Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
ban anyone with an anime avatar or sig

kony 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Daedra posted:

ban anyone with an anime avatar or sig

kony 2016

You sound like you could use some joviality in your life! Why don't you give And Yet the Town Turns a read! It loosely follows a bunch of characters in a small town(but mostly focuses on one particular airhead and the "maid cafe" she works at), and also happens to contains some of the most realistic kids I've seen in a manga. They just act exactly like kids do, it's great. Occasionally gets a little...out of this world, but the surrealness of the series is part of the charm. Very laid back, and can be extremely funny. Some of the mysteries are actually pretty clever.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Taima posted:

Ah ok I didn't even know it was more than a one-off someone showed it to me like a decade ago or more. Any recommendations sir?

if you liked how surreal cat soup was watch kaiba or mind game, if you want something a little bit more grounded (but not much) then maybe kemonozume or the tatami galaxy (if you only watch one, make it that)

he also did a sports anime just recently, appropriately titled Ping Pong. it's good but i never actually finished it!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
amine

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

----------------

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow
Anime is god.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Lowtax posted:

no anime is awful, ~~~FIN~~~

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
He's right. There is no such thing as an awful anime. None of it is awful.

----------------

Al Cowens fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 24, 2014

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
oh poo poo owned by insufficient punctuation

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Al Cowens posted:

He's right. There is no such thing as an awful anime. None of it is awful.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
For anime lovers this thread is going just according to keikaku.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Look all I want is no anime. You have your safe space subforum and nitecrew... why subject everyone else to it?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Bishop posted:

Look all I want is no anime. You have your safe space subforum and nitecrew... why subject everyone else to it?

because it's good for you, despite what the naysayers may believe

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

thank you to my excellent sigmaking friends

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
anime uh... is bad.. uh *big fart*

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The Wizard of Poz posted:

anime uh... is bad.. uh *big fart*

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

noo..

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

anime bad. anime likers raus.

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

if hitler was still around, bless his dear heart, he would be a gainst anime and the japanese in general i feel

edit: hitler knows wats up

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

anime belongs in the trash. anime likers belong in the grave. :twisted:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Yivgev posted:

anime belongs in the trash. anime likers belong in the grave. :twisted:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

anime club at my school was about 40% nerds, 60% chinese students and the two groups hardly interacted cause the chineses' english was crap. also all the chinese read manga scans on school computers constantly

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 24, 2014

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Yivgev posted:

anime bad. anime likers raus.

----------------

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bishop posted:

Locking yourself out of an entire medium because of preconceptions is totally uncool, by golly! Why don't you give Hinamatsuri a try! It's a series about a bumbling Yakuza who would be better suited to deskwork than roughing someone up. One day a weird egg-shaped object falls on his head that contains a young psychokinetic girl. Said girl is extremely powerful and also a lazy brat. Others start to appear as the series progresses and it's a pretty hilarious take on the "single dad" genre. Hitomi and Anzu are the best.

The Wizard of Poz posted:

if hitler was still around, bless his dear heart, he would be a gainst anime and the japanese in general i feel

edit: hitler knows wats up

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
last day of jr high our teacher said gently caress it and took us down to the movie room to watch ninja scroll

now look at me

Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!
honourable waifu ~~

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Nastyman posted:

last day of jr high our teacher said gently caress it and took us down to the movie room to watch ninja scroll

now look at me

My friend had me watch Ninja Scroll and some dude eats some chick's poison pussy and he dies. lol.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I dont expect embarrassment from the cartoon characters just the stunted manchildren that watch them

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Fisheye is hot and cooler than all the scouts

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
afro samurai was pretty cool except for the graphic sex scene they put in just so i can never actually show it to anyone

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
It was ironic you idiots.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hobohemian posted:

It was ironic you idiots.

youre ironic

Hobohemian