Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

14-0. The Virginia Tech Hokies rode a wave of talent, and coaching skill, to the first undefeated record in 3 seasons capturing the ACC and National Titles in the process. The rest of the ACC will look to close the gap this season as all the remaining coaches have a roster built of their own recruits. FSU managed to hang onto the Atlantic, but not before being challenged by both NCSU and BC who are going to look to take that next step in season 4. The Coastal is a bit murkier, UNC was lucky enough to earn a rematch for the National Title, and Miami took a small step back losing 3 games while UVA stormed into the top 10 with a 2 loss season and an upset of then #2 Miami. Is this the year that the status quo changes? Will someone other than VT & FSU play for the ACC Title? With lots of turnover and some lost coaches as KG would say....ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Coastal Division Preview

Georgia Tech - The #1 rushing attack in the country was good for an 8-5 record as that ground game came up short in some close games. The lack of a passing game will probably need to be improved upon to challenge for the division. They do have a quality coach at the helm even if he is handicapped by a lack of short and long term in game memory (SAD SAD COACHING POINTS QUANDRY). Turn a few of those close games into Ws, and a top 10 ranking at seasons end won't be out of reach.

Miami - A bit of a down year with 3 ACC losses putting them 3rd in the division, however their talent was undeniable as they collected the most individual awards and landed the 2nd most All Americans by seasons end. Although some technical difficulties may hamper them again this season (COACH XP GRRR), the Canes may finally be in position to take the Coastal from the Hokies as they retained a lot of their offensive talent.

North Carolina - Although their coach found himself in Italy the Tar Heels still managed another top 10 season and were very close to taking the division from the Hokies, but were unable to get it done last year. Offensive minded with a flying D, UNC is poised to make both an ACC and National Title run after managing to slide into the NCG last season.

Pittsburgh - ABANDONED AND UNLOVED THEIR COACH WAS FIRED.

South Carolina - Coach Big D McGee was only interested in coaching user games and it cost him his job. But hopefully his reincarnation will return to lead the Gamecocks out of the cellar.

Virginia - Making magic out of poo poo is what I'd say happened at UVA last season, all that Mike London recruited talent finally produced at Top 10 season and managed to throw a wrench into the Coastal race with an upset of Miami. They lose their star QB, but will look to take some dangerous offensive weapons and score their way to the ACC title game. A darkhorse for it given their talent differential, but they managed some magic last season.

Virginia Tech - No one was even close to the Hokies all season long, averaging 11 ppg surrendered the back to back #1 defense in the country headlined the meat grinder that was the Hokies. This may not be the case this season as much of the front 7 has graduated, and it may require some more scoring from an already dangerous offense. With a deep receiving corp, stud HB Edmunds and a dynamic QB, the only thing holding them back may be the Oline. Can the Hokies retain their best of the ACC status, or will one of their rivals finally down them?

Atlantic Division Preview

Boston College - BC exploded into the top 10 only to stumble as they met their stronger competition in the 2nd half of the season. The Eagles proved they aren't to be taken lightly anymore and should be a factor in the ACC Title race.

Clemson - Come back Capn...they're like the Lost Boys without Pan. Talented, but not very troublesome.

Florida State - A return to form for FSU last season saw them rocket to #2 and with a chance to upset #1 VT as they did in season one, but it wasn't meant to be and FSU had to settle for only being a top 10 team with the Atlantic title. As long as Winston is their QB, FSU will be a dangerous team, and they've had good recruiting classes up to last season so they should be in position to fight for the Atlantic again.

Louisville - The Empty Throne of Bobby Petrino's Motorcycle

NC State - Another step forward for the Wolfpack a final ranking of #3, and a few very close losses away from claiming the Atlantic title. Their dynamic QB returns for a soph campaign with his eyes set on reaching the ACC Title game for the first time in his coach's tenure. NCSU should be considered a front runner along with FSU for the winner of this division.

Syracuse - DUMPSTER FIRE OF THE FROZEN NORTH

Wake Forest - Back into your bag of lovely tricks with you Demon Deacon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those that may be new to the dynasty here are some things you should know about how I run this ship.

1)I am a considerate commish provided you post and stay in touch with the dynasty through the thread (when it concerns player games) or contacting me in AIM/PM. If there are scheduling problems, provided I am aware of them I will work with y'all to get games played.
2)I am a cruel and powerful commish, I move this thing along when I say I plan to especially as it concerns CPU games. I will often set a deadline and players need to get their games in. I don't wait on people with CPU games unless there is the aforementioned communication about a situation.
3)We don't play FCS teams in this league. We prefer mid major meats around these parts.
4)It's a good time in here, trash talk is fine and we will all have fun with the thread.
5)I will listen to suggestions about improving the game play of the dynasty, but the decision to implement anything is ultimately mine.
6)I don't care about CPU games; they are for getting bowl eligible and pointless stat padding. I won't be upset about a reset or two along the way. That said don't restart a half dozen times because someone got injured.

If you got problems all I gots to say is

----------------------------------------------
Teams by Division

Coastal
Georgia Tech - cletus42o GT cletus42o
Miami - John Brown GT True Cryme
North Carolina - slywalker13 GT Slywalker13
Pittsburgh - OPEN
South Carolina - OPEN
Virginia - After Father GT BJTheRealist
Virginia Tech - Zsbaug24 GT JDMTyte

Atlantic
Boston College - Texas A Wrecksus GT QuickDrawQuincy
Clemson - Lil Jon Galt GT Kancho :iiam:
Florida State - The Piper GT the nasty niss
Louisville - OPEN
NC State - Dioedeus GT BenedictWong
Syracuse - OPEN
Wake Forest - OPEN

Coaches who can claim a team: MAkev GT makev7, marioinblack GT TB Rays 23

Wait List:

Wait list will work as follows; when a person drops out the first person on the wait list will get a PM and have 24 hrs to respond about taking the spot. If I get no response it's onto the next person.

Difficulty - All American; Adjusted Penalty Sliders; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.
No Recruiting boosters.

Basically I'm going to ask that everyone not play like an rear end in a top hat. I want to see good sportsmanship and that people play the game like real football within bounds. The game is trying to tailor it so you should be encouraged to do so, but lets actually try and care. I may make adjustments as the game goes along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Looking forward to a new season!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Definitely looking for a bounce back season. I'd still like to win the ACC once.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Gonna move this to week 1 tonight unless there are objections.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Nope I did mine from the web

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
I haven't done my stuff yet but that's all my fault so I vote for a 90 minutes delay. But don't mind too much. It really doesn't matter if this dynasty isn't making it at least one more season. What's the verdict on that? I hope it goes forever

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

I haven't done my stuff yet but that's all my fault so I vote for a 90 minutes delay. But don't mind too much. It really doesn't matter if this dynasty isn't making it at least one more season. What's the verdict on that? I hope it goes forever

Forever and ever, until EA kills the servers this ACC dynasty will run.

It's also week 1, no user games to my knowledge the first 2 weeks.

This team is solid, but I will lose regular season games this year. The defense isn't up to par to maintain its #1 OVR position.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Had some connection issues when I tried to play my game last night. I may not be able to give it another try until tomorrow or Sunday.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Will try to make time to play this weekend, hopefully tomorrow

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT over Wash St, 45-13.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

Will try to make time to play this weekend, hopefully tomorrow

Same

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

It's cool dudes y'all got till Sunday I'm never in a rush since it will last ~*Forever*~

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami r2a.

This defense is nasty against the CPU. Let's hope that translates with other users.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Some thoughts:

My defence :negative: . It was so wonderful last year. Noone in my secondary is rated above 90.

My two top WRs are named Davis and have similar numbers. Am I able to change their numbers?

Q. Davis finally gave me my first kick return TD. I'm not sure what Cletus(?) meant by beast mode but he's nice to have.

Fields can at least get kickoffs past the goalline now :woot: but I still may squib against JB since you usually net a TD on kickoffs off me when I have a good leg.

I was going to try and collude with Z over the top two QBs so we each only target one and are garunteed one, but the guy I preferred instacomitted so I guess I'm off to a good recruiting start :downs: .

Despite not having points in recruiting JB still has the #1 team 3 and 4 years out. That's some serious depth.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

I was going to try and collude with Z over the top two QBs so we each only target one and are garunteed one, but the guy I preferred instacomitted so I guess I'm off to a good recruiting start :downs: .

Despite not having points in recruiting JB still has the #1 team 3 and 4 years out. That's some serious depth.

Last season I got an instant commit from a really good LB...then I quit the league and lost that ability :(

I'm sure that if I don't have a knockout year of recruiting those projections are gonna change.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio you and Texas have games left. Try and get them done today so we can hustle on.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm about to start mine here shortly

EDIT: Done. R2A. I simmed all of my defensive plays so ECU rang up 450 yards passing, which is a little concerning...
I dropped 475 rushing yards on them though. My backup HB went off for 175 yds and 3 TDs and in the process I noticed the dude is 6'5" 225lbs. He looks like goddamn menace trucking up the sidelines

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 27, 2014

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

I'm about to start mine here shortly

EDIT: Done. R2A. I simmed all of my defensive plays so ECU rang up 450 yards passing, which is a little concerning...
I dropped 475 rushing yards on them though. My backup HB went off for 175 yds and 3 TDs and in the process I noticed the dude is 6'5" 225lbs. He looks like goddamn menace trucking up the sidelines

Isn't that WR size? I mean with pads height is really the only anthroprometric you'd notice a change on in this game but I would think a RB that tall and that "light" wouldn't go far. That being said I haven't noticed weight to matter in the game although height is good for tipping passes at the line and going up to grab them down field.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

My biggest WR is 6'5" 224, so yeah, he is bigger than all my WRs. Really tremendous acceleration and decent STR/TRK so when he gets a head of steam he tends to bowl over DBs. When he runs it almost looks like James Wilder or someone, just really upright and looking to initiate contact

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced.

Week 2 is all CPU so have at it bros, lets get it done fast if possible though.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami r2a.

Absolutely destroyed FIU 88-0. Also, Texas is he #1 team in the country and neither of us play them.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UVA falls to Oregon 34-23. With that I think I will drop from this dynasty. It's just not fun when I know I will not be able to field the best team possible.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Yeah Mr. Commish missed user fames against the top two countries teams. Shouldn't matter if someone runs the table due to strength of schedule but otherwise... Oh well ACCCG is the only game that matters amirite?

Edit: not that I've ever made it

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AfterFather posted:

UVA falls to Oregon 34-23. With that I think I will drop from this dynasty. It's just not fun when I know I will not be able to field the best team possible.

See ya! Feel free to join me online if you see me playing a game you own.

Slywalker13 posted:

Yeah Mr. Commish missed user fames against the top two countries teams. Shouldn't matter if someone runs the table due to strength of schedule but otherwise... Oh well ACCCG is the only game that matters amirite?

I may very well be the Jim Kelly of this league by the time I quit.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Sometimes I want to see the world burn. There is no way that would actually happen so it didn't. And I wasn't paying attention.

AF: If you want to rejoin and take over a different squad feel free I can shoot you another invite.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I might do that. Playing with Virginia now was driving me insane.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

I might do that. Playing with Virginia now was driving me insane.

South car has to be decent right? Come back.

UNC r2a, I have no game this week correct? I don't trust the online client.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Will try to play my game tomorrow night, working on an exam tonight for my final class of grad school

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio lied and finished his game.

Are we gonna wait on AF to rejoin?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Umm I couldn't set those schedules so I have no idea what it looks like (in terms of what waiting means). South Carolina or Louisville are your best bet. I'll get you an invite tomorrow afternoon, but I will prb advance it when I do that too. It's only one week though so it's recoverable.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Will try and get the invite sent tonight, something is up with it for me right now so maybe later.

Also want to advance unless there are objections.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AF your invite is sent take whoever you desire thats open and I'll adjust the OP as needed.

Week 3 is here with a top 5 match up and ACCCG Rematch!

#2 VT @ #3 FSU

Saturday will prb be good for me to get this in if you've got the time.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
As mentioned in the B1G thread, I'ma jump in on this and throw bad redzone picks as i struggle with abxy instead of playstation buttons

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Just two weeks in and I'm getting my rear end handed to me in recruiting. This ain't gonna be pretty.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

As mentioned in the B1G thread, I'ma jump in on this and throw bad redzone picks as i struggle with abxy instead of playstation buttons

Welcome to the party, need you to give me your XBL Name so I can send you an invite.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Dubious28SS

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I joined as South Carolina this time around. Looks like I have a Game against Wrecksus. Let me know a good time for you.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT over Baylor, 49-14.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus has been MIA. I'd out him on AP for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Piper: tomorrow got anytime?

• Locked thread