Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I will say this, I don't think it's weird at all that Seth wasn't involved in the ending schmozz. It was clearly about the fatal four way and I honestly don't think they planned to have Ambrose run out at all. It flowed too naturally.

No it didn't. It was incredibly awkward and didn't appear to be the plan at all.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I think they're out of countdowns and mania rewinds, punk is/was a big star (with interest because of how he left) so promote his thing is airing and there you go. Saying this is another ploy to bring him back or kill sales (of a DVD that released 2 years ago) sounds incredibly silly. Punk sounds like a guy who could give a poo poo less about coming back at this point.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Chris James 2 posted:

His contract's up Thursday. Trying to curry his favor in 72 hours with his documentary being aired on the Network is dumb as well as pointless.

And like I said, that sounds like something he would laugh at. They're not THAT dumb to think that would somehow sway him, and he's not that dumb to think it's a carrot that means something. And with money issues the way they are, and that being speculated as one reason he left, I don't think he's coming back for a good long while. Summerslam payouts were apparently lower than usual, video game payouts are in the pits, people are upset about house show payouts, etc. This year's Wrestlemania check is supposedly just about to come in, and I don't think people are going to be happy. Can we shut the door on Punk coming back in the near future?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

LoboLoboLobo posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute, they separated Cesaro and Heyman in a line of commentary?

Heyman can't be associated with a loser midcarder if he's promoting Lesnar at the same time, would be my guess. LOL if that's really what they do.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Do not even ask posted:

Everything about Battleground makes me so apathetic about it. The card, the build, the name of the bloody thing. Didn't last years one end with a no contest due to Big Show interfering? Seems like the gimmick to Battleground is lovely PPV.

Battleground 2013 ended with Big Show knocking out Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton in a WWE Championship match he was not involved in. The bell never rang, there was no referee decision. The PPV went off the air with Big Show's music playing. It had a poo poo build, and only one good thing on the show.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 15, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yup. Despite good delivery, his promos don't do much for me. And the Cena feud did him no favors.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Has it been posted yet that Seth's injury was actually a work? How weird is that.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Professor Funk posted:

I actually have enjoyed Miz's return, for what it's worth. He's still pretty shoddy in the ring, but he's gotten better, and he is so much more natural as a heel.

Are there actual reports of this?

Meltzer.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

fart blood posted:

I'd be thrilled if he's not really injured but I don't buy that yet. This was "Kevin Nash quad tear on Raw" without the scream. Also, it accomplishes nothing.

It accomplished Rollins getting out of the ring without Ambrose having to come out and stealing all the pop.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
That Lords of Pain figure came from Meltzer. It's possible they filmed more than what was shown.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I question Tyler Breeze's main roster prospects. Adam Rose?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
$200K is nothing to 2K by the way. That's only 3,500 copies of the game which is nothing in the video game world.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Punk alumni'd

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
And then sting grabs the mic and says "Undertaker, you must now go to the ring and perform a strip tease."

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
"So, Triple H, what do you think about your match at Wrestlemania 30?"

"I had the night off."

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

bradzilla posted:

No one gives a poo poo about the NBC show. It's more that I'm interested in how they'll try to bury himkeep him out of the main event if he does come back.

Well. Evaluate what you see on Raw and tell me what's going to happen.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Analyzing the Cesaro situation a bit more, I recall this:

Observer Newsletter - April 21, 2014 posted:

They also handed out the “Cesaro section” signs at ringside, which they also did the next night in Nashville. Very interesting that they are handing them out even though he’s a heel. The idea is to create the idea that the fans want him turned and have them keep him with Heyman and not turn him, all the while giving the impression there is a groundswell on turning him. In other words, they are trying to create a Daniel Bryan on their own this time.

I think they gave it a while to see if Cesaro was truly as over as some people thought, and a big ground swell to get him to turn face, and it turns out there really wasn't. I'm not saying they're right because they booked it this way. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, but the WWE are masters at that. To them, they're probably thinking this:

"We gave him the Battle Royal moment, he's beaten Sheamus (a top guy), what else does he need!?!?!"

If the crowds were going nuts for him, the tune would be different. But they're not. So, WWE is once again justified in their thinking because of their lovely booking.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Suben posted:

He'll certainly be getting all the Main Event spots he can handle.

I truly love we have a show centered around the midcard called "Main Event" so we can have posts like this.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

The Landstander posted:

I'll always wonder if Cesaro would've been the post-Kane feud for Bryan in a non-injured universe. That would've worked on a few levels.

But yeah, either they didn't have a Plan B or there wasn't a Plan A to begin with.

If I had to guess: Plan A was Cesaro feuds with Bryan over the title for a one or two month program. Does Cesaro good to feud with a top face and over the world title as a heel. Turns face sometime after Summerslam or at Summerslam. Becomes fall project as a hot face. People will be ready for it. Meanwhile Reigns slow burns to the world title picture up to Mania 31.

Plan B with Bryan out is probably what you're seeing. Fast-track with Reigns because they need main event babyfaces all of a sudden, and so Reigns is basically their big focus right now. Cesaro now colder than he has been since the Yodeling gimmick, jobbing to Kofi and Big E. Probably winning the IC title, and he'll be lucky to get as hot as he was at Mania ever again.

Just my take.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

The Landstander posted:

This is more or less my exact take, and something akin to Plan A is why I liked the Heyman idea in the first place. It was somewhat comparable to the 2012 Bryan/Punk feud, which I think helped both of them - Punk needed some legitimate wins, Bryan had the YES momentum but they hadn't decided to turn him, and in the meantime everyone gets some really good matches.

Alas, here we are. :sigh: Heyman hasn't been too beneficial as a manager to people who weren't already stars on this particular run.

Yeah, I think that is where people get tripped up over though. Cesaro hasn't been given really any mic time while Heyman talks about Lesnar. With Bryan in 2012, he was given a lot of mic time which helped him stay over. And then he completely owned that Team Hell No gimmick like no one expected him to (and was so good at it that he turned face in the process). It's like they gave Cesaro one or two things but nothing consistent and they expected that to be enough. Great ring work helps get you over but it remains to be seen where it's enough in WWE.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 17, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
John Cena is off two of the four Raws leading into Summerslam. Next week, and then August 4.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Exactly, if something gets hot, stays hot or whatever it's not a "shiny new toy", it's something they'll stick with. Cesaro and the Network are cold as ice so Vince would rather focus energy on other things.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

3 years ago today.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan posted:

Selling a beating from Lesnar is the only conceivable reason I can see him getting pulled

Probably the movie he's filming but there's your kayfabe reason.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Every dumb booking thing explained over the past year: herp derp best for business

It's the laziest loving poo poo.

Also: predictable list except Charlotte/Natalya being so high. I didn't think it was better than most of that list.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 18, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Blasmeister posted:

As much as we complain about WWE right now, there have been so many great matches this year

I think that's a lot of the pessimism. Some of the guys who put on those matches are either being misused or are injured.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Few news bits from PWInsider:

• The Big Gold Belt is supposed to be retired now
  • All new belts after Summerslam with new logo.
  • Ricky Steamboat is done with WWE (he was a road agent)

New belts tells me that there's a strong possibility those midcard belts are being unified. An easy scenario I came up with would be to have Cesaro win the IC and then he can face Sheamus to unify them at Summerslam.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

DukeofCA posted:

What is that face Ryder is making?

I must poop but cannot

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

RBX posted:

I like this a lot. Especially since WM wasn't the usual "reset everything".

I mean, for me, it's simple as poo poo. Have Cesaro last eliminate Sheamus, feud goes to Summerslam to unify the two midcard titles. Not that the titles mean anything, but it is one less title for them to make when they're already in cost cutting mode.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Valeyard peeing himself itt

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Jerusalem posted:

Well even though he's not on the cover I'm assuming the Cena/Punk matches MUST be on this, right? Because how could Cena's best matches ever not be?

Yeah, the listing has Punk.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
[strike]the[/strike] demon kane

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

rovert posted:

WWE's #1 Translator Funaki with Kenta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bElFGugdbA8

I first read that as Kane and was very confused.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I don't actively hate the product, I just have apathy for most of it.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Meltzer on the show in seconds: http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/listen/

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Professor Funk posted:

Daniel Bryan is dead, sorry dude

:smith:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Meltzer believes Heyman and Cesaro has been quietly dropped with no angle, no explanation. So there you go, it was a way to keep Lesnar in your mind and that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Luneshot posted:

Okay, question. People in the Battleground thread kept linking different stuff like this:

I assume they were from some lovely site- is there a link somewhere that I missed?

http://allwrestlingsuperstars.com

• Locked thread