Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the previews on youtube sent me into a terrible fit of seizures on account of how incredibly loving dumb they were. beneath the planet of the apes looks better than this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

MoreLikeTen posted:

Did they ever explain why the apes ride shoulder to shoulder on horses hipfiring machine guns at humans who also have machine guns? Cause I thought the whole point was the apes were smart.

i couldn't get over that. if the apes were smart wouldn't they suitcase nuke us or something. everything in the previews just looked like absurd bullshit. that being said 93% on Rottentomatoes is hella impressive so :shrug:

Maneck posted:

Is that the one where the earthworms fight voles? Except they're superintelligent?

i dont really remember i just got wasted once and saw part of it on tv

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i just dont understand how a hyper intelligent ape uprising that eventualyl defeats the combined armies of man somehow ends up riding horses and shooting machine guns and not wearing clothes or driving tanks. furthermore wasn't hte whole point of the original planet of the apes that man destroyed itself and then apes evolved over eons in a replay of human evolution but with a twist? the first planet of the apes movie was awesome and had a message and it sounds like this not only fucks up the awesome part, but isn't even an accurate prequel

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

etalian posted:

It's because a super-plague gets released in the final moments of the first movie which decimates humanity.

The original Planet of the Apes owned

in the original planet of the apes? did i miss something?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

etalian posted:

The old movie which had Charlton Heston and the classic twist ending.

The Tim Burton remake was pretty horrible.

oh i never saw that all the way through because i think i hated the beginning. i guess i just dont get why someone cant do a decent reamake a movie that was objectively hella cheesy but still sort of a masterpiece. like stick to the original story completely and just do a better job with the apes, the sets, maybe add a little subtle exposition

everybody has to add machine guns and exploding golden gate bridges and poo poo.

• Locked thread