Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Is that he could have just donated it all to charity. What and idiot.

quote:

He may donate only 5% to charity and lose 5% by gambling.

:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The problem with Brewster's Millions is it had nothing to do with Punky Brewster.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Yaldabaoth posted:

The problem with Brewster's Millions is it had nothing to do with Punky Brewster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8pe1bkSbjw

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

he can't have assets left at the end or something

*smokes million dollar blunt*

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

quote:

Of course there's a catch! You have to spend the thirty million, but after thirty days you're not allowed to own any assets. No houses, no cars, no jewelry. Nothing but the clothes on your back! Now, you can hire anybody you want, but you have to get value for their services. You can donate five percent to charity and you can gamble another five percent away, but you can't give this money away, and that includes buying the Hope Diamond for some bimbo as a birthday present...You must not destroy what is inherently valuable, that's instant disqualification. Oh, I almost forgot. You're not allowed to tell anybody WHY you have to spend this money.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Still a less problematic Pryor movie than The Toy.

Trixie Hardcore fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 21, 2014

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Was Richard Pryor ever really funny?

I remember him being funny, but then every movie he's in is not very funny.

Odd.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

PostNouveau posted:

He was allowed to gamble it, so he just shoulda blown it all in Vegas.

Yeah just bet it on something that if it pays out, he gets more than he was going to get if he spent it all.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

money has no inherent value. burn it all.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

redshirt posted:

Was Richard Pryor ever really funny?

Odd.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Still a less problematic Pryor movie than The Toy.

no, the Toy was superior to B Million's

Its just so chock full of 80's every time i watch it i feel like playing nintendo

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Couldn't he have spent the million recruiting an entire law firm to contest the will?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Drunk & Ugly posted:

no, the Toy was superior to B Million's

Its just so chock full of 80's every time i watch it i feel like playing nintendo

Doesn't the kid's dad get caught holding a KKK fundraiser & then chases Pryor down in a golf cart?

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

All he had to do was buy something consumable for an absurdly high price. There's nothing in the rules saying, for instance, that he can't purchase a drink of water for 30 million.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Why didn't he just pocket the 30 million dollars and be like "thats still a ton of loving money I dont give a poo poo about that other 300 million peace"

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

I'm pretty sure Richard P could do 30 million in coke in 30 days. Prolly did this IRL.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Doesn't the kid's dad get caught holding a KKK fundraiser & then chases Pryor down in a golf cart?

yes well some times art make us a little uncomfortable but it is worth it in the long run

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis

He destroyed that stamp I still don't understand why that was allowed

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

PostNouveau posted:

He was allowed to gamble it, so he just shoulda blown it all in Vegas.

he made a huge long shot bet and actually won. Then John Candy took those winnings and made better bets, got more money and Pryor freaked out.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Bonzo posted:

he made a huge long shot bet and actually won. Then John Candy took those winnings and made better bets, got more money and Pryor freaked out.

Why would Uncle Buck do that?

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

tin can made man posted:

and he let that iceberg melt

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

tin can made man posted:

Because the stamp was a stamp, and he used it for its intended purpose. The fact that other collectors drove the price needed to acquire it to millions of dollars doesn't mean that it didn't have a legitimate use which took it out of Brewster's hands.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Was John Candy ever really funny?

Odd.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
buy poo poo tons of weed, rent a plane, throw weed bags out the door over the city

problem solved

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

how much crack would $30million buy? I know it wouldn't last 30 days. although crack buyers typically aren't known for planning ahead so it'd be more like 3-6million trips to the dealer not buying more than a rock at a time

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
One

Million

Smileys

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
In See No Evil Hear No Evil Richard Pryer and Gene Wilder are handicapable and antics ensue

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

In See No Evil Hear No Evil Richard Pryer and Gene Wilder are handicapable and antics ensue

It fulfills my sole requirement of being a good film in that its soundtrack included a song from minor 80's jewish synth-funk band Was (Not Was)

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Yeah there's actually a scene in the movie where they disqualify basically every idea posted in this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWWDn0cPgbg

The movie is retarded but somehow managed to pre-outsmart you guys in 1985 hth lol

I think the old guy is My Favorite Martian

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

This movie made me aware of the fact that the mega rich look down on the moderately rich.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
Following that guy's will, you could still invest in some tent-pole remake of Swap.avi. Problem solved. 300 mil please.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
he could just invest in a movie or something those are expensive af. for instance he could invest in a movie called brewsters millions

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
He could have purchased 15,000 internet spaceships and won.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Cocaine and hookers for everyone. This isn't that hard Brewster

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

invest in doobie's

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Mike Gallego posted:

invest in doobie's

the doghouse not the other thing though that works too

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It fulfills my sole requirement of being a good film in that its soundtrack included a song from minor 80's jewish synth-funk band Was (Not Was)

Wait, did "Walk the Dinosaur" have some kind of underlying Jew message

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mike Gallego posted:

invest in doobie's

I was gonna say, you could do this easily nowadays, just dump it all into kickstarters.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

It also had a woman with one of the most perfect sets of breasts in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Is that he could have just donated it all to charity. What and idiot.

Then we'd have...

Doobster's millions?

• Locked thread