Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
We've had a number for two and a half days but I think it's just pecota, AV, EB, and Bob that we're still waiting on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

sorry, will buy a season and submit later tonght

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

uublog posted:

We've had a number for two and a half days but I think it's just pecota, AV, EB, and Bob that we're still waiting on?

I had to buy seasons when I got paid. I'm in.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Power of Pecota posted:

sorry, will buy a season and submit later tonght

Well that was a half lie but I'm in now.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
The half of the AL West that has not entered has been tweeted at :argh:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
well I'll score a shitload of runs at least

As for pitching...

But defense??

this is gonna be a fun train wreck

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

BOB why aren't you in yet, we want this to be not slower than the process of getting keepers in

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

uublog posted:

BOB why aren't you in yet, we want this to be not slower than the process of getting keepers in

I tweeted at him yesterday. He said he's had some stuff going on but should be in this week.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Devo posted:

I tweeted at him yesterday. He said he's had some stuff going on but should be in this week.

ok just making sure he still exists

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

We are realigned and approved for scheduling

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

woooooooot we're scheduled. just under 24 hours til Opening Day, folks! make sure to get everything set today (lineups, rotation, hierarchies, etc.)

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

:ohdear:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

holy loving poo poo

Apologies in advance for when you have to replace me because I had a coronary while reading one of my box scores

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Ha forgot this league started, went to check and see I am 3-0 :toot:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Hey I've been busy with real life stuff so sorry for not making a GDT. I did finally fix my pitch counts though!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Devo posted:

Hey I've been busy with real life stuff so sorry for not making a GDT. I did finally fix my pitch counts though!

well you've still won two of three against me (e: we split somehow despite Murry Dickson?? wtf) so clearly your absence hasn't had much of an effect. so are we just using this as the gdt thread as well?

uublog fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 23, 2014

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

uublog posted:

well you've still won two of three against me (e: we split somehow despite Murry Dickson?? wtf) so clearly your absence hasn't had much of an effect. so are we just using this as the gdt thread as well?

Yeah sure why not go crazy

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Devo posted:

Yeah sure why not go crazy

Low effort by commish for zero effort season

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
You know who's not giving zero effort? Red Schoendienst.

E: Both my Middle Infielders have an OPS over 1.000.

Thanks again, Art.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
oh

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=22994610&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=10

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

that gaylord perry is a fuckin bum

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Am I going slowly insane or did the PM only cycle for about half the teams?

edit: actually it's way more than half. The PM cycled for everyone but me and toadee? I'm going to force a refresh here

edit2: everyone in the league has 14 games played except for us. This is really weird

Devo fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 26, 2014

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Devo posted:

Am I going slowly insane or did the PM only cycle for about half the teams?

edit: actually it's way more than half. The PM cycled for everyone but me and toadee? I'm going to force a refresh here

edit2: everyone in the league has 14 games played except for us. This is really weird
The daily box score is blank for your game, which is odd. Must have been rained out.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Ivan Drago posted:

The daily box score is blank for your game, which is odd. Must have been rained out.

It's true

I've never seen that before :stare:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'm officially confused. I guess I'll wait to see what happens in the PM2 before sending in a ticket.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

haha holy poo poo thats wild

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Aaand we're back on track. That was weird.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
does anyone have a record of the various awards, especially last season or has that been lost forever due to devo's negligence about starting a new thread and everyone taking forever to get their keepers in

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Zamboni Jesus posted:

does anyone have a record of the various awards, especially last season or has that been lost forever due to devo's negligence about starting a new thread and everyone taking forever to get their keepers in

There used to be a drop down box in the awards pop up. Don't know why there's not anymore. 1951 GDT has a list of Cy Young and MVP winners, but I've been negligent since then.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Anyone have a good RP for trade?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Scrotos posted:

Anyone have a good RP for trade?

lol you think there's good pitchers in the 50s

In other news my team is off to an unsustainably hot start despite most of the starters being in Korea

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Middle Infield Update:

Solly Hemus - .363/.449/.676
Red Schoendienst - .462/.537/.688

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

Devo posted:

There used to be a drop down box in the awards pop up. Don't know why there's not anymore. 1951 GDT has a list of Cy Young and MVP winners, but I've been negligent since then.

If you change the league main screen to a different season and then hit awards, you can use the drop down box there.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Devo we going to go to the mattresses again this year?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Devo we going to go to the mattresses again this year?

I fully expect you to have a healthy lead by game 60 or so

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I'm really looking forward to seeing how many of Al Rosen's record-setting paces he can keep. Right now, he has 60 hits, 14 homers, 43 RBI, 55-plus RC, and a .465/.533/.839 line. After 31 games. Btw, he also has 2 strikeouts in 150 PA, though it would take work to find that record.

As a result of his destruction, the average hitter is .284/.353/.423, which is kinda insane. Somehow, through all this, I'm leading in runs allowed, and second in ERA, OAV, and WHIP. :staredog:

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

uublog posted:

though it would take work to find that record.

1948 Lou Boudreau. 7 Ks in 782 PA.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

uublog posted:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how many of Al Rosen's record-setting paces he can keep. Right now, he has 60 hits, 14 homers, 43 RBI, 55-plus RC, and a .465/.533/.839 line. After 31 games. Btw, he also has 2 strikeouts in 150 PA, though it would take work to find that record.

his rbi pace still leaves him like 20 behind ralph kiner's 1947 of 237 :smug:

he has a pretty good chance at shattering kiner's homerun record of 69 though

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'm collapsing right on schedule. It was a good 30 games though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Devo posted:

I'm collapsing right on schedule. It was a good 30 games though.

gently caress that, right on schedule for you is Game 162.

• Locked thread