely Horus/Kirin/Shiva/DQXQ/etc rotating through as the mood strikes me in the other slot.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Battle Pigeon posted:

Are either of you (or anyone else) able to transfer to a EU client user? Kuros' offer was super cool but I didn't even consider the whole NA/EU thing, so wasn't able to get the account from them.

I am on the NA version, I assume a device change code method wouldn't break regional boundaries?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Battle Pigeon posted:

Haha, you're a lucky SOB. I just so happen have a EU account with Isis on it that I rolled a few days ago. I'll PM you the info in about half an hour.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Question for high-rank players: I just hit Rank 399 this morning, and I noticed that the "Rank Exp to next level" value has skyrocketed, from ~270K at Rank 398 to ~370K at Rank 399. Is this normal?

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 10, 2014

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Running Trifruits for Dragon Fruits/Flowers/etc is a waste of stamina. Just wait for the regular Thursday dungeon to go double drop next week.

I didn't listen. I got 0 fruits and only made my babby tamas that need to evo problem worse. But I did have fun running it and I have trifruits to spare now. You were totally right, though. Totally not a good way to get anything but trifruits.

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."

DaveWoo posted:

Question for high-rank players: I just hit Rank 399 this morning, and I noticed that the "Rank Exp to next level" value has skyrocketed, from ~270K at Rank 398 to ~370K at Rank 399. Is this normal?

According to PAD.Wikia.com:

code:
Rank	Cost	Stam	Friends	EXP Amount	Next Rank
298	314	165	50	22701950	183881	
299	314	166	50	22885831	184747
300	316	166	50	23070578		

Aghama
Jul 24, 2002

We eat fish, tossed salads

raej posted:

According to PAD.Wikia.com:
He said 399, not 299. If you extrapolate the numbers on the wiki it should be 270K-ish like DaveWoo said.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

PAD sometimes has some random rear end Rank EXP spikes. For example, between ranks 9 and 10 it's ~3.5k exp then from 10 to 11 it's about 1700 exp.

Kuros fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 10, 2014

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

ChikoDemono posted:

Haha, you're a lucky SOB. I just so happen have a EU account with Isis on it that I rolled a few days ago. I'll PM you the info in about half an hour.

:aaa: I didn't expect that. Thanks again!

Schrodingers cat posted:

I am on the NA version, I assume a device change code method wouldn't break regional boundaries?

Yeah the device change code works, for future reference!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Battle Pigeon posted:

:aaa: I didn't expect that. Thanks again!

Yeah the device change code works, for future reference!

You can device change code between different regions?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Pretty sure it doesn't work cross regions. I sent him an EU code

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kuros posted:

PAD sometimes has some random rear end Rank EXP spikes. For example, between ranks 9 and 10 it's ~3.5k exp then from 10 to 100 it's about 1700 exp.

Really? How bizarre.

Oh well, hopefully the rank exp required will go down again when I hit Rank 400. Which will only take, let's see... 25 more King of Gods runs. :sigh:

Plonk
Jun 27, 2009
Back are the times of manually updating PADherder... NA now uses HTTPS just like the JP server, so listeners won't work anymore. Ah well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Plonk posted:

Back are the times of manually updating PADherder... NA now uses HTTPS just like the JP server, so listeners won't work anymore. Ah well.

Oh god no. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

DaveWoo posted:

No one can ever accuse you of not following your own advice about focusing on Rank XP efficient dungeons 100%!

• Locked thread