Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

drat those dutch United plastics :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
ManU's new shirt with Chevrolet as sponsor looks like a dishrag

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

There probably is a decent chance there were a lot of United plastics on the flight. Indonesians, Malaysians etc.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Vegetable posted:

There probably is a decent chance there were a lot of United plastics on the flight. Indonesians, Malaysians etc.

Plane was being played out of position

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

African AIDS cum posted:

Plane was being played out of position

Cleverley was on flight MH370.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Hegay posted:

Plastic fans...

Ooh thats moderately more clever, I guess. I'd already read about how a lot of them were australians on the way to some AIDS thing so I guess that flew right over my head (if you see what I did there)

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Osvaldo has gone AWOL from Southampton's training camp and will miss out on their pre season tour. He had been given a short medical leave, but then he just disappeared and hasn't been in touch.

He's such a shitheel.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

trem_two posted:

Osvaldo has gone AWOL from Southampton's training camp and will miss out on their pre season tour. He had been given a short medical leave, but then he just disappeared and hasn't been in touch.

He's such a shitheel.

Hes going to come to Leeds

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

trem_two posted:

He's such a shitheel.
Was he going to Malaysia?

Videogame Stench
Feb 11, 2011

I'm not watching the match but does anyone know why Can was subbed after 20 mins in the liverpool v preston game? injured? shite? both?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

stevie ray bong posted:

I'm not watching the match but does anyone know why Can was subbed after 20 mins in the liverpool v preston game? injured? shite? both?

Looks like he took a knock or maybe pulled something. Didn't look too serious though, but you don't want to risk anything in preseason.

Videogame Stench
Feb 11, 2011

Ah ok thanks. I don't know much about him and was kinda interested to see how he got on

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

stevie ray bong posted:

Ah ok thanks. I don't know much about him and was kinda interested to see how he got on

He was looking really good tbh. Strong and powerful, made a couple of decent tackles and played a few lovely balls. I think he's going to do really well.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

He was looking really good tbh. Strong and powerful, made a couple of decent tackles and played a few lovely balls. I think he's going to do really well.

Never judge based on a friendly, man. Aspas looked good in friendlies last season.

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

liverpool to be relegated based on these preseason games

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Vegetable posted:

United sucks too much to have plastics anymore.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Smeef posted:

United sucks too much to have plastics anymore.

then why haven't the scandanavians gone along with fljs massive head?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Tetrix posted:

liverpool to be relegated based on these preseason games

Villa smashed Mansfield 3-1 :getin:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Jordan Ibe is tearing it up

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Paddyb posted:

Jordan Ibe is tearing it up

He's gonna be such a player op. Every time he plays he does something

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Frankston posted:

Villa smashed Mansfield 3-1 :getin:

Who are we even playing up front? Weimann and Agbonlahor? I havent got a chance to tune in yet

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Abou Diaby played the entire second half of Arsenal's friendly and appears to have not died.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target

SandersPacheco posted:

Hi guys whats up I'm going to be an Everton plastic because of mega-fast, awesome-haired Oviedo-baby (who hopefully will be fit in September and play some cup games or whatever, phwoar)

An excellent choice. I hope you're excited at the prospect of maybe winning the 4th place trophy when the season begins, only to see those dreams gradually fade away around April time. :(

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

fat gay nonce posted:

then why haven't the scandanavians gone along with fljs massive head?

They narrowed the door to the gift shop, and now I can't get out

I'm greatly looking forward to the first shipment of Nissin noodles, to be honest

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hegay posted:

Plastic fans...

I got the joke but I am also a plastic :confused:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

vyelkin posted:

Never judge based on a friendly, man. Aspas looked good in friendlies last season.
Voronin ruled one summer. Never forget.

Xabi fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 19, 2014

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Xabi posted:

Voronin rule one summer. Never forget.

Sometimes I forget he ever even played for Liverpool, and then I remember the tracksuit.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

vyelkin posted:

Sometimes I forget he ever even played for Liverpool, and then I remember the tracksuit.

That was a fly rear end tracksuit for a fly rear end Ukranian.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

Who are we even playing up front? Weimann and Agbonlahor? I havent got a chance to tune in yet

I didn't watch it (the friendlies are on that awful AVTV subscription thing) but from what I read we played a different team each half. Bent scored twice and Gardner got one.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Dirk Pitt posted:

That was a fly rear end tracksuit for a fly rear end Ukranian.

Do luxury brands really make poo poo that cheap and tacky looking or did he just buy knockoffs because he's Ukrainian?

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Smeef posted:

Do luxury brands really make poo poo that cheap and tacky looking

yes

quote:

did he just buy knockoffs because he's Ukrainian?

yes

The shopping bags are part of their deception technique I might add.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
http://www.kingfut.com/2014/07/18/salahs-chelsea-career-balance-military-service/

quote:

Chelsea midfielder Mohamed Salah could find himself forced to return to Egypt to serve military duty due to a decision made by the Minister of Higher Education to rescind his registration for an education program.
The 22-year-old, who joined one of Egypt’s education institutes in order to obtain the ability to travel abroad, was dealt a blow today after his registration was cancelled by the Minister of Higher Education, possibly forcing him to return to his homeland to serve mandatory military service.
This decision could prevent Salah from travelling outside Egypt if he was to return, something that could threaten his future with the Blues.
Egyptian footballing legend and the current National Team director Ahmed Hassan commented on the situation regarding Salah, stating that he has been in contact with the Chelsea winger via phone.
“Salah has expressed his shock about the decision. He told me that he is trying to represent Egypt in the best way possible. Is this the best response from the country?”
It has been mentioned that a meeting will be held between the Egyptian national team coaching staff headed by Shawky Gharib together with members of the Egyptian Football Association and the Minister of Higher Education to find a solution to this dilemma.

Guess South Koreans aren't the only players that face military service.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

How will the already paper-thin Chelsea midfield deal with this awful loss of one of their top stars?

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

stevie ray bong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp9pv8Y9voQ

Of course someone's made a 3 minute video of his 20 mins on the pitch

I've missed both friendlies too, curious how Enrique's looking? I imagine 'hench', as the crow flies.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

MrBling posted:

http://www.kingfut.com/2014/07/18/salahs-chelsea-career-balance-military-service/

That's such an obvious shakedown.
Not the fact he has to do service, but the fact they went back on the agreement and are looking for "discussions".

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Insanely Sikh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp9pv8Y9voQ

Of course someone's made a 3 minute video of his 20 mins on the pitch

I've missed both friendlies too, curious how Enrique's looking? I imagine 'hench', as the crow flies.

He looked decent enough when he came on yesterday. Hench would be the correct word

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Reina is back with the Liverpool squad for this pre-season tour. It's an odd situation, no idea if I think it's a good or bad idea.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Frankston posted:

I didn't watch it (the friendlies are on that awful AVTV subscription thing) but from what I read we played a different team each half. Bent scored twice and Gardner got one.

lol i totally forgot we still have bent

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Ponce de Le0n posted:

lol i totally forgot we still have bent

i can never forget your(e) bent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrBling posted:

Could be a big blow for whatever club he's going on loan to this season.

• Locked thread