Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Quinch posted:

The The hand cannons were around the same damage but because the recoil was fairly high you couldn't fire them at their listed rate of fire accurately enough so I'm not sure what their purpose was.

To look baller.

:clint:

Withdrawal is right. I've been on a complete Destiny blackout since the Alpha ended. I've been working through my backlog and when I'd start thinking about it the game I was playing just seemed less fun. That wait after beta is done is gonna suuuuuuuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Snackpack Backpack posted:

New pictures of the Playstation exclusive content. https://imgur.com/a/TlUCE
The detail on the handgun looks badass.

Dat hand cannon :gizz:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Man, I took a break and decided to play some BF4 earlier and lasted about 10 minutes before I said "gently caress this" and went back to running Devil's Lair.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

FishBulb posted:

Nobody replied to my thread about Vita remote play controls. I have a feeling nobody from Bungir is going to care. So sad. Very sad. Emotional.

What was the question/concern? The remote play controls are done really well and I've done everything but pvp without too much hassle.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

FishBulb posted:

They're very good but I get a lot of errant touches on the screen which throw grenades or melee when I don't want them to. I could use a little bit of a dead zone near the edges or something.

Do you use any kind of grip? I have the CTA Digital one and like it a lot and it keeps my fingers away from the screen.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

FishBulb posted:

No just a stock vita 1000. Grips seem weird I dunno I'm against them.

I have to play with a grip. My pinkies start going numb after about 30 minutes otherwise. Maybe I hold the vita wrong or something but it's night and day for me.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

neetengie posted:

I just wanted to know what it dropped from so I could probably farm for it. Although cashing in glimmer for engrams might be better.

Quickest way for me was running the last story mission in level 8 mode. If you have a good weapon you can knock it out in 10 minutes. Otherwise, running the strike mission on level 8 will get you two guaranteed green drops when you complete it, and I think it's always a weapon and a piece of armor. Plus you'll get a lot of drops from trash.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

PantsBandit posted:

What are everyone's thoughts on the grenades in PvP? I'm a big fan of the vortex grenade. I never get tired of seeing people try to run through that poo poo and going from full health to dead in seconds. Plus it looks really cool :catdrugs:

I like the titan's pulse grenade. It doesn't have the stun utility like flashbang, but with the extended duration and 100% cooldown decrease from gear you never have to wait long to be doing damage with it. I got a scout rifle that decreases grenade cooldown when you get kills but I didn't get a chance to try it out much.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Random thoughts, but it's kind of funny to me that if you break all the elements of the game down into a bullet-point list, nothing sounds really interesting or original but the entire package is so well put together that it's awesome in a way that's hard for me to describe to people who don't know much about it. Anyone else have that problem?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Just realized I have almost 4 weeks of vacation. Guess I'll be poopsocking the first week of release. :getin:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

BastardySkull posted:

What's currently the best way to farm for green primary weapons and chest pieces and stuff? Just kill poo poo in Explore or do Devils Lair?

Run the last story mission on level 8 mode.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

a cop posted:

Do you get a guaranteed green weapon from that?

Nah, but it's super quick once you know how to handle everything. I think you'll get a white level 8 piece of gear at the very least.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

PantsBandit posted:

It's looking like the primary weapons at the moment are 1: Auto rifle 2: Scout rifle 3: Fusion rifle 4: Pulse rifle/hand cannon.

Seconding this. I can rock 20+ kills no problem using an assault rifle but my lethality loving plummets otherwise. Hopefully higher level guns with more mods will balance out because despite its many glaring weaknesses I love using hand cannons.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Shooting the blue plasma cannon off the walker completely trivializes the fight so do that if your teammates suck. It takes a little bit though.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ularg posted:

I spent 46hours during this beta. :stare:

drat, I had 35 and I have no idea how. It seriously felt like maybe half that. This game makes me scared for my health and marriage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

PantsBandit posted:

I'm guessing you did not have an xbox back in the Halo/Halo 2 days? We're all just trying to catch lightning in a bottle again.

Man, the closest I ever probably came to actual game-exhaustion death was when Halo 2 came out. Buddy brought his Xbox over and we played probably a good 5-6 hours. He'd also just picked up the first Splinter Cell game that had the spies vs. mercenaries mode (Pandora Tomorrow maybe) of which I'd already finished the campaign but wanted to check out the multiplayer. We ended up playing it for 16 straight hours. I don't think I ever even touched Halo 2 mp again after that.

• Locked thread