Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

I just saw this feat and I had to share: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/sacred-geometry

Look at it. Look at it and marvel at the glory of PF's designing skills.

If someone intended to use that in game, I'd change the casting time to 'skip this round, then work it out while everyone else plays out their turn'.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

Error 404 posted:

All I'm saying is tsukamaki all the excuses you want, but someday the billhook will come due.

Best post of the thread, right here.

But seriously, while you're in my house you're not going to Naganitar food

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

Quarex posted:

Is it a fatally bad idea to bring up RPGPundit and Zak S.?

All things considered

Yes

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

Sionak posted:

So what is best to do besides taking your ball and going home? Just try to keep talking about and calling out this stuff when it comes up? Right now it seems like the harassment minded people can focus their followers and hammer down the nails that stick up.

I mean, it's easy for me to say that I won't buy anything associated with D&D Next or Zak or the rest, but I really don't know how much of a difference that makes. I can try to pick up and praise stuff by the good ones, but that doesn't undo the crap that those people have to put up with.

This may seem a little preachy and conspiratorial, but my first thought is fighting fire with fire might work - I don't know too much about either Zak or Pundit, but it might be worth looking at what the two of them do that other publishers, those closer to our 'cause', shall we say, do not(besides varying forms of prejudice and smoking addiction).

By understanding this, we should hopefully be able to use this information to create new cults of personality unattached to the forums with devout followers, perhaps by pulling on and targeting unattended for audiences whom may be interested (for instance, how much material is targeted at color blind people or even color blind considerate while making mention of it?) and bring them into the hobby, teach them a completely different set of values.
While not directly going 'gently caress those guys over there!' but by teaching them to walk a different path, they will either not find them and be better off, or stumble upon things they say which they disagree with and develop a personal, rather than learned dislike, and influence people they get involved against the worse elements of the old ways.

In the end, I suppose the best you can do at this point is to produce your own material, and use it to lead people to the conclusions you want them to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Traditional Games game of the month for September: Wonderful 101

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it'd make a good title for November's thread.

• Locked thread