Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Nice win, Sly! Now I need you to beat Dio!

The Coastal standings are so packed I have no idea who controls their destiny there. I think JB does because his only ACC loss was to an ACC Atlantic squad.

Wreckus, when can you play?

The Piper fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

The Piper posted:

The Coastal standings are so packed I have no idea who controls their destiny there. I think JB does because his only ACC loss was to an ACC Atlantic squad.

JB is the only one to control his destiny. Cletus has to play VT and Miami still so I'm hopeful he'll drop on of those.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I have no idea where I'm sitting at right now in regards to my division. can anyone tell me?

Congrats man, beating VT is almost unheard of

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I've only beaten VT once, and it's never been during the regular season.

Dude is like 10-1 against me as the hokies.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Hey AF, when can you play?

Slywalker13 posted:

JB is the only one to control his destiny. Cletus has to play VT and Miami still so I'm hopeful he'll drop on of those.
LOL I don't think you need to hope too much for that. Maybe have one more miracle left for the season if I'm lucky.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Diodeous posted:

I have no idea where I'm sitting at right now in regards to my division. can anyone tell me?

(barring unforeseen upsets by BC) If Sly beats you, I win the division. If you beat Sly, you win the division.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

cletus42o posted:

Hey AF, when can you play?

LOL I don't think you need to hope too much for that. Maybe have one more miracle left for the season if I'm lucky.

I can go tonight.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

The Piper posted:

(barring unforeseen upsets by BC) If Sly beats you, I win the division. If you beat Sly, you win the division.

gently caress I always blow my big games to sly

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

AfterFather posted:

I can go tonight.
What time? My wife gets home at 9pm Eastern so I'd need to be done by then, otherwise Wed/Thurs night would be better.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I wont be avalible until 11 PM EST. We can try for tomorrow.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

All things come to an end :smith:

Should have won by 2 scores, but got held to 2 FGs, and this defense just isn't as suffocating without the fully filled DC tree. Still could win the Coastal and the ACC, if not it was bound to happen sometime. My home winning streak still lives, so have fun coming to the Terrordome.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

gently caress I always blow my big games to sly

Well we are up now. I worry that (like cletus) every year it seems like you close the gap so this could be it. When do you want to go? I imagine this weekend would work best unless you can play noonish.

Edit: what's the game's algebra in the not unforeseeable circumstance where we have an iron triangle?

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 17, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Highest BCS Rank. Which means I still have a good shot to end up close to the top.

This was my first regular season loss with VT, 42 consecutive regular season games before a loss. I dare y'all to beat that.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Slywalker13 posted:

Well we are up now. I worry that (like cletus) every year it seems like you close the gap so this could be it. When do you want to go? I imagine this weekend would work best unless you can play noonish.

Edit: what's the game's algebra in the not unforeseeable circumstance where we have an iron triangle?

I work every day from 8-5 est so nights and weekends are best

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Highest BCS Rank. Which means I still have a good shot to end up close to the top.

This was my first regular season loss with VT, 42 consecutive regular season games before a loss. I dare y'all to beat that.

FSU and Miami are the only schools that could even come close to pulling that off. Year after year VT is stupidly overrated, but FSU would be even more potent if Piper gave a poo poo about recruiting. If I had my coach XP and hadn't taken a simmed loss I'd probably be at a 20-game win streak or so, but it really wouldn't matter as I'd lose to you eventually. You were practically made for VT.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Nevermind, with the losses to Atlantic teams, I don't see how this happens. Maybe a complicated finale like coastal irl last year.

Well I'm at 1 consecutive win so...

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

The Piper posted:

Im good any time tonight

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

cletus42o posted:

What time? My wife gets home at 9pm Eastern so I'd need to be done by then, otherwise Wed/Thurs night would be better.

Can you play tonight?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Im good any time tonight

Wanna play now?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

AfterFather posted:

Can you play tonight?
After 11pm? I should be able to go at 11pm, though the sooner the better. I'm around now, I'm assuming you won't be around until 11 but I'll check the thread just in case.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Slywalker13 posted:

Nevermind, with the losses to Atlantic teams, I don't see how this happens. Maybe a complicated finale like coastal irl last year.

Well I'm at 1 consecutive win so...

So when do you want to try for, buddy?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

cletus42o posted:

After 11pm? I should be able to go at 11pm, though the sooner the better. I'm around now, I'm assuming you won't be around until 11 but I'll check the thread just in case.

Yeah, I'm at work at the moment.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

The Piper posted:

Wanna play now?

Sorry, Im on now till whenever.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Oops I'm an idiot. We don't play for another 2 weeks. You play VT this week.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Maybe later tomorrow night?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

So when do you want to try for, buddy?

I could do 2359 tomorrow, (like 24 hours from this posting) or more preferred would be Saturday before the games start.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Let's try for Saturday morning sometime.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
South Carolina barely pulled it out against GT last night, winning 21-17.

Both teams had pretty bad offensive games. USC turned the ball over twice fairly early, but GT was getting stopped and had to punt the ball away more often than not it seemed like. GT had the ball late in the 4th with the chance to take the lead and probably win the game, but threw an interception in the red zone to seal their fate.

GG AF!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Sly, I'm playing soccer tomorrow morning, so unfortunately my window I can play got a bit smaller. I'll be up at 7:30am EST and don't have to leave until about 9:15am EST, so if you're up and want to play then, I definitely can. Otherwise I'm available from like noon-7pm EST the rest of that day. Sunday is more wide open other than the morning, but evenings are really preferred then. Let me know what you think will be good

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I can't do eastern evenings due to the time zone difference. I'll be up at 730 eastern and can play then. If for whatever reason it doesn't work out, I should be good tomorrow morning as well.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Hey Z, if Pitt didnt get too molested since i dropped, i can fit this dynasty in again.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Slywalker13 posted:

I can't do eastern evenings due to the time zone difference. I'll be up at 730 eastern and can play then. If for whatever reason it doesn't work out, I should be good tomorrow morning as well.

Alright. I'm up, so I'll definitely be on at 7:30

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC blanks NC State 42-0. Nothing went right for the Wolfpack who would string together drives but then give the ball up just outside of the redzone. Sorry for taking that pick back at the end, I rarely get defensive touchdowns against users and I just wanted to grab one seeing as it basically fell into my lap.

Looks like all I have left is JB in 3 weeks and baring a large number of upsets...that should determine the coastal.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah, I played a really awful game. Any throw I made was rushed and wobbly, so he pounced on them. At one point, it was like, I attempted 6 throws and 3 of them went for INTs. My running game was pretty stifled, as well. I didn't realize before the game it was the #1 rush D vs the #1 rush O and that kind of deflated my hopes of running on you. I always seem to play like poo poo in big games against you, but you played a great game. Good luck, bud

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

When will you be around Wreckus?

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

I'm around every evening Mon-Weds this week.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I'm around every evening Mon-Weds this week.

Let's shoot for Tuesday night? 10-11 CT work?

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Let's shoot for Tuesday night? 10-11 CT work?

Yeah Ill see you then.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Yeah Ill see you then.

Gonna be closer to 11.

e: Maybe a little after, but def no later than 1130.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced. VT walks away with a bounce back W over Boston College (66-38), but did so while surrendering a record number of points, for all the INTs and few stops, the BC receivers broke so many tackles. Find a defense and a more accurate QB and you've got something there Wreckus. Got out of hand early, Edmunds rolled up 300+ yards and 4 TDs after I decided I didn't pound the rock with him enough against UNC.

User Games:
GT vs Miami
NCSU vs BC

• Locked thread