Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

dontcareaboutname posted:

the contitution is based on Self governance by individuals. We got people who believe in the constitution since its technically the highest law in the land. Then you got people who think its just an old piece of paper that doesn't apply to modern times/reality. that's why you get one or the other.

guys i skimmed the federalist papers 100 times and im 126% convinced that the founders were anarcho-capitalists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

CommonTerry posted:

guys i skimmed the federalist papers 100 times and im 126% convinced that the founders were anarcho-capitalists

benegimin franklin had illigitament children in france, and further more I...............

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dontcareaboutname posted:

I just want to be allowed to drive a tank to work and buy whatever guns i want, so i support the constitution.

yeah. driving a tank to work would be cool

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

SpeedGem posted:

you can buy a tank anytime you want to, but it has to be yard art.

you don't GET freedom do you.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

yeah. driving a tank to work would be cool

but think of the gas milege on that, its gotta be poo poo

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Xaris posted:

but think of the gas milege on that, its gotta be poo poo

i only need to drive 6 miles round trip, it's just make the 2 miles of free way driving easier since i could just knock all the traffic out of the way.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
If you buy a tank, the rear armor is lovely, always.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

SpeedGem posted:

i can fix that with some scrap steel and a welding torch.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SpeedGem posted:

That's okay, he doesn't mind taking it up the rear.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CommonTerry posted:

basically history is a bunch of bs anyway because it's impossible to know exactly what happened/what people were thinking since people always use their dumb modern world views to muddle things up when writing about this poo poo that happened hundreds of years ago

what im saying is never learn from the past

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?
the passage of time is an illusion created by our consciousness

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
OP, you used "or." I'm most definitely both. So suk my fuk, bich

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
In the spirit of America I suggest voting 2, 3 or 4 on a thread be outlawed.

Not like anyone does it anyway.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
Working hard or hardly working?? hah hah...

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

loud or noisy

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Are you going to put the avatar of every Nite Crew member in your sig? Because that's kind of impressive.

Trustfund.
Feb 14, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm neither

Get money

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
white or poor

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Fat or gay

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Junkfist posted:

In the spirit of America I suggest voting 2, 3 or 4 on a thread be outlawed.

Not like anyone does it anyway.

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

cowboys and indians

naem
May 29, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwCOKAO8vYI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
they arent its just the ones you care to notice because you're lazy as hell

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
partially sincere self loathing is an unlisted feature that comes with owning a prius, or shopping somewhere that sells artisanal quinoa loaflets.

the angry dudes are angry because anyone can be driven insane if their view from the kitchen table every morning is a hog rendering plant and the smell forces its way into your house and gets into the milk and then your cheerios taste like pork viscera.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
a fad of self-immolation sweeping the nation could be the answer to society's woes; it's a solution that fits with both. self loathing? What better way to relieve your first world consumerist guilt by consuming yourself in a self-indulgent pyre. Angry? Why not go burn something, and what do you know the closest thing at hand is yourself so burn yourself inside your pickup truck with all its bumper stickers and pissing calvin decals

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Why Germans gotta be all hippy and poo poo? Get some backbone and man up with a real army, Germany.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
America rules you piece of poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

gently caress the ROW posted:

America rules you piece of poo poo

You talking to me?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

redshirt posted:

Why Germans gotta be all hippy and poo poo? Get some backbone and man up with a real army, Germany.
lol why for? in the past 20 years theyve peacefully gotten everything they wanted and 100 years ago thought they needed the largest land army in europe to get. bismarck is making GBS threads himself lauhging.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

lol why for? in the past 20 years theyve peacefully gotten everything they wanted and 100 years ago thought they needed the largest land army in europe to get. bismarck is making GBS threads himself lauhging.

EU is much more convenient than panzers for controlling a continent.

Even the whole single currency concept helps germany's export focused economy while hurting the poorer EU members who don't have manufactured goods to trade.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The EU is the new Holy Roman Empire.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like if bismarck wanted to ruin the italian economy, he'd probably have to do a bunch of tiresome poo poo with naval blockades and trade embargoes and blah blah blah boring w/e. now germany can just say, hey sell off your public utilities or there willb e Consequences.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

like if bismarck wanted to ruin the italian economy, he'd probably have to do a bunch of tiresome poo poo with naval blockades and trade embargoes and blah blah blah boring w/e. now germany can just say, hey sell off your public utilities or there willb e Consequences.

the selloff is also required to make sure German banks who made the high risk loans get paid on time.

Economic warfare ftw....

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I really like guns (I have 12 or so) and I also think we should have a national single payer system. What am I?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
to the extent the italians dont ruin their own economy anyway

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

American Hegemony is a beautiful thing.

I'm prepared to say "the most beautiful Empire to ever exist".

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Northern italy has a good german style export economy while the south has lots in common with the american one.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i thought italy was grafty as hell but maybe thats just good ol silvio "a literal time traveling roman patrician" berlusconi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
Chutes and ladders

• Locked thread