Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Serious question: The Baby Goku lands on the Planet of the Apes. Whose side is he on?

And, would he be able to beat Superape in a fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Fandyien posted:

i just dont understand how a hyper intelligent ape uprising that eventualyl defeats the combined armies of man somehow ends up riding horses and shooting machine guns and not wearing clothes or driving tanks. furthermore wasn't hte whole point of the original planet of the apes that man destroyed itself and then apes evolved over eons in a replay of human evolution but with a twist? the first planet of the apes movie was awesome and had a message and it sounds like this not only fucks up the awesome part, but isn't even an accurate prequel

They actually couldn't help themselves the first time around since the movies made so much money and there were a number of sequels (and a TV series) in the original Planet of the Apes movie series, including the aforementioned Beneath the Planet of the Apes which followed Charlton Heston descending into the heart of the planet discovering a culture of mutant humans who held on to technology and worshiped an unexploded atomic bomb which is a cool premise that was ruined by basically everyone involved just wanting to cash their check and go home.

After this the writers kind of throw up their hands and the third movie is "I dunno, the smart apes end up on modern earth?", and is basically a second rate comedy movie follow the ape couple that helps Heston in the first movie. Also Ricardo Montebon is a zoo keeper that ensures the end of human life civilization as we know it. It's worth watching on a Sunday morning on SciFi but I wouldn't bother tracking it down. Makes Beneath look like Citizen Kane.

The third one covers the same ground as this latest sequel to the new series, "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes", has a very different feel from the rest of the movies in a weird near-future. There are mass plagues that have killed off most of the lesser animals that were used as companions and I think a bunch of the human population. Apes are trained and conditioned to help pick up the slack of the low population and basically be black people slaves. I really like this movie, it's the only one of all of the original movies that doesn't really try to concern itself with fitting in with the rest of the movies, just telling it's piece of the story. This one covers the rise of Cesar and the revolt in "Ape City 01" which is basically large scale money riots vs swat team level force so it's never really explained why this ends up with humans under monkey paw.

The last one in the original movies is complete garbage, wouldn't recommend it unless you really want to see them scrape the bottom of that barrel of monkeys.

The TV isn't very long apparently, I never caught more than a couple of episodes but it seemed to be on the level of Robocop the Show.

If you've never watched the original movie with Charlton Heston I would really recommend it, it really is a great movie that shouldn't be as good as it is.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

obliviums posted:

i suspect the filmmakers were human.

hosed up if true

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
no cgi animators were harmed in the making of this film (yea rite)

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Maurice the Orangutan was chill as hell I wanted to see him gently caress more poo poo up

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
the frist film was total garbage so gently caress you op

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
this new series makes me irritated and i don't even like the planet of the apes franchise. it's just so stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

turdriver posted:

the frist film was total garbage so gently caress you op

I liked the first film a lot and this one is better for sure.

• Locked thread