Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress it, dorf me. I'm willing to be a bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##confirm

Dr. Hurt posted:

Whoops here's some elephants. Whoops here's some more elephants. Who ordered all of these elephants????

What's wrong with having some caged elephants? I mean sure if you order too many you could run into problems.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Why is someone called the hammerer if they're not hammering? Bullshit imo

It could be an adamantine hammer, that'd explain why it's just a doublevote instead of a dayvig. Things are like styrofoam.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Opopanax posted:

I like Kumba :forkbomb:

I like Opop?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

get off my man

no

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Juanito posted:

There is no easy way to see postcounts now, unfortunately.

Huh, you're right. Weird.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Also dumbo you're both voting on each other so in the event you're both scum, you're busing (it's unlikely). One of you is probably scum though, whereas Fry just seems mad, but you seem mad + using fake reasoning. Most notably the use of a narrative hypothetical that involves the use of "OMGUS"

I agree that at least one of them is likely to be scum. The whole thing feels overblown, especially for day one, I agree with you there. However I really don't like Fry's response to the "joke" vote case. Fry definitely has enough experience to know that "joke" votes are things that scum does, and to respond with that much emotion feels really forced.

Plus, 3E is putting pressure on people, which is a mark in their favor.

##vote Fry

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

yuming posted:

The two: Fry or 3E.

Rascyc's <either or> seems genuine.

AC, however, seems like he's latching onto something he doesn't understand. I'm still considering Fry, but this is worth a vote imo.

##vote apostateCourier

It's pretty easy to understand. They're both overreacting in really suspicious ways, but 3E is scumhunting. Pretty simple decision.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Philip J. Fry posted:

Such. A. Bandwagon.

Just nothing but a bandwagon. and this is his first real post this game. Super scummy, just echos everyone else's concerns and avoids giving an opinion on anyone else in the game by riding the vote leader. Will consider moving to him instead depending on the rest of the day.

Alternate interpretation, the case on you is the strongest, so I'm voting for you. You and 3E were at 3 each at the time, IIRC.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Philip J. Fry posted:

Alright I'm doing this now so we have the chance to lynch someone else. 

I'm Tanner and because of my armor I'm a 1-shot BP.

This was why I was so frustrated early on. I knew that I'd never actually end up going down today, but I hated the fact that lynching me would virtually be a no-lynch and that it'd be pretty much entirely my fault.

Why claim BP this far from hammer? You've all but guaranteed that it won't get used now, if you actually are BP.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah Jefepato is scum. Can someone explain the AC and Hal stuff to me?

i want to slay Capps but my spirit is gone since Meds died before I could kill him. I just don't have it in me right now.

I think it's mostly due to my inactivity. I fell down some stairs yesterday, and immediately fell down another set, which hampered my ability to post somewhat. As for Hal I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet and won't until the morning so I can't give you my take just now.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Poison Mushroom, the Opop link in the player list goes to pokemafia.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Also I'm mostly okay, so go ahead and laugh at my clumsiness.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I've been super busy today and I do feel bad about that, let me just copypaste a text file I started to put together but didn't have time to finish

partial readlist from earlier today posted:

BN- Don't like the "I like my role" post but not much to go on otherwise
CPig- Exists for spite, don't like the vt claim.
chaoslord- not enough to go on
Hurt- likely town, poking and prodding at lots of people
Grandi- not much to go on, I don't like people other than yuming doing the yuming thing though
Hal-
Jefepato- confused newbie
Juanito- calling attention to people that aren't lynch leaders, null tell? What should this tell me?
Kumba-
capps-
Opop-
Fry- still think Fry is scum, isn't that dumb to not know what BP is
Rascyc-
Somber-
tearshed-
SoS-
TT-
yuming- The only thing that sticks out is her opening post where she claims "not wacky" but that's basically nothing, the rest is textbook yuming

Sorry I can't give you more than this right now. This is what I got when I started re-reading the thread, didn't get through the whole thing though. Real life is a thing. An alternate may be called for honestly.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

yuming posted:

It was enough of a stretch that when voting Fry AC shouldn't've been "yes obv one of them is scum!" It's a really narrow lens to filter your vote through.

It's why that vote reads fake to me~

What, this thing? I didn't say "obviously one of them is scum" I said that I thought one of them was likely to be scum based on the argument they were having, and that I thought it was more likely to be fry because 3E was the one who was actually scumhunting.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

Anyway Grandi is town cool beans

Wait, why is Grandi cleared?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote TT

That's a really weak reason to hard defend anyone.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I don't really have one, I just feel better about everyone else besides him. Part of it is lack of activity, but what little content he has isn't great either. The 'readlist' he posted only calls Fry scum and opts out of opinions on most of the other players.

I ran out of time. I have a life outside of internet mafia. S'why I was saying I may need an alternate.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I figured I should post what thoughts I had instead of just more nothing.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

dude, before right now you had 16 real posts over the course of the game, if you count one-word posts. I too have poo poo to do, but if you're gonna play then play.

The head injury didn't help anything either. I fully intend to play, and this lurker call-out is starting to get annoying. chaoslord is also post-deficient, if that's what you're basing your case on, and more egregiously so. Granted, he also has a drat good reason for not posting so drop the lurker angle please.

I find MEDS' call-out of Hal interesting. Not sure what else, but it's interesting, and "OTHER" aligned isn't quite the slam dunk case MEDS seems to think it was, but it's still something to think about.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

The point isn't that you're lurking, it's that it seems like at this point you are almost aggressively avoiding giving any actual opinions on other players. "Interesting" isn't an actual opinion, neither are "not enough to go on" or "calling attention to people that aren't lynch leaders, null tell?"

I am genuinely sorry that you hit your head! I am just trying to kill scum and I can't find a single point in your favor.

I have actual opinions down, you are cherry picking out areas where I'm not sure what to think.

Capps confuses me, but a double vote is probably a town thing and capps confusing me isn't new. Town.

I really don't like tearshed's defense of Fry, I'm convinced that Fry isn't dumb enough to not know what BP is. I also don't like his defense of TT- it looks like scum trying to build town cred by defending someone he knows isn't scum- right before the end of the day, too. Would definitely vote today.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I don't think my interpretation is at all unfair. You called fry scum and hopped on the TT turbowagon. Yeah, you're responding to pressure now and I think your point against tearshed makes sense, but I still would be happy to vote you.

Of course I jumped on the TT turbo wagon, his hard defenses of people were completely baseless, and his defense made no sense. Now we know he was dumb and not scum, but if the same pattern happened again you bet your rear end I'd vote for him again.

As for calling Fry scum, I think he's scum. I have said why. Why are you bringing that up alongside accusing me of bandwagoning?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

Right, but Betrayer didn't say I was scum (invasion) aligned, we dont even know what faction he was and he could easily just have been trying to discredit me.

Do you have a reason to vote me other than meds claim?

He didn't say noble aligned either. He got NK'd, and there has only been one NK per night. Barring shenanigans with a PGO or something like that, he was likely town.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Grandicap posted:

Hal has nothing to do with ghosts, ghosts are solely my doing. I don't know why Hal is attempting to claim ghostly things.
Also, only dwarves can be ghosts so I am confused by my role.
If ghosts can talk the next day, and are town aligned because they are dwarves, why would I ever make someone not a ghost.

I am an undertaker, I get to bury all people killed at the end of the night if I want to and they are dwarves. I was roleblocked N2 which is why we had ghosts last night.

I chose to not bury TT because I thought it was funny to let him rot. I did bury Rascyc. I don't really know what my role does, I haven't been told anything, but talking after you are dead seems like a good thing so I am going to stop burying people. Saying it outloud sounds like a bad idea, but only good things have happened. I thought exsanguinated people like Betrayer would be bad news if not buried, but that was shown to be not true because of the roleblock.

Let the corpses pile up!

Grandicap posted:

Also, I am onboard with a somber lynch.

##vote Sombebrero

???
"Hal lied here is my counterclaim"
"Let's vote Somber"

Grandi, what?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I recommend against this. Will claim later most likely.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Philip J. Fry posted:

Why are you saying these things are mutually exclusive? Haven't you said multiple times that scum can very easily claim noble and get a free ride off it?

I'm buying this aC lynch from what I've read so far but I have to go through today again before putting a vote down.

Don't know much about juan, will read when I can use an actual computer.

Lynching nobles is a good idea. Especially since people are proving reluctant to lynch nobles for some reason? If we manage to slap down a scum masquerading as a noble, even better.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I would definitely vote Hal. In fact, ##vote Hal

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Hey AC, do you want to claim? If you're gonna do it, now would be a good time.

Why would I claim when I'm this far from being lynched?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I like my vote where it is. I would switch to Somber if it came to that.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I will not be here for deadline and it looks like Hal's not happening. ##vote somber

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Okay that works ##vote hal

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

yeah it was a really stupid lynch but it was like a dozen minutes from deadline and it was clearly what was happening.

Why, exactly, was the Hal lynch stupid?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

To help the scum win because you are scum.

That- what? I mean, I know we didn't see the flip on BN, but there was only one kill that night.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Basically what I'm confused about is how you could get to that conclusion, Pig.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote Somber

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I don't know what your deal is, other than that you are ostensibly town, but I know that I am town and there is little reason to the contrary unless you are playing this game from inside of your butthole. An inverter is my best guess here because I have no clue otherwise, presuming you aren't lying for some reason.

AC is fine by me, waiting for a claim.

I have two votes on me. No. If you're going to make a mistake on me, fine, but don't drag information out of me before it's needed.

tearshed posted:

I think I'm going to admit defeat and say I believe BNs claim, at least. Still not sure about Somber. Nobody is opposed to an AC lynch and I think that's the better lynch regardless of Somber's true alignment.

##vote AC, like I posted that list and nobody said "nah AC is town". Can we agree here?

"derpdeder, the cop claim's legit but let me tell you why we should vote for someone else"
Alternately,
"Let's completely ignore this new information that I think is true so we can vote for this other guy"

tearshed posted:

Well Somber -did- claim Doc on D4, and now it's D5. Possible that the scum have a framer and used it last night on him.

My wincon is to eliminate threats to the fortress. I don't see Somber as a threat regardless of his two possible alignments. He is a) Town (probably the odd doc) or b) Other (but no proof of being a threat).

"Other" in this case meaning non-dwarf, look at

Big Nothing posted:

:ghost: How PM tied cop flavour into a game about dwarves. Only brewers can make beer, and obviously dwarves love beer so its easy to see if somebody is a dwarf or not by their reaction to :siren:free beer!:siren:. Once the brewer dies, the farmer is the only person that knows the lucrative secret to brewing the perfect dwarven stout! :ghost:

This post. "Other" just means "not dwarf." "Other" does not mean "benign third party," it means "not town." Bringing up your wincon is pointless- it's literally adding "I'm town" before "and this is what I think." It's a scummy thing to do. I also don't like the "NO PROOF OF BEING A THREAT" line.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

chaoslord posted:

All that said, Grandi why did you bury Somber?

Burying somber is weird to me, because somber specifically said for Grandi to bury people or things would suck. Any idea what he was freaking out about, Grandi?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

chaoslord posted:

I don't necessarily like giving the nobles a pass either but if there are 4 scum left then we have to lynch scum now. Even if it's 3 remaining, a non-scum lynch still cuts it down to 8 with 3 after NK. I just don't think we can afford to target non-scum and so the nobles for better or worse are untouchable right now. We have a chance to hit town but going after (for example) Science right now would definitely push us closer to LYLO whereas we at least have a chance of righting the ship by leaving the nobles alone.

I want to hear from Grandi. His conditional alignment claim has me on edge, as well as the seemingly random pattern of burying bodies.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

The Science of Suck posted:

I mostly agree so by process of elimination there are only a few players I would lynch today

##vote aC

Given how important today is I really think we should talk more before voting. Especially you, given that you essentially make whoever you vote for Hated. With you here and voting it could be lylo. If you specifically do not vote it can't be lylo, unless there was a scum team of 6+ which would be absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Well, if someone votes for you, it'd still possibly be lylo. You voting however puts a second vote on them automatically as far as scum would be concerned. With a team of 5 (well within the realm of possibility), there would be 4 scum votes available. Your two votes (hammerer automatically moves to hammer who you're voting on) plus 4 scum means it goes to the next day, where the four of them vote for you and suddenly the game's over. Please, PLEASE rethink your vote. At least unvote for now. I've seen too many games end early because someone voted super early in the day on lylo and right now you're the only one who's actually capable of that mistake.

• Locked thread