Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't think everything's terrible and non-fixable, but then again, it's been this way for almost exactly a year now. At some point you stop making excuses and hoops to jump through to defend the product, and start to wonder if there's any realistic solution they can come up with between now and when the Network subscriptions they're desperate to maintain and gain are up for renewal.

Is Brock winning the belt really it? Is that really enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

My anger is directed at the WWE who have officially killed his heat and momentum with that loving pointless Cena feud. At WM30 everything was looking so good. Bryan as champ, the Shield all doing well, Ceasaro looking like he was about to be pushed to the moon, Barrett getting a jesus pop at the Raw right after, Paige debuting.

And they have managed to ruin almost every single loving thing from it, or have them go wrong due to some cruel twist of fate. If things haven't turned around by Summerslam I might be done with wrestling again for a while.

see you in the post-summerslam raw thread

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm more excited for Harper vs. Jericho even with the standard bullshit finish.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I feel like with everything going wrong and everybody getting hurt, the WWE is really doubling down on Cena being their top guy. That's why you have these weird things like Ric Flair endorsing Cena in the four way, or Micheal Cole calling him the greatest Champion ever. They really, really want everyone to believe that John Cena is the greatest thing to ever happen to wrestling.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Bray Wyatt was called boring. WWE was booed for not having Sting.

Best RAW in months.

You guys missed us loudly chanting "we want Sting" during that ad break, too.

Being at Raw live was pretty good. Cena was hugely over, people really liked Reigns, Swagger and America were very popular, and for some reason no one liked the Wyatts. I actually yelled at people to stop chanting "boring" during that promo. :smith: Oh, and I hope the "we want Ambrose" chants during the main event came across on television.

I enjoyed it enough to buy a ticket to the next event coming to Richmond, even though everything after the Wyatt segment really fell flat for me.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

sunsweet posted:

You guys missed us loudly chanting "we want Sting" during that ad break, too.

Just how excited did people get when they saw Sting and how sad did they get when they realized it was just for a video game?

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Rhonne posted:

Just how excited did people get when they saw Sting and how sad did they get when they realized it was just for a video game?

We were pretty drat into it when we realised it was Sting. People started cheering like the guy was going to come out. When we realised it was just for the game, there were definitely some boos. Then the chanting, like, those were some big "we want Sting" chants. WWE broke a few hearts tonight.

But yeah, overall people absolutely knew Sting by the Crow makeup and the old theme music. He got a bigger reaction than I would have expected.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

skaboomizzy posted:

For fast food shilling, nothing will ever beat this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVK5kyZtzJs

Heel Santino was the greatest. I know he was never gonna turn heel again because of his kid demographic the past few years. But Heel Santino was gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3VpC_n7TVE

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sunsweet posted:

We were pretty drat into it when we realised it was Sting. People started cheering like the guy was going to come out. When we realised it was just for the game, there were definitely some boos. Then the chanting, like, those were some big "we want Sting" chants. WWE broke a few hearts tonight.

But yeah, overall people absolutely knew Sting by the Crow makeup and the old theme music. He got a bigger reaction than I would have expected.

Did you get any view of Rollins getting tended to/how bad it looked as he went to the back and whatnot?

Also glad you had fun :unsmith:

EDIT: The Subway thing made me try to find "Luke, Serena, go get me Jared from Subway..." and it's not on YouTube anymore. :(

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jul 15, 2014

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
If Seth really did sustain a serious knee injury and is out for awhile I hope WWE considers just letting him keep the briefcase til he returns instead of pulling a Ken Kennedy. It's been a long time since we've had an almost-year-long cash-in and if the plan really is for Roman to win the belt at Mania Seth cashing in on him just before the next MitB would be the ultimate troll and a great storyline.

Also, rather sadly and ironically, if they were to strip Seth of the case and replace him in the storyline, Wade would've been the perfect person to do it with, but he's also out with injury. Poor bastard. :(

Jerusalem posted:

Why do they say Cena-Kun and AJ-Chan? Those are Japanese honorifics and they're Americans :confused:

You're right, it should be Cena-sama :kiddo:

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Is this the first time that WWE has put out a t shirt for someone who has NEVER competed in a WWE ring?

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Bo Dallas made a Khali match watchable. Bo Dallas is the best!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Did you get any view of Rollins getting tended to/how bad it looked as he went to the back and whatnot?

Also glad you had fun :unsmith:

EDIT: The Subway thing made me try to find "Luke, Serena, go get me Jared from Subway..." and it's not on YouTube anymore. :(

Take this with a massive grain of salt given the source: some folk on Tumblr who went to Raw saw him walking out with his bags after the show with, quote, "a pretty gnarly limp". Makes a hyper-extension seem likely, if it's not total bullshit.

Edit: Also if you're not trawling the tags for Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns on Tumblr you're missing out on hilarity.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 15, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sunsweet posted:

A lot of people say that Sting was a nobody and a loser and not a big star.

Those people are liars :mad:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
BAD GIANT!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

89 posted:

BAD GIANT!

"Hey there big buddy! :3:"

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Jerusalem posted:

A lot of people say that Sting was a nobody and a loser and not a big star.

Those people are liars :mad:

Anybody who ever thought that Sting wouldn't get a huge, deafening reaction if he ever showed up on RAW is a big drat dummy if you ask me.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Rhonne posted:

They really, really want everyone to believe that John Cena is the greatest thing to ever happen to wrestling.

I had been pondering this during my nightly walk, and I have realized that from a certain viewpoint...it's right. Mainly based on three things.

1) Cena is the perfect company man. No out of control ego like Hogan or Warrior, no severe personal problems like Shawn Michaels, no injuries like Stone Cold, no seeking better things like the Rock, nothing. He wants to stay in WWE forever, does whatever he's told, he never fights it, never tries to change the script, never makes life harder for Vince and co. It gets to the point where it's a detriment, because he seems to sometimes try and stick up for someone (remember when he was supposedly pushing for Matt Syndel/Evan Bourne to get a push? That worked out great, didn't it), but never sticks to his guns.

2) Cena seems to be a mutant freak who heals from injuries in half, if not one third the time. Torn pectoral muscle? Back in 4 months instead of 7/12. Herniated disc in his neck? Back in three months instead of who knows the average time. Triceps tear? Back in 2 1/2 months instead of 4 to 6. Cena ought to leave his body to science when he passes: there might be a cancer cure in there.

3) This is the big one. Yeah, we've had the 'Let's Go Cena!'/'CENA SUCKS' going on for YEARS now, but to the WWE, it doesn't matter. Because those people are in seats they paid for, and they're STILL SHOWING UP. The WWE doesn't care if the audience is split 50/50 or whatever: they'd care if it had just turned into 'Let's Go Cena!' because the other half of the chant stopped showing up entirely.

So yeah, in the pre-determined screwed-up world of wrestling, why wouldn't a healing freak who has no life outside the WWE (to the point where people who see Cena on Total Divas are wondering if he has a severe depression problem) and does whatever he's told and hasn't caused people to stop showing up be the greatest thing to happen to wrestling? After all, he's great for them, and they are wrestling. Right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sting video was neat. It was also neat to go back and see how the crowd kind of reacted to his music but then reacted bigger when it became clear who it was for.

Rhonne posted:

I feel like with everything going wrong and everybody getting hurt, the WWE is really doubling down on Cena being their top guy. That's why you have these weird things like Ric Flair endorsing Cena in the four way, or Micheal Cole calling him the greatest Champion ever. They really, really want everyone to believe that John Cena is the greatest thing to ever happen to wrestling.

It's good for people to believe the truth.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

When Cena comes out, the reaction is still bigger than for anyone else, whether it's split between Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks or not. They should be concerned when nobody's chanting anything, not when whatever he does has the whole crowd's undivided attention.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Cena is honestly an extreme carny freak disguising himself as a stand-up guy. His interview on Howard Stern where he admits to loving a 280 lb woman because he was dared to is eye opening to me. I'm not sure he actually has a soul. Which is a perfect fit for this company, because Vince McMahon doesn't have one either. He can wrestle though. Don't say he can't wrestle. John Cena can wrestle, but he what he can't do is empathize or feel emotion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Carver Crisis posted:

Cena is honestly an extreme carny freak disguising himself as a stand-up guy. His interview on Howard Stern where he admits to loving a 280 lb woman because he was dared to is eye opening to me. I'm not sure he actually has a soul. Which is a perfect fit for this company, because Vince McMahon doesn't have one either. He can wrestle though. Don't say he can't wrestle. John Cena can wrestle, but he what he can't do is empathize or feel emotion.

No one has ever said anything untrue on Howard Stern.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

MassRafTer posted:

No one has ever said anything untrue on Howard Stern.
you are correct that i may have overreacted to this. but i just have the sinking feeling that he was telling the truth.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Things like that and Ric Flair talking about drinking with him just make me wish he was that cool during the shows themselves. The root of the problem is he's bland as gently caress, even if a lot of people like bland.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

John Cena was also quoted as saying, "Baba Booey, Baba Booey, Howard Stern's penis"

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

John Cena was also quoted as saying, "Baba Booey, Baba Booey, Howard Stern's penis"
he said no such thing!

e: also i didn't realize this interview was like 8 years ago, i'm sure it's been discussed to death, please ignore my lovely posts.

Trip Larsen fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 15, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

skaboomizzy posted:

For fast food shilling, nothing will ever beat this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVK5kyZtzJs

I actually kind of liked the running gag in the Burger King shills over the years that Teddy Long never got to eat a burger. Something would always happen to interrupt him and then he'd have to explain that he was about to eat the Deluxe All-Beef Patty Flame-Broiled Whopper From Burger King Because That's Totally How People Talk. Then sometime last year when it finally looked like he was going to get through a segment with an intact burger he could eat, Big E showed up and took like three huge bites and Teddy looked so sad. :(

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Finally watched the Sting WWE2K15 video. Laughing really hard at the fans going crazy, seeing the 2K15 logo and then BOOING as they fade away.

lockhq
Feb 26, 2013

Had a lovely day and read this. So amazing. Take all my 5s

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Brokenogre posted:

Is this the first time that WWE has put out a t shirt for someone who has NEVER competed in a WWE ring?

You want him to wrestle WITHOUT a t-shirt?

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Professor Funk posted:

Honestly, what were the long term plans with Rollins with the briefcase? Lesnar is going to win the title at Summerslam, and you have to imagine the WWE is going to fight to get some extra dates from him in order to allow him to hold the title until Mania. They're not going to have Rollins (or anyone, if he was going to feud with Ambrose for the case) cash in on Lesnar. It seems like WWE had booked themselves into a bit of a corner with him, so I can't say I have any idea what they were going to do with him in the first place.

Still sucks though, obviously, as he's so fun to watch.

He cashes it in against Reigns, who beat Lesnar at Mania for the title. Ambrose stops it. Asks if he had forgotten. Shield Triple Threat

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Your special Network-exclusive, pre-Battleground match is Naomi vs Cameron.

It's like they want the PPV to bomb.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

pressedbunny posted:

Dot-com.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

pressedbunny posted:

Your special Network-exclusive, pre-Battleground match is Naomi vs Cameron.

They're banking on Naomi putting asses in seats :downsrim:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Perhaps Naomi's other eye will get hosed this time and she can go back to being a pirate.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Sting's orchestra to be inducted into Observer HOF (but not Sting himself).

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't think everything's terrible and non-fixable, but then again, it's been this way for almost exactly a year now. At some point you stop making excuses and hoops to jump through to defend the product, and start to wonder if there's any realistic solution they can come up with between now and when the Network subscriptions they're desperate to maintain and gain are up for renewal.

Is Brock winning the belt really it? Is that really enough?

Why does everyone assume Brock is winning the title anyway? He's so far above titles that if he won it, he'd have to hold it for the next 15 years or it would be a waste of the streak. Literally 22 Wrestlemanias worth of build has been leading to this angle and if they had Brock lose to ANYBODY within a year of that then was was even the point?

Yes I realise this is the WWE and they had Brock lose his first match back.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sir Jebus posted:

Why does everyone assume Brock is winning the title anyway? He's so far above titles that if he won it, he'd have to hold it for the next 15 years or it would be a waste of the streak. Literally 22 Wrestlemanias worth of build has been leading to this angle and if they had Brock lose to ANYBODY within a year of that then was was even the point?

Yes I realise this is the WWE and they had Brock lose his first match back.

So losing to Cena again at Summerslam would be better than this how? Face it man, Brock's going to go for the title.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
With regard to the Network, there's a Logan's Run "RENEW" joke somewhere, but damned if I can find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

So losing to Cena again at Summerslam would be better than this how? Face it man, Brock's going to go for the title.

It wouldn't, which was my point. Dude shouldn't be losing to loving ANYBODY for years now. He should take Takers unbeatable spot for 2 ppvs a year or something. If he has the title, there's already an expiration date on him being unbeatable.

e: I should clarify, I don't expect them to book Lesnar properly but I'm going to be so dang angry when they gently caress it up.

Sir Jebus fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jul 15, 2014

• Locked thread