Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

post your favorite verse from teh bible

Matt 11:30: For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 634 days!
Uh Jesus, this wine is loving watered-down...you wanna get cut man...

Deuteronomy?

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Col 3:23: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Jesus wept

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
ezekiel 23:20

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose members were like those of donkeys and whose emissions like those of horses."

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

dont poo poo this thread up

this is really impotrant to share with gbs, you lot need jesus

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian
no thanks i've graduated up to the koran

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

cis white male posted:

no thanks i've graduated up to the koran

english is the language of the lord

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

John 11:35

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
jeremiah 12:3

"Yet you know me, Lord; you see me and test my thoughts about you. Drag them off like sheep to be butchered! Set them apart for the day of slaughter!"

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Effectronica posted:

jeremiah 12:3

"Yet you know me, Lord; you see me and test my thoughts about you. Drag them off like sheep to be butchered! Set them apart for the day of slaughter!"

a good one

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Luke chapter 4 is pretty cool. Jesus fasts in the wilderness for 40 days after the Holy Spirit enters him. During that time Satan comes to him and tempts him with worldly pleasure and power. What is cool is the exact same thing happens to the Buddha, who fasts under the Bodhi tree for 40 days while being tempted by the demons of samsara. Pretty cool imo.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Genesis 46,20

Yea and Joseph said unto Asenath; “Lets see dem big ol’ titties.”

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 634 days!
Turns out it was likely that John the Baptist was the Big loving Deal at that time and everyone was into his poo poo.

Jesus was just some weird dude who glommed onto John's poo poo, and ended up having the better PR department. But most Jesus poo poo we have is probably a combination of John, Jesus, and a bunch of other Eastern "mystery cults" like Sol Invictus or Mithras (both waaaaaay loving cooler btw)

Bible is pretty loving gay and watered-down like Jesus wine tbh.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Ocean Book posted:

Luke chapter 4 is pretty cool. Jesus fasts in the wilderness for 40 days after the Holy Spirit enters him. During that time Satan comes to him and tempts him with worldly pleasure and power. What is cool is the exact same thing happens to the Buddha, who fasts under the Bodhi tree for 40 days while being tempted by the demons of samsara. Pretty cool imo.

the bible never lies

not to be confused with infamous poster on gbs who spreads his anti jesus rhetoric all over

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Thomas 1:11

"Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away. The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. In the days when you consumed what is dead, you made it what is alive. When you come to dwell in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were one you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

Ocean Book posted:

jesus is commonly recognized as a buddha/boddhisattva

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Numbers 23:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

e: Fixed spacing

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
Deut. 22:10 "Don't be so gay about it, Gary. Oh my me you can be such a fag sometimes"

QVC Drinking Game
Jun 23, 2005
COMMANDER KEEN

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Judges 1:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Judges 1:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

is that detroit?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Thomas 1:22

Jesus saw infants being suckled. He said to his disciples, "These infants being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom."
They said to him, "Shall we then, as children, enter the kingdom?"
Jesus said to them, "When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter the kingdom."

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
Quran (8:57) - "If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember."

As true today as when it was written

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Quran (8:57) - "If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember."

As true today as when it was written

I SAID BIBLE

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Proof that Christians failed the test of their lord:

Deuteronomy 13:1-5 King James Version (KJV)

13 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4 Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the Lord thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hail satan my dark lord and master

ellic
Apr 28, 2009

I never asked for this

Grimey Drawer

mrwuss posted:

I SAID BIBLE

We all have our own bibles.

Snoop 4:20
"Smoke weed every day."

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
satan 1:1

hail satan

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

Hail Satan

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
If I touch my hand to the screen can you bless me?

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Exodus 21:20-21 – "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property."

e: looking for women to spill my seed on. it will not hit the ground, so we won't be sinning. pm me

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
i like the part where i come back to life and surprise the poo poo out of everybody

also I like wine and fish and am drinking wine right now and ate some fish earlier

but all the really cool smiting people and turning them into pillars of salt and stuff as before my time unfortunately 'cause that would have been pretty rad to see

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun? One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose. The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits. All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again. All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing. The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

whiskey river take my mind

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

ellic posted:

We all have our own bibles.

Snoop 4:20
"Smoke weed every day."

no
the bible is the name of a specific book

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!”. When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

2 Kings 2:23-25

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
does the bible teach any good spells.

how do i do bible magic.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Deki posted:

Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!”. When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

2 Kings 2:23-25

This is my favorite one.
I think what I like most is how everything gets hosed up but then it's just like "And then he went from there to Mount Carmel..." like it's just some every day poo poo that happens to this dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
I just whooped your rear end

john 3 : 16

• Locked thread