Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It really helps when you're feeling down.

stealth edit: truly a thread title worthy of Pete Best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

who best pete

e: pete best i actually read it as best pete does that mean i have dyslexia

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
frequently throughout my day i'll think to myself "gently caress my gay little rear end" or "im a dumb loving retard baby human being"

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i woul rather be dead than read your thread

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

killyoureparents posted:

frequently throughout my day i'll think to myself "gently caress my gay little rear end" or "im a dumb loving retard baby human being"

Me too

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
The worst part for Pete Best is, of course, the fact that you could slip him back into ringo's place in history with the beatles and they probably wouldn't be any worse for it. Both were just lucky fucks catching a ride but one of the fucks was luckier than the other.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
He's still alive and they are mostly dead and he gets royalties from their early recordings so he's probably laughing too.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

he sued the beatles and won and collects a few royalties

he's basically lead a normal life except without having to worry about money at all

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

meanwhile, john lennon got shot by some crazy dude and is stone loving dead. i'd rather be pete best

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

NiceGuy posted:

The worst part for Pete Best is, of course, the fact that you could slip him back into ringo's place in history with the beatles and they probably wouldn't be any worse for it. Both were just lucky fucks catching a ride but one of the fucks was luckier than the other.

Ringo's a fantastic and talented drummer and was already moderately famous before joining the Beatles, so what if his songwriting wasn't great he still ruled.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Octopus's garden was great.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

killyoureparents posted:

i dont identify with the OP, but the above post really speaks to me and where im at in my life right now

Zak2k12
Dec 23, 2008

"I looked back once to the empty place where my dream had come true. Such is the stuff."
I do the same, but replace Pete Best with OP.

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
I saw him at Beatlefest some years ago, this thing in Chicago that's all about, well...you can probably figure it out.

He actually seemed pretty bitter about the whole Beatles thing, and when his band played he was kinda lovely at drumming. Haha

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

NotWearingPants posted:

He's still alive and they are mostly dead and he gets royalties from their early recordings so he's probably laughing too.

He didn't get any royalties until the first Beatles Anthology came out because none of his drumming with the Beatles was released before then. I think he made more than a million off of that.

I know he tried to kill himself several years after he got kicked out, when it was clear that the Beatles weren't just a flash in the pan.

Trans Ferdinand
Oct 24, 2005
Take Me Out Of Gear
seriouspost: ringo's drumming and percussion work always suited the song, and the Beatles wouldn't have been the same without him

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S A HARD DAY'S NIGHT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RINGO STARR. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I RUN AWAY FROM TEENAGE GROUPIES OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE WORLD'S MOST DEDICATED FANS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

King Vidiot posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S A HARD DAY'S NIGHT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RINGO STARR. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I RUN AWAY FROM TEENAGE GROUPIES OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE WORLD'S MOST DEDICATED FANS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

http://youtu.be/8ln6IZtYsXg?t=14s

• Locked thread