Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

mr.capps posted:

that is all of gawker

look at all of your favorite emoji logos as if they were a subway map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?
You loving goons. If someone cries "rape" LISTEN. WHY would she lie about this?

edit:
Oh right, feminist conspiracy that makes perfect sense. I'm sure this guy doesn't have any skeletons in his closet.

Filippo Corridoni fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 16, 2014

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

look at all of your favorite emoji logos as if they were a subway map

👩👌🚈👈👱

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Can we all agree that Jezebel Dot Com is a festering pool of stupid righteousness, click-bait and defamation that should be held to the highest levels of contempt?

yes

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Filippo Corridoni posted:

Why would somebody lie on the internet?

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Can we all agree that Jezebel Dot Com is a festering pool of stupid righteousness, click-bait and defamation that should be held to the highest levels of contempt?

No.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

I could think of a few reasons, but that tends to get you called a lot of bad names, and I've no evidence either way.

Zassiliss
May 31, 2011

the cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea

edit:
Oh right, feminist conspiracy that makes perfect sense. I'm sure this guy doesn't have any skeletons in his closet.

you raped me

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

Sekkira posted:

Why would somebody lie on the internet?

I can personally attest to the fact that rape is EVERYWHERE. There are a LOT of men who don't know or care about consent. Too many women i know had some poo poo tried on them or done to them by various loving men throughout the years. I think rape culture exists because i've seen it.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

solovyov posted:

I don't think she's shared any details but it could be something as simple as him sticking his hands down her pants, her saying stop, and him stopping. It's possible for her to feel violated by that without him feeling like he'd done something wrong. A different woman dealing with the same circumstances might not feel violated at all because he stopped when she asked him to. People have different boundaries.

Gonna play devil's advocate real quick. If he sticks his hands down her pants, and she says "no, stop." and he does... I mean, isn't that what we're all going for here? Like, self responsibility? I asked you to stop and you did, so that's a good thing?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i read some dumb fuckin article on jezebel recently that discredited them for me but now i cant recall what the article was, so perhaps they're still credible.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Gonna play devil's advocate real quick. If he sticks his hands down her pants, and she says "no, stop." and he does... I mean, isn't that what we're all going for here? Like, self responsibility? I asked you to stop and you did, so that's a good thing?

It's a good thing in that you did what you were supposed to at that moment. You're not gonna get a medal for it or anything but I appreciate the fact that you didn't molest me.

e: oh yeah, I misread what you are saying. Yeah if that is actually what happened then she doesn't really have the grounds to cry "rape." But we have no idea what happened, and like I mentioned earlier, I've seen crazier poo poo happen from self-professed feminists, so... let the courts decide, I guess.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I can personally attest to the fact that rape is EVERYWHERE. There are a LOT of men who don't know or care about consent. Too many women i know had some poo poo tried on them or done to them by various loving men throughout the years. I think rape culture exists because i've seen it.

I completely agree. The problem is I'd rather not condemn somebody as a rapist just because somebody said they were. In the same way, I'm not going to assume the accuser is lying either. I think if an accusation of rape is made, it should be taken into consideration seriously and carefully rather than a kneejerk reaction of victim blaming or condemnation of the accused.

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
everyone who has posted in this thread raped me. you all got together and held me down and kept putting horrible posts in my eyes even as i begged you to stop.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Pirate Jet posted:

It's a good thing in that you did what you were supposed to at that moment. You're not gonna get a medal for it or anything but I appreciate the fact that you didn't molest me.

e: oh yeah, I misread what you are saying. Yeah if that is actually what happened then she doesn't really have the grounds to cry "rape." But we have no idea what happened, and like I mentioned earlier, I've seen crazier poo poo happen from self-professed feminists, so... let the courts decide, I guess.

Yeah, I didn't think that that's actually what had happened either just saying like, if someone asks you stop, you should. I don't think you should get a medal for being a decent human to other humans and respecting their wishes either lol

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Business Octopus posted:

everyone who has posted in this thread raped me. you all got together and held me down and kept putting horrible posts in my eyes even as i begged you to stop.

And then there's this fucker.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

edit:

But we did listen and she didn't say what happened just he did also he's a big manipulative jerk check out my blog I mean him (the rapist) no harm

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fame Douglas posted:

automobidiots

really

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

edit:

because declaring someone to be that much of a piece of poo poo (and thus worthy of ostracization) based on hearsay is a stupid lovely precedent?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Uncle Wemus posted:

But we did listen and she didn't say what happened just he did also he's a big manipulative jerk check out my blog I mean him (the rapist) no harm

WHY WONT YOU JUST AGREE WITH ME YOU loving GOONS

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
im looking for tips like is a con a better venue for my rape, or an elevator, or maybe just in passing as i'm walking somewhere?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Chemically castrate goons

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Widestancer posted:

Chemically castrate goons

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

you wont hear any complaints from me. you can take the twig and the berries too for all i care

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

edit:

Assuming nobody is outright lying, two people can remember things differently. Combine that with lovely memory and lack of communication (what happened at the very least here) and you can get your story Rashomon'd to high heaven. This memory poo poo comes up all the time in plagiarism lawsuits.

Oliver Sacks wrote about one of his most vivid childhood memories of the London Blitz during WWII, only to find out 50 years later than he was never in London then, but read about that experience in a letter his brother sent.

David Copperfield fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 16, 2014

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Quote is not edit and I am ashamed.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

I say every bicyclist should take their little toy of the streets and run it round the playground where it belongs.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

TerminalSaint posted:

The great thing about being a cyclist is that you can pretend to be a pedestrian, a motor vehicle, or neither depending on what's most convenient at the time. You can also get angry/indignant at pedestrians and motor vehicles for not bending to your every whim.

yes a cyclist is neither a pedestrian or a motor vehicle

you are a GENIUS

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Transportailures

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm horned up about TrapCab the mobile phone app that arranges your ride and assault at the same time

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo! I've been accused of sexual assault! This is serious.

Dear Blog,

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Internet males

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

Business Octopus posted:

Remind me what color underwear you were wearing at the time.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

butplug accident posted:

Internet males

M'lady

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Im doing a rape. Im raping right now

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
http://feminist-armchair-regime.blogspot.com/2014/07/statistics-vs-lived-experiences-for.html

quote:

While attending Goucher College Max Tempkin raped a freshman during her first few weeks on campus[2]. Besides a couple of people disliking him, calling him a "Tentacle Monster" and refusing to play Cards Against Humanity he never faced any repercussions. In fact Max eventually became a member of Goucher College's J-board, a group of students, staff, and professors who sit in judgement of student "misconduct" which does include allegations of rape, sexual assault, harassment, and stalking. He has gone on to be lauded as a success story for Goucher

[2.] some poo poo i heard / made up

lmao at the rush to be as incendiary as possible in the feminist retard zone of the 'blogosphere'

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
Max "Tentacle Monster" Goucher, a rapist I heard of.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

that lady spends alot of her time thinking about sexual violence and making up scenarios to do with it

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
the new matchmaking app Slendr is bringing some exicting new possibilities to the world of casual hookups. View local matches from your area who are horny studs and hot girls and if you swipe right it "pokes" them. If you swipe left all connected users receive a picture of your rear end in a top hat and an exact GPS location. You never know what will happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
Name: "Feminist Armchair Regime"

Status: "I grew up in a rape culture and even though I was never raped, I don't think I (or any other victim/survivor) will ever fully recover until our culture recovers from its damaging ideas about rape and attitudes to victims/survivors."

• Locked thread