Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I think the problem with CAH is that every time I play it the actual funny card combinations get swept aside for the ones that are "ecks dee so randum," which kills the entire longevity of it. Every time I play with people who play it for the first time, like clockwork, stuff like "David Bowie riding a tiger made of lightning" will win out over cards that actually make sense and tell a darkly comedic joke. But then we'll play again, and they see the David Bowie card again, but this time it's not funny. I feel like the game would be ten times better if they got those ridiculously verbose cards out of the deck.

Oh, the Temkin thing? I don't know, I don't think he did it, but I have seen crazier poo poo from people who call themselves feminists.

Alberto Basalm posted:

the guy who made CAH is a Social Justice Warrior afaik

You're way oversimplifying it.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Gonna play devil's advocate real quick. If he sticks his hands down her pants, and she says "no, stop." and he does... I mean, isn't that what we're all going for here? Like, self responsibility? I asked you to stop and you did, so that's a good thing?

It's a good thing in that you did what you were supposed to at that moment. You're not gonna get a medal for it or anything but I appreciate the fact that you didn't molest me.

e: oh yeah, I misread what you are saying. Yeah if that is actually what happened then she doesn't really have the grounds to cry "rape." But we have no idea what happened, and like I mentioned earlier, I've seen crazier poo poo happen from self-professed feminists, so... let the courts decide, I guess.

• Locked thread