Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
http://rt.com/news/172728-egypt-israel-hamas-truce/

quote:

Breaking news

Egypt proposes ceasefire to Israel, Hamas

Egypt has launched an initiative to end the Israel-Gaza conflict by establishing a truce between the two sides which will start at 6 a.m. GMT on Tuesday. It will be followed by a 12-hour ceasefire, Egypt's state news agency reported.

The truce is to be followed by negotiations in Cairo in 48 hours which will be attended by both sides, according to AFP. Following this, Cairo has proposed the opening of border crossings and negotiations on the solution of the crisis.

The proposal is being discussed in the framework of the Arab League meeting of foreign ministers on Monday........

At least they're trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

quote:

In response to the Egyptian proposal, Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum said that his movement would not accept any truce that excludes the conditions of the Palestinian groups and people, as quoted by Israeli media.

Seeming as Israel doesn't count the Palestinians as people, I can see an impasse from the very beginning

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I think this whole conflict was manufactured to generate more hits on youtube

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Umiapik posted:

Another GBS Thread about Israel/palestine - this is gonna work

I threw in one about peace to balance out the war ones

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

The Taint Reaper posted:

Thread will be just like the IRL ceasefire agreement, they'll make it to page 3 before all hell breaks out and a gay soccer player intervenes and gasses everyone with atomic farts.

I sincerely hope not!

• Locked thread