Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
You live in a land of poo poo.

It isnt "cool". Stop living in loving fantasy land.

Youre not rap gangsters (who by the way are loving abhorrent people)

Youre not in some action film.

Youre in a loving garbage bin sucking dicks people threw out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Rapman the Cook posted:

Whats up alabama man

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Rapman the Cook posted:

i'm a rap gangster irl

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Rapman the Cook posted:

jokes on you i live on an island in the rear end end of nowhere

:smith:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Naerasa posted:

I've spent six years here and I every day I pray to God that today is the day I can leave. Someday I'll see you again, hills, oceans, and livable weather :cry:

if you don't think Chicago has liveable weather then you probably grew up somewhere else like a pussy.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Nanomashoes posted:

if you don't think Chicago has liveable weather then you probably grew up somewhere else like a pussy.

Polar vortex treating me good today outside in my nothing tanning on my trampoline

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I hate the loving Cubs.

Sorry baby I didn't mean it come back to me

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Rapman the Cook posted:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

chicago= stink onion

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Idiot Kicker posted:

I hate the loving Cubs.

Come to the mediocre sox at least we've won something before sucking again

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
i just got back from chicago. it was cool and i didnt get shot

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009
chicago is one of the few us cities with a functional public transport system

also you can openly smoke weed in the subway tunnels and nobody will do poo poo

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sunshine Mix posted:

It's a wonderful city with some horrific parts. Running with the "Chiraq" theme, it's less like Baghdad and more like Greater Paris (under Chirac [this is a banlieue reference])

but gently caress Chicago; if you want to live in an urban area in the Midwest come to Minneapolis and not die

Pffft, a life free of the threat of death by both gangs and cops ain't a life worth living.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Rapman the Cook posted:

Please don't throw your dicks out. TIA

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nanomashoes posted:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i took a bus to chicago with a friend a few years ago. we got separated in the station and within less than a minute he got mugged.

he's a very naive and trusting person, or was back then at least

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003
Chicago is awesome if you live 30 minutes away and can go there for very specific reasons.

That or if you hate cars and love the L. Then live there I guess. I'm not rich enough to live in any of the neighborhoods worth a drat so my opinion is skewed.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Its almost impossible to get decent pizza or an edible hot dog in Chicago.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
pfft there were just 500 reported murders in chicago in 2012

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Idiot Kicker posted:

I hate the loving Cubs.

They have an inbuilt fanbase that has grown up never having seen them win

so they never need to

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

VibrioCholera posted:

Chicago is awesome if you live 30 minutes away and can go there for very specific reasons.

That or if you hate cars and love the L. Then live there I guess. I'm not rich enough to live in any of the neighborhoods worth a drat so my opinion is skewed.

gently caress back off to the suburbs we don't want you

HodjasBitch
Apr 24, 2003

Too bad you revealed what a huge asshole you are so early in the game.....I woulda put out.
Fun Shoe
I've lived in the suburbs since I was 4, but I have been in and out of the neighborhoods from Marquette Park to Logan Square since I could drive. I've parked on the street overnight, walked at night alone, and never had a problem. I think you need to either a) not tremble like a chihuahua or b) just have an attitude that "lol, you can't rape the willing, motherfuckers".

It probably also helps that I drive lovely cars and never owned a pair of Air Jordans.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Rapman the Cook posted:

lolling at chicago

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chicago has many hidden treasures worth visiting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33zPlnhymCU

also lolling how it's one of the big name US cities that still gets negative population growth while other areas like DC or Boston are positive growth:

etalian fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 15, 2014

FARK Kiosk
Aug 14, 2003

Oh Sweet Jesus

Pththya-lyi posted:

I grew up there, so the familiarity would be comforting

Also I happen to enjoy deep dish pizza. I understand that many people don't and I'm okay with that

(Edwardo's is best. Please feel free to argue for your favorite deep dish place)

Edwardo's is loving poo poo you idiot.

FARK Kiosk
Aug 14, 2003

Oh Sweet Jesus

BigBoss posted:

Its almost impossible to get decent pizza or an edible hot dog in Chicago.

It's true. I don't want a hot dog sandwiched between a dumbass loving tomato or pickle. Likewise, Chicago pizza is akin to soaking a 8" tall pile of paper towels in oil and covering it in nasty ginzo sauce. Slimy, oily, gross fattening poo poo.

NY pizza supremacy. Zweigels supremacy.

gently caress chicago.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

FARK Kiosk posted:

Edwardo's is loving poo poo you idiot.

Maybe I only think that because I don't know about your favorite pizza! I've only had Edwardo's/Giordano's and Uno's (Uno's is okay, but not as good as Edwardo's), never Gino's East or Lou Malnati's.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I love going to Chicago, staying in a nice hotel, eating at some nice jazz clubs, and doing touristy shopping poo poo. It's like Vegas but not Tacky.

Giordano's best pizza.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Pththya-lyi posted:

Maybe I only think that because I don't know about your favorite pizza! I've only had Edwardo's/Giordano's and Uno's (Uno's is okay, but not as good as Edwardo's), never Gino's East or Lou Malnati's.

Don't waste your time. Papa John's is better than Gino's or Lou's

Sax
Mar 30, 2008

I'm your coffee, pal! :coffeepal:
This is the best site about Chicago: http://heyjackass.com/

FARK Kiosk
Aug 14, 2003

Oh Sweet Jesus

Sax posted:

lol. "but we don't put no ketchup on our hot dogs nope a dope dope we are a great city"

gently caress chicago. maybe everyone will kill each other and lake michigan will flood its banks for 500 miles and consume them all.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

BigBoss posted:

Don't waste your time. Papa John's is better than Gino's or Lou's

I don't like Papa John's all that much, so I guess I'll like Gino's or Lou's even less

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sax posted:

lol

http://www.businessinsider.com/chicago-is-the-worst-american-city-2013-6?op=1

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/books/review/the-third-coast-by-thomas-dyja-and-more.html

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

FARK Kiosk posted:

gently caress chicago. maybe everyone will kill each other and lake michigan will flood its banks for 500 miles and consume them all.

Don't kid yourself. Maybe the gangsters will kill each other, but the rich will be perfectly safe in their high-rise condos. I once saw a couple dozen police officers respond to a single mugging by Michigan and Randolph. Poor kid ran right past me - I saw a cellphone clutched in his hand. Two dozen cops to get a cellphone back! I can't imagine the response if some captain of industry's life was threatened.

FARK Kiosk
Aug 14, 2003

Oh Sweet Jesus

Pththya-lyi posted:

Don't kid yourself. Maybe the gangsters will kill each other, but the rich will be perfectly safe in their high-rise condos. I once saw a couple dozen police officers respond to a single mugging by Michigan and Randolph. Poor kid ran right past me - I saw a cellphone clutched in his hand. Two dozen cops to get a cellphone back! I can't imagine the response if some captain of industry's life was threatened.

maybe they will all choke on rick bayless' frontera taco chips at his lovely meximelt chicago dump hole and die from that.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Personally I don't understand the conflict over NY and Deep Dish pizza. They are completely different other than using the word "pizza" and are both real good.

Just eat it and get fat and happy idiots.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

FARK Kiosk posted:

maybe they will all choke on rick bayless' frontera taco chips at his lovely meximelt chicago dump hole and die from that.

keystone kops pour into the restaurant to arrest the chips

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Chinatown posted:

Personally I don't understand the conflict over NY and Deep Dish pizza. They are completely different other than using the word "pizza" and are both real good.

Just eat it and get fat and happy idiots.

Unless the pizza is cooked in a stone fired oven, it will always be a greasy fast food item.

It's so worth it to pay the extra 5 bucks or whatever, to get rid of papa johns, dominos, pizza hut, and the ilk.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SpeedGem posted:

Unless the pizza is cooked in a stone fired oven, it will always be a greasy fast food item.

Hmmm, no.

SpeedGem posted:

It's so worth it to pay the extra 5 bucks or whatever, to get rid of papa johns, dominos, pizza hut, and the ilk.

YES>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:
Chicago is p cool and I like being sent there but I don't understand why anyone would relocate or get settled there. For pretty much the same cost of living you can live in the Northeast or California. The NE has all the cultural stuff Chicago has (except more and better), and so does California (with year-round nice weather). So it's not like HEY gently caress CHICAGO it's more like "oh ok chicago ya cool cya".

e: but then again I live in Boston which is also overpriced and thinks it's much cooler than it actually is so we're almost like Chicago's runt twin brother.

• Locked thread