Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Israel agrees to the ceasefire.

Press Enter to move on to the next turn.

Israel breaks ceasefire.

Israel = Those really annoying Civilization AIs that keep breaking treaties, except with the one AI player that could kick your rear end which jumps in the second you argue with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

The Droid posted:

who will they bomb during election years then? people who are able to fight back?

ummm o

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

The Brown Menace posted:

i'm starting to get suspicious

maybe israelis and palestinians settled this poo poo ages ago and have become bros but just put on re-runs of earlier conflicts so various countries keep sending aid

oh well i guess i mean the explosion parts are re-runs of poo poo from cast iron and such, but the bits in between like netanyahu and abbas saying poo poo is basically pro-wrestling fake and they laugh it up in the locker room afterwards and then some fat saudi terror financier or zionist lobbyist dude stands up and goes "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME GODDAMNIT" while sobbing

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Brown Menace posted:

i'm starting to get suspicious

maybe israelis and palestinians settled this poo poo ages ago and have become bros but just put on re-runs of earlier conflicts so various countries keep sending aid

Given Israel keeps trolling any aid sent to the Palestinians, I'd figure they aren't involved at least!

Anyone remember the live cast of the Flotilla filled with unarmed civilians getting hit by commandos for delivering school supplies?

ED: I still hate how people in general associate Israel's government with the whole Jewish people, it's loving ridiculous. Their government is total poo poo, but I wouldn't be surprised if the US likes it that way and even encourages it to keep the middle east destabilized. Do you have any idea how fast this whole stand off would end if the US stepped in and said "You either end it, or we cut off all your military hardware?" Conflict would be over in a week.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 15, 2014

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

instead of another palestine thread can we talk about isis again

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Davincie posted:

isis is cool but not much going on there except now we got footage of al-baghdadi and apparently he likes expensive watches

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

The Brown Menace posted:

isis is cool but not much going on there except now we got footage of al-baghdadi and apparently he likes expensive watches

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

abu-mackr al-swaghdaddi

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Davincie posted:

no , more or less clear sided things make goons uncomfortable because they like to believe the whole world is kind of like isreal and hamas so they can squint during conversations and bitch then go "... heh" whenever they hear something

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
Ceasefire
Random Palestinian terrorists (maybe/probably Hamas-supported) start firing a ton of crappy rockets into Israel or maybe behead some teenagers.
Holy poo poo, the Palestinians have like a bazillion rockets, but they're not very good at hurting people
Israel waits a week or two before retaliating with missiles that work.
Hamas stations rocket launchers as close as possible to civilians.
Israel destroys rocket launchers and kills a bunch of Palestinian kids in the process.
Internet/World blames Israel.
Everyone loses.
Palestine especially loses.

So nobody really cares when Palestinians fire a bazillion rockets at Israel because they keep missing or being shot down. Fair enough. It's hardly news when foreign people fail to kill other foreign people.
But from Israel's standpoint, should they say that it's alright to fire crappy rockets at its citizens and just ignore them? Or should it do something about it?

oh poo poo I forgot to say something funny

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Nameless_Steve posted:

But from Israel's standpoint, should they say that it's alright to fire crappy rockets at its citizens and just ignore them? Or should it do something about it?

If they stopped building settlements closer and closer to the rocket fire, knocking down Palestine buildings and stealing to make room for Jewish settlements, starving children for fun, stop purposefully and intentionally targetting civilians using chemical weapons and other manner of war crimes.

Oh wait, that means the terrorist organization is less evil the government attacking it, lol.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
can israel just bulldoze al-aqsa to start the third intifada its been nearly 10 years since the last one

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
use tape to divide everything in half

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

how come israel doesn't play in the World Cup

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Nameless_Steve posted:

Ceasefire
Random Palestinian terrorists (maybe/probably Hamas-supported) start firing a ton of crappy rockets into Israel or maybe behead some teenagers.
Holy poo poo, the Palestinians have like a bazillion rockets, but they're not very good at hurting people
Israel waits a week or two before retaliating with missiles that work.
Hamas stations rocket launchers as close as possible to civilians.
Israel destroys rocket launchers and kills a bunch of Palestinian kids in the process.
Internet/World blames Israel.
Everyone loses.
Palestine especially loses.

So nobody really cares when Palestinians fire a bazillion rockets at Israel because they keep missing or being shot down. Fair enough. It's hardly news when foreign people fail to kill other foreign people.

oh poo poo I forgot to say something funny

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

abu-mackr al-swaghdaddi

Oww, I still can't believe you got me this watch!
This motherfucker is the exact motherfucker I wanted!
Even with the bezel! This is the motherfucker I wanted!
I saw this poo poo, I saw it, al-Zarqawi had this poo poo on in The Source!
I remember, Zarqawi had this motherfucker on in The Source!
That's right, that's right! Yo yo babe, yo yo this is the best birthday ever!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Listen, you fuckers, Israel is settling lands in the West Bank and Gaza that it has no right to settle in clear violation of international law and treaty.

This after the Allies established Israel as a state post WW2 and just kicked the Palestinians living there the gently caress out.

So yeah whatever if they get some lovely rockets coming over the border every once in a while that's the price you pay for your apartheid state.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

1gnoirents posted:

whoa how about this, they aint gonna stop firing rockets for some reason , isreal aint gonna stop blowing them up

isreal is probably capable of wiping them all out where as hamas probably isnt capable of the opposite

so why doesnt isreal literally just kill every single one of them and thenthere wont be any more problems

this IMO

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Neurolimal posted:

tbh the last gassed israel thread was p chill outside of spikes where people would lol at the 3 israelgulars, it was kind of out of nowhere when soccer player clutched his pearls and gassed it (tho apparently Twee as gently caress was reporting people like mad and bitching in QCS so that may have helped)

oh wow yes israel can be glad of only 84 rockets from gazan terrorists in july of 08 :rolleyes:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

man did you have to edit your post to say "Listen you fuckers" instead?

like what angle were you trying to play there. did you want to come off as mad? Because you took it too far imo

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Blazing Ownager posted:

Israel = Those really annoying Civilization AIs that keep breaking treaties, except with the one AI player that could kick your rear end which jumps in the second you argue with them.

Palestine is like a barbarian camp that annoys you with a bunch of 1/1 hatchet warriors now and then

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waSPsI9-ge8

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

the religion of peace

smh

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

the religion of peace

smh

that is an israeli bombing

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The Droid posted:

its another shoah is what it is

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

The Droid posted:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
it shoah is hot in here

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Bomb Palestine to ashes, than bomb the ashes, than bomb the bombs.

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

yah bby i'm on the brink mwah

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Listen, you fuckers, Israel is settling lands in the West Bank and Gaza that it has no right to settle in clear violation of international law and treaty.

This after the Allies established Israel as a state post WW2 and just kicked the Palestinians living there the gently caress out.

So yeah whatever if they get some lovely rockets coming over the border every once in a while that's the price you pay for your apartheid state.

*points skeleton finger at holocaust memorial while polka dirge plays*

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?

Gaunab posted:

use tape to divide everything in half

They should use grocery dividers.

Nobody messes with that boundary.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Al Cowens posted:

it shoah is hot in here

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
1948 was a really bad year.

1953 was worsr

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Have all the western nations come out yet to reaffirm their support of Israel? Seems to be something they do every single time Israel and Palestine start getting their hackles up, because god forbid you don't support Israel or someone might call you a nazi.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Have all the western nations come out yet to reaffirm their support of Israel? Seems to be something they do every single time Israel and Palestine start getting their hackles up, because god forbid you don't support Israel or someone might call you a nazi.

well you see

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

do u believe israel has a right to exist as a jewish state?

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Orkin Mang posted:

a lie we tell ourselves daily.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
it is super hosed up to keep a hostage urban population for the purposes of poking them with a stick and seeing how crazy you can make them, and it would be less hosed up i think if israel just liquidated gaza

because i mean lets be real here, "everyone does not end up dead" is not on the menu

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jul 16, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Orkin Mang posted:

Meh.

Just stop exchanging rocks and missiles with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

how come israel doesn't play in the World Cup

Interestingly enough, I just got finished reading a book about all the little bullshit teams that have to fight their way to the World Cup, and why in the world would a team who loses 12-0 every game keep coming back, etc.

Anyway, Israel doesn't have a team, but Palestine does. It's impossible for them to qualify since there's no way to know if Israel is going to let the players leave Palestine for away games, or just let some of them go, or if the other team will show up if the game's in Palestine.

• Locked thread