Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Apze posted:

I've tried rolling off and on for a Fuma Kotaro (and getting three Hanzo's along the way, pity me). Sensing that I had finally given up hope, I got him off a couple of free rolls this Ninjafest. I suppose I am all set for this new descend boss and/or Vegeta if we get the skillup dungeon in a timely fashion.

You. YOU. I hate you. No, I really do. :getout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope

El_Gimpo posted:

First off, have you rolled at all on the REM and just had awful luck? If not using some of the stones that you should have built up by now during the next godfest might not be a bad idea. Your team is fine for what you have available, what friend leaders are you using? If you use DQ/XQ with the team you listed you *should* be able to do enough damage to beat King of the Underworld before he kills you.

Ya, I haven't rolled on the REM yet - missed the last godfest just due to poor timing on my part.I've got about ~20 stones ready to burn. I'll have a hunt for a DQ/XQ, thanks!

buildmorefarms fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 11, 2014

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

buildmorefarms posted:

I'm a month into PAD currently, and run my initial-REM roll Bastet as leader:

https://www.padherder.com/user/hugs

Where to from here? Progress-wise, I:
- Don't seem to be able to finish King of the Underworld ([N] Tomb of the Saint-Deep), the boss' attack is a 1hit KO for me.
- Am up to roughly [T]Shrine of Green Water .
- Have done most novice/int/master [S] dungeons where possible (haven't completed any minimum-cost or No-RCV ones yet though)

My normal team has all elements (it's there in my pad profile) just because it made sense at the time - I'm wondering if the composition is rubbish given my permanent Bastet leader, or if I just need to grind longer, or both! The monsters I have at max level that haven't been evo'd yet are due to a lack of materials; that's my current aim.

Any advice on teambuilding (or in general) would be great - and if any of you (read: whales) have spots on your lists then I'm 359,222,306 (thankyou already to Kalas, Fricken, Chiko and beeboy).

Evo and busty your Bastet immediately (or, rather, next week when evo materials are on 2x drops), the power boost from her evolutions is huge. If the next Godfest is good, roll on it, you could use some higher powered subs. Rainbow teams with Bastet give you the most versatility in friend choices, so you're right there. Use a high powered friend DQXQ or Bastet to just burst through King of the Underworld, then you can commence Tier 5 grinding as long as you're good enough with Bastet. Farm Gate to the Mystic Land once you're there primarily to hopefully get yourself a green golem. Green Golems have great stats once evolved, plus a skill that can save your butt. Evolve your Plesios and get your Bastet maxed out, and Bastet/Keeper of Rainbow/Plesios/Echidna/Harpie Demon/Bastet should be able to easily handle the Tier 5 dungeons.

Also I sent you a friend request with my basically max level, 112+ Bastet, hope you can make good use of her! If you find her too hard to use to get through King of the Underworld, send me a message in-app and I can throw up my TAMADRAPurin who is just a straight 3.5x buff, and a fairly strong light monster.

Edit: At your rank you might not be able to fit the team I suggested. In that case, replace Plesios and the Harpie Demon with dublits of the appropriate colors. Prioritize DQXQ, Isis and Bastet friends.

Jolyne Cujoh fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 11, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

buildmorefarms posted:

I'm a month into PAD currently, and run my initial-REM roll Bastet as leader:

https://www.padherder.com/user/hugs

Where to from here? Progress-wise, I:
- Don't seem to be able to finish King of the Underworld ([N] Tomb of the Saint-Deep), the boss' attack is a 1hit KO for me.
- Am up to roughly [T]Shrine of Green Water .
- Have done most novice/int/master [S] dungeons where possible (haven't completed any minimum-cost or No-RCV ones yet though)

My normal team has all elements (it's there in my pad profile) just because it made sense at the time - I'm wondering if the composition is rubbish given my permanent Bastet leader, or if I just need to grind longer, or both! The monsters I have at max level that haven't been evo'd yet are due to a lack of materials; that's my current aim.

Any advice on teambuilding (or in general) would be great - and if any of you (read: whales) have spots on your lists then I'm 359,222,306 (thankyou already to Kalas, Fricken, Chiko and beeboy).

Just rank up, you should be spending your stamina in dungeons that give you good experience. Then you want to start farming some better monsters, right now you only have Bastet and Echidna as quality mons (and Plesius, I guess). Usually this means the heartbreakers (Valk, Vamp, Gigas, CuChu, Sieg), healer girls (mainly Echidna and Lilith), golems and mystic knights. Farming a Gigas for his insane HP is something you could do on the side, and a vampire could be useful. The other heartbreakers require you to beat their descended dungeons and you're not ready yet but, in the next event, we get the breakers dungeon which is easy enough and you have a chance at getting any of the golems in there, the RGB ones are particularly useful (specially the Green one, for Bastet), but the light/dark ones have their use too.

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
Thanks all - I really wasn't sure if more farming was the go or not (and completely agree that the lineup sans bastet/echidna is extremely mundane); I'll save up stones for the next godfest and see how it all plays out.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Just had a successful DX&DQ run on Trifruits. It's more fun than using Horus, so now I don't know what to use him for since that was sorta the thing I reserved him to do...

GrahamBLY
Aug 3, 2006
Better Luck Yesterday
The lucifer team for zeus is the same as for valkyrie right? 3 heras and a siren?
Valkyrie was easy, but the trash in zeus looks like no joke. My siren is maxed skill, but my heras are kinda low level.

Possibly related question: does a sub-type get the benefits of a leader? IE: does hera-is get 2x hp from a lucifer leader, even though it's main type is blue and only his sub type is purple?

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Did the time zones get hosed up on Android again? It's past 1 CST here and I'm seeing Friday dungeon already. Normally it switches over at 2 AM, which is midnight PST. or did they change something related to time zones? Or is something else wrong and I'm crazy?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

nogic posted:

Did the time zones get hosed up on Android again? It's past 1 CST here and I'm seeing Friday dungeon already. Normally it switches over at 2 AM, which is midnight PST. or did they change something related to time zones? Or is something else wrong and I'm crazy?

No youre right, they're 1 hour off again. Thanks gungho!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GrahamBLY posted:

Possibly related question: does a sub-type get the benefits of a leader? IE: does hera-is get 2x hp from a lucifer leader, even though it's main type is blue and only his sub type is purple?

Yes, as long as either her main or sub type is dark she'll get the bonus. Conversely, she can be bound by both blue and dark binds.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 11, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tir McDohl posted:

Just had a successful DX&DQ run on Trifruits. It's more fun than using Horus, so now I don't know what to use him for since that was sorta the thing I reserved him to do...
What was your team/levels? Trifuits/Twinlits are a thing I'm holding off on because I don't know if I have enough power but if Horus is good enough I may give them a shot.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Welp, one-shotted Zeus with Ronia + Hera-Ur + Baddie. Makes me want to try Sky Prison.

GrahamBLY
Aug 3, 2006
Better Luck Yesterday

trucutru posted:

Yes, as long as either her main or sub type is dark she'll get the bonus. Conversely, she can be bound by both blue and dark binds.

Thanks, not sure why that was so confusing to me but I guess this game gets off on being shrouded in mystery.
Turns out I can't pay the team cost for awoken blue hera and still carry 2 other gravities (awoken hera, evo hades), leaving me with a 600 hp black hera as my 3rd gravity. Think I can do zeus with 2 gravities?

You know.. trying to fit something else into this team, I think it's a pass for the old yellow king this time around. I guess I hadn't counted on blue hera going up to SIXTY cost, or I would have waited to evo her until I had gotten him. Unless I'm really missing something, I'm way short of levels.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target

Unknown_PC posted:

EU made some replies, apparently 3x special has been on all along.

Well that's a kick in the balls for anyone who has been waiting for a "3x specials" Godfest! It does explain why I seem to get at least 1 Godfest exclusive monster every time though. I always thought I was just pretty lucky or something.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Headhunter posted:

Well that's a kick in the balls for anyone who has been waiting for a "3x specials" Godfest! It does explain why I seem to get at least 1 Godfest exclusive monster every time though. I always thought I was just pretty lucky or something.

Must be nice

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target
I should point out that I do a lot of whaling though. Well, not by this threads standards but by those of normal people. Probably 8-10 rolls per Godfest. But not this one, as it's poo poo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow, managed to do 2 0-Stone Zeus clears, netting me my first Zeus and then a second one I have no use for which I can feed to the first. I honestly thought I'd lose, and only did it cause I had excess stamina (6k to level, but 141 stamina) but then I ended up winning, and then did it again and won again. Lost the third time, though, cause I overhit and killed all three masks in one go, leaving me to be destroyed by the Devils because I was at >80% health. Really, as long as I can leave one non-Mystic Mask alive in Floor 2, beating the dungeon is a loving cinch.

DA Meta / Max Skilled Hanzo / Gryps / Gryps / Haku / DA Meta rocks.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wow my first 5 skillup feeds took Hanzo from Slvl 1 to 2, then the next 5 took him from 2 to max. Time to test out a maxed Hanzo :v:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I'm still 1 stone on Zeus. I guess I need to level a second king baddie. I can 1 shot everything but chimeras. Still feels wildly better doing it with Ronia as opposed to Kirin.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
So yeah, last week we were talking about whether or not the bind heal awakening worked when the monster was bound, and people were saying that it did. Well I can confirm that it does NOT work when the monster is bound. So yeah that awakening is loving garbage and I'm sorry I spent Tamadras on Raphael now.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Since they're almost definitely showing up in the next godfest, I think it would be pertinent to add the Zhuges to the reroll list. Green Zhuge is at least Top Tier, 4x to a color when under 80% is pretty easy to pull off, Two-Prong is neat and potentially extremely powerful, and even with 0 REM luck he can be used to great effect due to the frankly pretty amazing selection of green Descend gods.

Light Zhuge is a lot more REM dependent to put great teams together, but deserves at least a spot in Okay Tier with LMeta, with his slightly harder leader skill but way higher damage ceiling.

Samurai_Hitman
Sep 19, 2000

ChikoDemono posted:

Welp, one-shotted Zeus with Ronia + Hera-Ur + Baddie. Makes me want to try Sky Prison.

Yeah, I just did the same except without the gravity, because I failed to stall long enough on the masks to get hades up. It didn't matter though, baddie + Ronia did the job.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Heh, I can remember back when people were thrilled to clear Zeus in only 5 stones.

Nowadays it's "welp, just one-shotted Zeus with Ronia, no biggie".

shiatza
May 15, 2005

^^^^^^^
She definitely makes it a walk in the park.

I was scared of Zeus descended until I saw KotG Zeus has 2m more HP

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just went 2/8 on Parvati so she's up to SL6. One more to go with 35 ECO Shabos to spare. Hoping to have her maxed out next Thursday!

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

Heh, I can remember back when people were thrilled to clear Zeus in only 5 stones.

Nowadays it's "welp, just one-shotted Zeus with Ronia, no biggie".

If only I had a Ronia :smith: I did end up getting a Zeus with my Ra team but it took 15 or so stones because I'm abysmal at activating Ra when needed, and a couple reset boards had me with only one or two of a color.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Pierson posted:

What was your team/levels? Trifuits/Twinlits are a thing I'm holding off on because I don't know if I have enough power but if Horus is good enough I may give them a shot.

My teams are all pretty REMy. https://www.padherder.com/user/tirmcdohl/teams/#36362

Edit: actually I don't usually use two delays. I forgot my actual Horus Trifruits setup. It's somewhat similar though.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wow, managed to do 2 0-Stone Zeus clears, netting me my first Zeus and then a second one I have no use for which I can feed to the first. I honestly thought I'd lose, and only did it cause I had excess stamina (6k to level, but 141 stamina) but then I ended up winning, and then did it again and won again. Lost the third time, though, cause I overhit and killed all three masks in one go, leaving me to be destroyed by the Devils because I was at >80% health. Really, as long as I can leave one non-Mystic Mask alive in Floor 2, beating the dungeon is a loving cinch.

DA Meta / Max Skilled Hanzo / Gryps / Gryps / Haku / DA Meta rocks.

I 0 stoned it with DA Meta / Hanzo / Hanzo / Gryps / Ronia / DA Meta (both Hanzos max skill, Ronia is at SL 4)

Ronia + Hanzo + DA Meta oneshots Zeus.

I even got a skillup on Zeus when I fed him. I guess I need to run it a few more times today to see if I can get the stupid orb drop.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
https://www.padherder.com/user/canuckanese/monsters

i have lu bu and zeus up usually, and a bunch of open friend slots

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just gave Zeus a whirl with my DQ Hera/Persephone/Devil Dragon/Hera-Ur/Loki team, with a Ronia friend. Cleared it no problem. I guess it's sort of fitting to have Hera take down Zeus. :v:

Not going to bother with the orb stuff, though; seems like a tremendous waste of stamina to me. (Especially since we'll eventually be getting them in the PAL egg machine.)

Edit: Also, Chinese/Heroes Godfest on Sunday. Includes the first appearance of the Zhuge Liangs.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 11, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tir McDohl posted:

My teams are all pretty REMy. https://www.padherder.com/user/tirmcdohl/teams/#36362

Edit: actually I don't usually use two delays. I forgot my actual Horus Trifruits setup. It's somewhat similar though.

You shouldn't need delays at all. Your Hera-Is could use some skill ups but that's just means a little more stalling at the Tamadra. GrOdin's bind immunity gives you a bit of freedom when dealing with the Tamadra.

DaveWoo posted:

Just gave Zeus a whirl with my DQ Hera/Persephone/Devil Dragon/Hera-Ur/Loki team, with a Ronia friend. Cleared it no problem. I guess it's sort of fitting to have Hera take down Zeus. :v:

Not going to bother with the orb stuff, though; seems like a tremendous waste of stamina to me. (Especially since we'll eventually be getting them in the PAL egg machine.)

It's an excuse to skill-up Zeus!

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You shouldn't need delays at all. Your Hera-Is could use some skill ups but that's just means a little more stalling at the Tamadra. GrOdin's bind immunity gives you a bit of freedom when dealing with the Tamadra.

Oh, sorry, context that is missing is that I've retired this team from Trifruits. I now use DX&DQ and squash it. You're right though, I was using Hera-Is in place of Orochi.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, has anyone seen any of those Chinese orbs in your Zeus runs?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
So I cleared the Sprite castle on expert twice and didn't get anything above what I had already... I'm guessing the Dublit strat applies for people without already acceptable subs. My problem seems to be when I can't do 4 matches (I sometimes wish I had Isis but I can't complain about luck, really).

Right now I'm using: Horus/Yomi1/Dub-emelit/Blue mystic knight/super king gold dragon (The yellow dublit isn't as good except for better RCV).

I am assuming my goals are purely leveling to as high as possible this week-end, evo Vampire to dual color so I can use Echidna. Get a good green sub to replace emelit with, same for super king gold dragon (any suggestions? I read about wood golem being a good green to get, or wood mystic knight). And then try again for keeper of rainbows on Tuesday.

I updated my padherder if it helps.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

trucutru posted:

So, has anyone seen any of those Chinese orbs in your Zeus runs?

Yes. I got the red one this morning.

Plonk
Jun 27, 2009
Oh yesssss 1 stoned Zeus with a Lucifer team, and it wasn't even THAT grindy this time! Neato! Now, about those twinlits...

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Wow, they aint lying about one-shotting Zeus with a Ronia team. Jesus.

Now to dump all that light xp in my box on him.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Would anyone do a write up on descends? It would be something that is good for the guide but I haven't seen anything like that. Like which ones are easier and which ones requires a specific set up. That would probably be very helpful with the upcoming slew of descends.

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
Trip report: confirming that Ronia makes Zeus a joke. KotG is harder than this dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."

Dante Logos posted:

Would anyone do a write up on descends? It would be something that is good for the guide but I haven't seen anything like that. Like which ones are easier and which ones requires a specific set up. That would probably be very helpful with the upcoming slew of descends.

I read through Pad.Wikia.com articles before I try descends. I also read through the sample teams and everyone's notes on what to do on each level.

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Zeus_Descended!
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Zeus_Descended!/Sample_Teams

• Locked thread