Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Watch Seasons 1 and 2 and Razor. The rest of it sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Decrepus posted:

It really came as a surprise to me when all that had happened before and will happen again.

It was ambiguous early on whether the show was supposed to be set in the distant past or distant future. I think the distant future would have been a far better choice. The ending with them destroying the ships and settling down with early humans was really, really dumb.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

spoiler alert: this is literally every serialized television show ever made

Except Breaking Bad. Which also happens to be the best show of all time. No suprises that having an overall direction for a show with a beginning, middle, and end results in a good show vs just making poo poo up as you go along like LOST or BSG.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 23, 2014

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

the show was super, super smug about telling you directly that yes, it did, IN FACT, have a super awesome clever airtight metaplot and oops welp yeah we couldn't come up with one sorry

"YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH"

"THEY HAVE A PLAN"

yadda yadda

I also remember something with an opera house that they kept hinting was supposed to be important or some kind of big reveal except it wasn't

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Caprica is basically unwatchable. You deserve some kind of prize if you can make it to the end of that show.

• Locked thread