Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

those lions should be commended for removing him for the gene pool. hopefully he didn't have a chance to reproduce before getting eaten

His kids are shown in the video.

It's fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster posted:

Platypuses don't have a collective name. It is acceptable to refer to more than one platypus as platypuses or simply platypus (platypi does not apply since 'pus' is latin for 'feet'; thus platy- means flat, -pus means feet). Also, it may be worth noting that there is no 'official' term for a young platypus. While some popular culture uses may refer to young individually as a 'puggle', convention is leaning towards perhaps adopting the term 'platypup' for juveniles.

Hope that helps! :)

platy·pus noun \ˈpla-ti-pəs, -ˌpu̇s\
: a small animal from Australia that has a bill like the bill of a duck, webbed feet, and a wide flat tail
plural platy·pus·es also platy·pi

How does it feel to write so many wrong words?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR posted:

platy·pus noun \ˈpla-ti-pəs, -ˌpu̇s\
: a small animal from Australia that has a bill like the bill of a duck, webbed feet, and a wide flat tail
plural platy·pus·es also platy·pi

How does it feel to write so many wrong words?

You could have picked on the fact that platypi aren't birds so flight doesn't apply but instead you fell flat on your face. :drat:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
So the guy only gets half eaten before one of those loving morons realize they're in a car.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Gerbils from the inside out.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Reign Of Pain posted:

So the guy only gets half eaten before one of those loving morons realize they're in a car.

That's what I was thinking, everyone in that movie including the cameraman are special.

Anyway, excluding bizarre poo poo like lampreys and ants I think crocodile would probably be the worst. Instead of a quick death like with a great white you get bitten and then shaken and rolled underwater until you drown or he tears you apart.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
somebody start a thread called 'whats the worst anime to get mauled/eaten by' bc thats how i read this title

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

ilikedirt posted:

somebody start a thread called 'whats the worst anime to get mauled/eaten by' bc thats how i read this title

Hands down some overerly flowery Slice of Life anime like fruits basket.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Angry MRA's from Reddit.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

A birb. fa babey birb

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

That's what I was thinking, everyone in that movie including the cameraman are special.

Anyway, excluding bizarre poo poo like lampreys and ants I think crocodile would probably be the worst. Instead of a quick death like with a great white you get bitten and then shaken and rolled underwater until you drown or he tears you apart.

the narrator says something like the terrain was too uneven to use the car to help or something

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
modern poo poo sucks

imagine you were a prehistoric New Zealander and you got attacked by a moa, that would suck, just getting torn to shreds by a huge ostrich

then a Haast's eagle comes out of nowhere and eats the moa and you end up bleeding to death lol

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

VikingSkull posted:

modern poo poo sucks

imagine you were a prehistoric New Zealander and you got attacked by a moa, that would suck, just getting torn to shreds by a huge ostrich

then a Haast's eagle comes out of nowhere and eats the moa and you end up bleeding to death lol

That would rule, watching the bird that killed you get hosed up by another bird

circle of life you know?

Hometown Slime Queen fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 22, 2014

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

100 pistol shrimp just constantly shock punching your body + face in a small tidal pool that's shallow enough for you to crawl out of but the punching shrimp keep punching you in the genitals/feet preventing you from standing and you eventually die from drowning and bruising.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Big Beef City posted:

100 pistol shrimp just constantly shock punching your body + face in a small tidal pool that's shallow enough for you to crawl out of but the punching shrimp keep punching you in the genitals/feet preventing you from standing and you eventually die from drowning and bruising.

can't wait for the CSI episode about this

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Ticks.

A thousand ticks slowly sucking you dry while you also die from the diseases they carry. My worst nightmare.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i heard somewhere (i think here) that platypus have an extreme painful venom, that sounds like a pretty lovely way to die

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
i changed my mind

chimpanzees are definitely scary as poo poo and they're almost as cruel as humans

you people saying insects and bees are a bunch of pansies LOL

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

is there any benefit to eating another animal alive or is that just nature being a loving rear end in a top hat

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

babypolis posted:

i heard somewhere (i think here) that platypus have an extreme painful venom, that sounds like a pretty lovely way to die

wht the gently caress. platypussies, like carnivorous vermin, fall upon you. fall on you baby.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

babypolis posted:

is there any benefit to eating another animal alive or is that just nature being a loving rear end in a top hat

yeah your stomach fills up faster

that's just about the long and short of it

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTWYQhTT388

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

NiceGuy posted:

yeah your stomach fills up faster

that's just about the long and short of it

wait what? how does that make any sense

ChuckHead
Jun 24, 2004

2000 years Assholes.
Mountain goat because really? A mountain goat.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

babypolis posted:

with the exception of big cats, most animals are not equipped to kill efficiently so waiting for you to die before chowing down takes too long

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

babypolis posted:

yeah okay you wait around for your prey to finish dying so some other rear end in a top hat animals can come and steal your poo poo. i'm gonna scarf down half of this still-writhing caribou before anyone knows what the gently caress

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I'd say being paralyzed by a large fall before being slowly drained of blood by thousands of mosquitoes/biting flies/other assorted fun insects would be a pretty horrible way to die.

Being horribly devoured by some large sea creature in the middle of the ocean will always be far more terrifying, though.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
anything that tramples is gonna hurt

like OP's mom at a buffet

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
shes a big gross pig op

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Nation posted:

shes a big gross pig op

speaking of, getting stabbed by a barefoot goon wielding a spear probably sucks too

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Wolverine for sure. It's a small dog/weasel thing and it will gently caress you up in a heartbeat. How loving humiliating is that.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Jeffrey posted:

wow y'all weren't kidding about chimps

just that one little line tucked in there:
"One of the chimps gnawed on his buttocks and bit off his genitals."

probably been posted before, but when chimps attach they almost always target the face, hands, feet and testicles

then again so do i because pcp lol :catdrugs:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I remember a youtube video of what was basically a gang of MRA chimpanzees, this troop of males that found a female chimp that had wandered off too far from her group, and they basically surrounded her and started trying to rip her apart. She fled into the trees and all you could see was leaves falling and hear her screaming. She managed to get away but only just.

Chimpatriarchy

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I remember a youtube video of what was basically a gang of MRA chimpanzees, this troop of males that found a female chimp that had wandered off too far from her group, and they basically surrounded her and started trying to rip her apart. She fled into the trees and all you could see was leaves falling and hear her screaming. She managed to get away but only just.

Chimpatriarchy

that was a documentary on india dude

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
I'm gonna have to go with that one type of rat from AD&D

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Frostwerks posted:

that was a documentary on india dude

Nah the chimpanzees had a lot less corpses and feces

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

ChickenHeart posted:

I'd say being paralyzed by a large fall before being slowly drained of blood by thousands of mosquitoes/biting flies/other assorted fun insects would be a pretty horrible way to die.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
since before i can remember i have fantasized about an adolescent orangutan chewing off my erect cock as i grin with fatherly pride. mmm. you're chewing off my cock. just like i taught you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
There was an ancient Persian practice of basically strapping a person to a boat and covering them in honey to attract insects and leaving them floating in the hot sun until their bites get infested and fester until they die over the course of several days. They would force feed you water to prolong the torture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism

[edit]

f u omfg furry >:|

• Locked thread