Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
is this the first time since season 1 that an al west team isn't in the world series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
gently caress me down 2-0 going to NY

I haven't been able to do poo poo against Burdette/Spahn, what are the odds I have better luck against Stobbs? Worse than the odds of Gerry Staley not getting his rear end beat, I'm sure

uublog fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 20, 2014

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

is this the first time since season 1 that an al west team isn't in the world series?

rip in pepperonis

i made the philadelphia eagles of fake baseball, i'd say the buffalo bills but they got to the super bowl

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
holy poo poo I think I just scored all the runs I will ever score this series

welp at least I won't get swept

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
I was like ladeda marching to a sweep......holy gently caress what the gently caress????

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Sighhhhhhhhhh

I really regret not realizing that Walt Masterson would get skipped now. Before I just regretted it

e:

quote:

Congratulations to fervus and uublog for reaching the World Series!

fervus's NY [insert team name] won the series in 5 games.

Both teams will be moving on to the Tournament Of Champions for a chance to win up to $150 in Rewards Points.

I'm literally a game away from being swept out of the ToC by a 1908 team that can't hit for poo poo. Ughhhhhh gently caress this game

uublog fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 21, 2014

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Congrats on your World Series win and team sniping ability, scrotos!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Ok I guess it's time to start on 1954 recruitment now? (I'd like to keep that WS loss from hanging over my head indefinitely, tia)

e: lmao only toadee and I are two-time WS losers smdh

uublog fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 21, 2014

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

fuckme.png

e: if anybody needs me I'll be rage-building an OL cookie team. I want to know what winning feels like without the inevitable crushing loss at the end :(

uublog fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 21, 2014

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

uublog posted:

I'm literally a game away from being swept out of the ToC by a 1908 team that can't hit for poo poo. Ughhhhhh gently caress this game

Mean while my TOC has 4 teams in it. Though I expected to get destroyed because of the high cap rules and being a prog team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

Congrats on your World Series win and team sniping ability, scrotos!

Thanks. I also got a 200k CF/SS who put up a crazy line this year. Check it out. He was also a C/C at SS.

Though my draft pick of a SP helped a lot, this team did not need a lot of work to be really good.

• Locked thread