Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Writer Cath posted:

Goddamnit, Dixie, this won't help you win!

If I had any Photoshop skill, I'd stick Dixie's face in a comic panel from a book called Uber over the line "We cannot win. We can only make sure everyone loses."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Rhonne posted:

They really, really want everyone to believe that John Cena is the greatest thing to ever happen to wrestling.

I had been pondering this during my nightly walk, and I have realized that from a certain viewpoint...it's right. Mainly based on three things.

1) Cena is the perfect company man. No out of control ego like Hogan or Warrior, no severe personal problems like Shawn Michaels, no injuries like Stone Cold, no seeking better things like the Rock, nothing. He wants to stay in WWE forever, does whatever he's told, he never fights it, never tries to change the script, never makes life harder for Vince and co. It gets to the point where it's a detriment, because he seems to sometimes try and stick up for someone (remember when he was supposedly pushing for Matt Syndel/Evan Bourne to get a push? That worked out great, didn't it), but never sticks to his guns.

2) Cena seems to be a mutant freak who heals from injuries in half, if not one third the time. Torn pectoral muscle? Back in 4 months instead of 7/12. Herniated disc in his neck? Back in three months instead of who knows the average time. Triceps tear? Back in 2 1/2 months instead of 4 to 6. Cena ought to leave his body to science when he passes: there might be a cancer cure in there.

3) This is the big one. Yeah, we've had the 'Let's Go Cena!'/'CENA SUCKS' going on for YEARS now, but to the WWE, it doesn't matter. Because those people are in seats they paid for, and they're STILL SHOWING UP. The WWE doesn't care if the audience is split 50/50 or whatever: they'd care if it had just turned into 'Let's Go Cena!' because the other half of the chant stopped showing up entirely.

So yeah, in the pre-determined screwed-up world of wrestling, why wouldn't a healing freak who has no life outside the WWE (to the point where people who see Cena on Total Divas are wondering if he has a severe depression problem) and does whatever he's told and hasn't caused people to stop showing up be the greatest thing to happen to wrestling? After all, he's great for them, and they are wrestling. Right?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

The only thing that could really force the WWE to change is Vince dying.

This is likely a sad truth. Vince will never retire, and Cena abruptly suffering a career ending injury I think would just lead to Vince willfully burning the WWE to the ground (if it went into freefall) just so he'd be the last man standing among the ashes.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Any more recent word on Bryan's injuries/surgeries beyond 'might need something for the neck again, might need the shoulder, could be out for eight more months?'

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

When I stopped watching no one cared about or they hated him. He was doing poo poo like hosting the Diva Search. When I started watching again no one cared about him or they hated him. I guess he headlined 'Mania at some point in between there, but that was obviously some sort of mass hysteria.

From mid-late 2010 to early 2011, the PSP forum was actually very high on the Miz. Then again, I've heard they were once very high on Randy Orton too. I don't think they were ever high on Del Rio. You also missed him at his best: when he was tag teaming with John Morrison and they were hosting their own web series.

But, like a lot of things, it all got fed to the eternal Cena.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Meltzer believes Heyman and Cesaro has been quietly dropped with no angle, no explanation. So there you go, it was a way to keep Lesnar in your mind and that's it.

God, I REALLY hope they put the belt on Brock and he just shows up every ten or so weeks to have a defense and then just vanishes again. It will be hilarious.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Stuff about panels.

The thing about these kind of panels that bug me is that they should be awesome and should be a source for interesting stories and tidbits, but there's ALWAYS some autistic weeaboo equivalent who always asks really unpleasant questions about stuff they're SURE is true and it puts off people from doing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This is purely wild speculation here, but: Dunn is probably working double overtime to convince Vince that HHH's ideas are terrible and that he has signed some terrible wrestlers since taking over Talent Relations, and that Vince should definitely not turn over control of WWE to HHH when he finally leaves (because HHH makes bad decisions and signs terrible wrestlers). :v:

The funniest and most deserving part is, THIS IS ENTIRELY SELF-INFLICTED. It's pretty much agreed that Dunn and his crew are very good at their (video production) jobs, to the point where in a vacuum, Dunn doesn't need the whole 'job for life because dad saved tapes from flaming car', he should be able to keep it through the general quality of his work. But the little poo poo learned all the wrong lessons from his bullying and immediately began abusing his power and being an unpleasant little poo poo to everyone (seriously, how bad do you have to be to make William "Paul Bearer" Moody dislike you?), and at long last karma is knocking on his door.

• Locked thread