Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Good songs on Polka Party:
- Living with a Hernia
- Dog Eat Dog
- Christmas at Ground Zero
- maybe Addicted to Spuds
- Polka Party

Good songs on Off the Deep End:
- Smells like Nirvana
- Trigger Happy
- I Can't Watch This
- When I Was Your Age
- Taco Grande
- You Don't Love Me Anymore
- Polka Your Eyes Out

Advantage: Off the Deep End

EDIT: Trigger Happy, Smells Like Nirvana, Taco Grande and You Don't Love Me Anymore are four of his best songs.

However, I am listening to Running With Scissors right now and I think that it and Dare to be Stupid are his best. Truth.

When listing top tracks from an Al album, the "the time in music since the last album summed up in a polka" always seems to make it, has he ever done a weak one? Maybe Polka Face from Alpocalypse, but I've seen it said that it might be more down to that being a really unmemorable time in music, where Lady Gaga might have been pretty much the only act of real interest out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

I think the polkas, more so than any of the other parodies or style songs, really depend on being into the music itself at the time. Some of the polkas from his 80s CDs I'm just not familiar with the music of that era. I mean yeah I know about the Knacks and loving Madonna but I really don't know about 80s Hair Band #32 that is in the polka.

I really like Angry White Boy Polka for pretty much this reason, it was all the stuff I was listening to in college when I was first properly becoming aware of music beyond pop.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Got a surprising extra morsel of Al today, Audible have a free collection of short stories featuring Drizzt (DnD antihero) read by a cast including Al. Not heard his yet but I figure there would be interest for novelty value. Ice-T reads one too.

• Locked thread