Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Uncle Wemus posted:

-everyone in congress

If only there was a way there to shut that whole process down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

JerryLee posted:

your av is on drugs so it would be rape no matter what

yeah my av shouldn't have been out using drugs and having a good time in the first place :argh:

stupid college student avs

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i clicked on this thred and now im rapist. thanks, op

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

lol at whoever made this thread about it being generally good to lend a sympathetic ear to someone claiming to have gone through something traumatic and assume good faith just cause they're probably telling the truth

"I know GBS reacts like Gollum to being asked to lend their precious sympathy to another human being every other time, but surely the case of the Tumblr gamer girl will give them pause!" - that guy

strong internet emotions, feels, caring, sympathy... kind of my thing

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
gbs is p bad

lowtax raped the forums

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Maoist Pussy posted:

Hmm, I feel differently on this issue, good sir.

loving goon.

A misanthrope posted:

yeah my av shouldn't have been out using drugs and having a good time in the first place :argh:

stupid college student avs

Exercise some responsibility you whore.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 17, 2014

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
According to internet feminists all sex is rape, and every girl will be raped. I wonder why no one cares about rape :iiam:

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
you could say I'm an extremely ironic person... btw here's the formal appeals process I need to commit to an opinion on a forum, wouldn't want to rush into anything hasty, heh

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Ok how does one take a anonymous facebook accusation of rape seriously when the allegedly raped party will not even submit the accusation to the scrutiny of the criminal justice system? Should we watch Max Temkin's for signs of being a rapist? What are the signs of being a rapist? Are we supposed to have a giant internet poll and decide if Max Temkin is a vile rapist? Maybe each and every one of us should just assume his guilt or innocence on how we feel at the time after a meditation on the mater. Maybe we should we dunk Max Temkin in a river for 5 minutes and if he doesn't drown he didn't rape anyone and if he dies well he was a rapist and we got him? Maybe we could do this to him until he admits to rape.

Please I'm all ears someone, anyone, tell me how you take an anonymous facebook accusation of rape seriously.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
What is it exactly that you want Filippo Corridoni? How is "Let's not ruin a man's life with no evidence or even a description of the crime" mutually exclusive with "If someone claims to have been raped, we should take that claim seriously". Would you rather this thread copied Jezebel or tumblr blogs and just went full on retard "We don't mean to harm his reputation and there's no evidence, but <multiparagraph rant where the guy is repeatedly referred to as a rapist>". Is that what you want to see?

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Like this:

"Whoa that sounds hosed up!"

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

4outof5 posted:

Ok how does one take a anonymous facebook accusation of rape seriously when the allegedly raped party will not even submit the accusation to the scrutiny of the criminal justice system? Should we watch Max Temkin's for signs of being a rapist? What are the signs of being a rapist? Are we supposed to have a giant internet poll and decide if Max Temkin is a vile rapist? Maybe each and every one of us should just assume his guilt or innocence on how we feel at the time after a meditation on the mater. Maybe we should we dunk Max Temkin in a river for 5 minutes and if he doesn't drown he didn't rape anyone and if he dies well he was a rapist and we got him? Maybe we could do this to him until he admits to rape.

Please I'm all ears someone, anyone, tell me how you take an anonymous facebook accusation of rape seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0

It's because people are afraid of being called a rape apologist.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

saigon_15 posted:

I say every bicyclist should take their little toy of the streets and run it round the playground where it belongs.

"I'm morbidly obese and need to ruin the earth with my two ton steel death machine to experience any semblance of self-worth"

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
in the real world rape is trivial but online rape is sacrosanct.. makes ya think

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Cards Against Humanity was cool when you played it with friends who you knew were joking around, but it just takes one truly awful person who is actually filled with hate and it ruins the fun of the game.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Filippo Corridoni posted:

Oops wait nevermind lol this bitch lied from the beginning.

Well, I still think that even if its just a random idiot on the internet accusing a guy of rape on the internet we should listen to her first.

I completely agree with you that the vast majority of people would never have a reason to lie about something like rape, establishing a precedent where baseless rape slander is cool because it's the lesser of two evils is still probably bad

My cool anecdote: Had an acquaintance in college that lied a lot and was probably mentally ill, filed a lot of complaints on a regular basis with student affairs about really extreme harassment claims, seemingly impossible scenarios where Karate Kid villains were chasing her around at night etc.

Ended up in a writing class with her where she claimed the professor and a bunch of students ganged up on her during a critique session and made fun of her, had to come forward and make statements saying that I was there and could confirm firsthand that none of it happened. Made it a point to distance myself from her after that and last I heard she was in new classes doing the same thing, filing complaints against professors/classmates and claiming persecution

Long story short she's also accused multiple people of rape (via tumblr/social media and not with the police) and it's weird seeing the consensus from strangers always just be "nobody would ever lie about something like that" whilst an increasingly waning group of friends rallies behind every new claim she makes without ever questioning it

I guess what I'm saying is that people who lie about really severe poo poo are an uncomfortable reality and supporting heinous criminal accusations without due process/criminal procedure is a really double edged sword

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
You got rich/famous and someone from 10 years ago suddenly accuses you of something? Shut the gently caress up and lawyer up.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I completely agree with you that the vast majority of people would never have a reason to lie about something like rape, establishing a precedent where baseless rape slander is cool because it's the lesser of two evils is still probably bad

My cool anecdote: Had an acquaintance in college that lied a lot and was probably mentally ill, filed a lot of complaints on a regular basis with student affairs about really extreme harassment claims, seemingly impossible scenarios where Karate Kid villains were chasing her around at night etc.

Ended up in a writing class with her where she claimed the professor and a bunch of students ganged up on her during a critique session and made fun of her, had to come forward and make statements saying that I was there and could confirm firsthand that none of it happened. Made it a point to distance myself from her after that and last I heard she was in new classes doing the same thing, filing complaints against professors/classmates and claiming persecution

Long story short she's also accused multiple people of rape (via tumblr/social media and not with the police) and it's weird seeing the consensus from strangers always just be "nobody would ever lie about something like that" whilst an increasingly waning group of friends rallies behind every new claim she makes without ever questioning it

I guess what I'm saying is that people who lie about really severe poo poo are an uncomfortable reality and supporting heinous criminal accusations without due process/criminal procedure is a really double edged sword

post her tumblr

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I was raped once. It wasn't that big of a deal.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

What is it exactly that you want Filippo Corridoni? How is "Let's not ruin a man's life with no evidence or even a description of the crime" mutually exclusive with "If someone claims to have been raped, we should take that claim seriously". Would you rather this thread copied Jezebel or tumblr blogs and just went full on retard "We don't mean to harm his reputation and there's no evidence, but <multiparagraph rant where the guy is repeatedly referred to as a rapist>". Is that what you want to see?

dont you realise rape HAPPENS and is a REAL PROBLEM

- flippy c.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Imagine its way more worrying to be killed and raped, than just raped, but thats just my feeling

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
IDK dead people usually look pretty relaxed to me

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I like how everyone throwing out statistics on false rape accusations don't know the difference between statistics and probability.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

If we've learned one thing from this thread: Rape Is p.cool

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Don Tacorleone posted:

If we've learned one thing from this thread: Rape Is p.cool

Never Rape

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Alone?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

I've always enjoyed playing this game, it's a shame the creator is a rapist.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Every man is a rapist unless he exclusively has sex with other men in the same social influence bracket.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
theres literally no reason to not rape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
just do it

- Nike, rapist

• Locked thread