Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
im amused by the thinly veiled jealousy for people that spend a relatively tiny portion of their day improving their physique and health and literally improve every aspect of their life by justifying their sedentary life via:

1. giving examples of fringe idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I participate in leg day bcuz as a straight man I want a nice butt

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

1gnoirents posted:

im amused by the thinly veiled jealousy for people that spend a relatively tiny portion of their day improving their physique and health and literally improve every aspect of their life by justifying their sedentary life via:

i'm amused by your posting

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

oh wait, no i'm not

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Gym owns, muscles own, strength owns, girls squatting in yoga pants own. If you hate on gymming, chances are youre a loser lol

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

1gnoirents posted:

I like every taught buttock but yours

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
exercise is for jocks who are dumb

im fat/skinny and wear glasses so i am smart

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gyms are quite good but posting on a forum is better

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
exercise is pretty cool and is a great way to blow off steam after working. been lifting more, but cardio is still pretty fun. might try finding something else for cardio though, not just running

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Due to stress & busyness with my thesis, I haven't gone to the gym in like 2 weeks. Today I finally return in a few hours. I am not looking forward to tomorow's DOMs.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Fire Barrel posted:

exercise is pretty cool and is a great way to blow off steam after working. been lifting more, but cardio is still pretty fun. might try finding something else for cardio though, not just running

ride a bike on a bike path, not on the street. there are usually some quiet roads alongside canals that are great for cycling if you dont have bike paths (ie you dont live in holland, belgium or scandinavia)

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Peanut President posted:

oh wait, no i'm not

:3: yes you are , sorry im not gay though

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

newreply.php posted:

ride a bike on a bike path, not on the street. there are usually some quiet roads alongside canals that are great for cycling if you dont have bike paths (ie you dont live in holland, belgium or scandinavia)

been thinking about that, but don't have a bike anymore. bike paths near me aren't usually great, but lots of wildlife areas. once i get my grad stuff in order i'll have a bit more time and money to look into it. mainly been trying to supplement my current cardio with hiking. a few friends suggested boxing which seems kind of fun too.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Fire Barrel posted:

been thinking about that, but don't have a bike anymore. bike paths near me aren't usually great, but lots of wildlife areas. once i get my grad stuff in order i'll have a bit more time and money to look into it. mainly been trying to supplement my current cardio with hiking. a few friends suggested boxing which seems kind of fun too.

boxing is fun but i was guessing you were looking for stuff to do on non-lifting days. you will not have a good time if you go boxing the day after a few sets of bench presses. that's why i cycle because it doesnt really stress any joints or muscles, its p much the purest form of cardio

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

newreply.php posted:

boxing is fun but i was guessing you were looking for stuff to do on non-lifting days. you will not have a good time if you go boxing the day after a few sets of bench presses. that's why i cycle because it doesnt really stress any joints or muscles, its p much the purest form of cardio

yeah, that's what i was thinking too. i'll be more careful about planning my routine if/when i take up boxing, but biking seems to be a pretty easy thing to mix in. thanks for the suggestion

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
the thing about the gym is they dont let you smoke weed between sets

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

the thing about the gym is they dont let you smoke weed between sets

get a vape pen

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Has anyone posted yet that gyms are stupid & prison workouts are where it's at? If not, then that will be my post.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Chinatown posted:

if you are in a gym lifting so much loving weight you need a belt to prevent serious injury, you are one of two classifications:

1. A professional (paid or trying to be paid) athlete.

2. Complete loving tool/idiot that has long since lost the reason they "lift"/exercise.

human being alert

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
prison workouts pretty good if you use up all your motivation to exercise in the first place and don't have any left for actually leaving the house

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I was going to go with "if you are literally in prison" but whatever.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I was going to go with "if you are literally in prison" but whatever.

actually going to prison is the best way to get in shape. free gym and your meals are already pre-portioned for you!

plus a smorgasbord of butt sex

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my 65 year old dad rides like 15-30 miles on his bike every day and i am a fat retard who couldn't do ten.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm sweating like Aatrek at a children's party here bro, these curls are destroying my bis!

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

actually going to prison is the best way to get in shape. free gym and your meals are already pre-portioned for you!

plus a smorgasbord of butt sex

except prisons serve food with too little protein to build or even maintain muscle on purpose and cum dosnt have as much protein as gibbis believes.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
im having trouble building my lats, op
what should i do

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

unlimited shrimp posted:

what should i do

steroids

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

unlimited shrimp posted:

what should i do

huff and puff more bro! gotta huff and puff! drink your protein milkshake! let's HIT IT!

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Just got back from the gym, drinking my protein shake and I can already feel the disuse of the 2 weeks.

Aug 4, 2010

i dislocated my knee recently and cant go to the gym right now, stop making me feel bad

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

www posted:

i dislocated my knee recently and cant go to the gym right now, stop making me feel bad

Bout to go for a five mile walk. hth

(seriously though, I've done that a total of thirteen times, stay safe cartilage ghost.)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

www posted:

uh you can do one legged lifts and all non-leg exercises nut up you pussy

and if you want to do cardio (lol) just get a swim buoy

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
sometimes i just like to spot the roid users during my farmers walks. and then i do handstands around the people who showboat their yoga on the strech mats

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Gyms rule

exercise rules and is fun

The fats just dont get it

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

www posted:

Dude at my gym has tiny little stick legs from birth and is in a wheelchair, and he busts out mad dips and push-ups with three 45 pounds played on his back balancing on his arms the whole time.

You just a busta

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
sup bros

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
I went to the gym today and I hurt my trapezius :(

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Inevitable posted:

I went to the gym today and I hurt my trapezius :(

just suck it up brobro! no pain no gain!

warderenator
Nov 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm about to head to the gym I hope I don't have to wait too long for the bench

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Just got back from the gym. I can't stand those "Hey I'm using that bro!" guys who use like 3 pieces of equipment at once and expect you to know that.

• Locked thread