Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!

ilikedirt posted:

i dont go to the gym bc i own my own weights and i can swim and genuinly dont understand why niggas like hangin out in a room full of other sweaty niggas where u can smell that weird bleachy smell of there taint and gross smell of buttholes covered in sweat and im bi and all but thats ggross.

and then theres otger goon itt talking about staring at girls in yoga pants like bruh u go to the gym to creep on gitls? lmao how fuckin creepy and gross is that yall need jesus

everybody ive met that has held this opinion has this fear that everybody in the gym is watching them and only them and laughing at their fat rear end.

which is true, but it's a very beta attitude hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I think I do too much cardio

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ilikedirt is one of those guys who owns pink 5 lb dumbbells and thinks that using those to do a bunch of bicep curls counts as resistance training

Mao Mix
May 11, 2010

by Ion Helmet

naem posted:

I think I do too much cardio

i do cardio by cutting down rest periods and upping my reps you pussy

naem
May 29, 2011

I like Cairodio though it's fun

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Bacontotem posted:

Do some deadlifts you fat faggots.

Mao Mix
May 11, 2010

by Ion Helmet

naem posted:

I like Cairodio though it's fun

not everything has to hit your pleasure center instantly you fat loving hedonist

naem
May 29, 2011

Mao Mix posted:

not everything has to hit your pleasure center instantly you fat loving hedonist

I'm actually really lean and fit and I'm debating ordering a pizza

naem
May 29, 2011

Pizza you see is quite delishios and satisfying and also a good source ifet nutrition and also I will workout a ton all week and turn it into muscle mass on my otherwise lean frame, I give myself a solid 7 out of ten in overall bonerocity

Mao Mix
May 11, 2010

by Ion Helmet
you're fat on the inside imo

naem
May 29, 2011

Mao Mix posted:

you're fat on the inside imo

I am :(

Page Downfall
May 5, 2009
How old do I have to be before it's ok for me to just stand around naked in the men's changing room? Is 45 ok?

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
As someone who is overweight but nowhere near the fat I see people mention, I want to join a fitness class at 06:30-07:30 on Monday, but have low self confidence and am nervous about turning up on my own. Tell me to man the gently caress up and go please. Complete strangers on the internet may just make the difference. I am also quite drunk at the moment, if that helps.

Page Downfall
May 5, 2009

Doug Sisk posted:

As someone who is overweight but nowhere near the fat I see people mention, I want to join a fitness class at 06:30-07:30 on Monday, but have low self confidence and am nervous about turning up on my own. Tell me to man the gently caress up and go please. Complete strangers on the internet may just make the difference. I am also quite drunk at the moment, if that helps.

You're hosed, sorry. Not fat enough for people to be "yeah, look at this guy, turning his life around", not fit enough to impress. People see your body and hardly even notice your average, overweight self.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

Page Downfall posted:

You're hosed, sorry. Not fat enough for people to be "yeah, look at this guy, turning his life around", not fit enough to impress. People see your body and hardly even notice your average, overweight self.

I hate you, cuntface. Even if you're a little right.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Doug Sisk posted:

Visit the fat thread. Then remove your mirror and just put the worst picture possible up there. When you wake up, you have to go or you have become that fat.

naem
May 29, 2011

The secret of exercise is its actually a lot of fun, first you are grunting and sweating and embarrassed but after awhile it starts to feel good and you can't get enough. Like sex. Which you might get to have some of if you exercise

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

ilikedirt posted:

its fine to look st girls and also guys but guess what if ur eyes bug out and you make a cartoon awooga sound as ur butt plug triggers a prostate orgasm every time u see a girl doin squats youre a gross nerd. if ur justification for goig to da gym is to look at butts(like you said) lol ur a hairy palmed sunken eyed sweaty prevert straight out of a dragnet episode

why do you type the way you do?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
the local gym near me has a freeweight section which is populated entirely by fit dudes grunting and groaning while listening to their ipods, its a pretty poo poo scene. Like this would be ok and I'm not in the gym to soclize but it feels like everyone is doing everything possible to not have to speak to another human being while working out

warderenator
Nov 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Just in case some of you haven't seen this yet, this video by CT Fletcher explains everything you need to know about the gym:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-bhwC3qz_Q

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gym is family time.

Bring the wife and kids!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

i unironically enjoy working out

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

why do you type the way you do?

gbs 1.4 bithc

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

jneer posted:

everybody ive met that has held this opinion has this fear that everybody in the gym is watching them and only them and laughing at their fat rear end.

which is true, but it's a very beta attitude hth

I used to always get all :smug: looking at the swole dudes having problems doing fifty pounds on the exercising machines at my gym.

Until I finally ventured into the place where they usually hung out - you know, with the actual weights for actual weightlifting (i just began the SS regimen from YLLS). I feel like such a goony amateur since squats with the iron bar alone was kicking my rear end.

Goons: being better than John P. Beefcake at the shoulder lift machine does not mean that you could take on his goddam regimen at all. He's buff for a reason.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Doug Sisk posted:

no one cares, or if they do, you are forgotten when someone starts their next set and the only thing they are thinking about is getting to 8 or 10.

unless you do something stupid to attract attention to yourself like eat doughnuts on the treadmill, no one cares.

the only thing i remember after my yoga classes is some poses i need to work on and how often the teacher bends in front of my mat

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?
Also who here loves running? My goal is to one day run the six miles it takes to get to my gym instead of taking the bus. That'd be awesome.

Mao Mix
May 11, 2010

by Ion Helmet
Whenever I see fat people at the gym I assume they must be pretty chill as long as they look like they're putting effort into it instead of being anthropomorphic lard doing poor-form 2 lbs curls.

Howdges
Dec 29, 2012

Filippo Corridoni posted:

Also who here loves running? My goal is to one day run the six miles it takes to get to my gym instead of taking the bus. That'd be awesome.

I've gotten up to 4 miles, it's pretty fun running past all the people that are just walking. like walking down the block is gonna make you healthier.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fallows posted:

sup bro nice set

i really like that bicep peak you must be hittin them every other day right? you do supersets?

ive seen you lifting here before, you come on mon/wed/fri and every other saturday right? ya sounds about right any way see you around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibQKvjT_dKg

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

My calves are beautiful and turn heads in the gym and on the street.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

im out of tshape but i run on the treadmill its hard but i like it

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mao Mix posted:

Whenever I see fat people at the gym I assume they must be pretty chill as long as they look like they're putting effort into it instead of being anthropomorphic lard doing poor-form 2 lbs curls.
Sometimes giant fat gym people have a shitload of muscle hiding under the fat.
Which is why it's important never to tease them, they may be able to tear you in half.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Sup bro? Great calves bro, need a spot? *Stands uncomfortably close to your face before you can say no* yeah bro! blast these loving pecs of yours! You're a machine bro! *Lifts half of your weight* super awesome set bro! nice

naem
May 29, 2011

Filippo Corridoni posted:

Got really into running, got to the six mile mark. My knee hurt and switched to biking for a while.

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Bacontotem posted:

Do some deadlifts you fat faggots.

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

abigserve posted:

the local gym near me has a freeweight section which is populated entirely by fit dudes grunting and groaning while listening to their ipods, its a pretty poo poo scene. Like this would be ok and I'm not in the gym to soclize but it feels like everyone is doing everything possible to not have to speak to another human being while working out

u gay as hell the gym is for working out not to troll for twinks to blow you in the showrs

picking up chicks at the gym is super easy if you are ripped.

the gym rat bicycle will jump your dick guaranteed and it will be the best sex uve never had

the one with the midrifff cutoff wgirl who is at the gym everyday and is stronger and fitter than you?

fucks anyone with a sixpack

sorry for all you fat betas with tiny cuck balls

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

naem posted:

Got really into running, got to the six mile mark. My knee hurt and switched to biking for a while.

I hate running but I keep myself in reasonable running shape. Bicycle and roller blades do a lot more for me I feel. I can't skip doing cardio though. It's absolutely a key to keeping weight off for me.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
I just started the Stronglifts 5x5 program. Loving it. Already seeing solid results 2 weeks in.

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Doug Sisk posted:

i have mad experience at fatshaming bullying and cyberintimidation

let me help

i am inspired because you are responsible for hiking up mycinsurance premiums

you fat miserable tub of poo poo

whncwas the last time you saw ur own dick?

do women even look at you? ithink they do and you know they do because they recoil in disgust at the sight of you

how does it feel to occupy so much physical space and being so completely useless? you belong in the trash because you treat ur body like a trashbag

i cant blame you. literally 50% of americans belong in the trash with you.mfucking non stop gluttonous fat lords.

but guess what? if you lift a weight everyday for 1 hour for 6-8 months u will be above the rest you may even see a boob

if that cant motivate you the just kill urself now and save us the 30% insurance hike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Gym is family time.

Bring the wife and kids!

lil dude owns

• Locked thread