Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Definitely looking for a bounce back season. I'd still like to win the ACC once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Had some connection issues when I tried to play my game last night. I may not be able to give it another try until tomorrow or Sunday.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami r2a.

This defense is nasty against the CPU. Let's hope that translates with other users.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

I was going to try and collude with Z over the top two QBs so we each only target one and are garunteed one, but the guy I preferred instacomitted so I guess I'm off to a good recruiting start :downs: .

Despite not having points in recruiting JB still has the #1 team 3 and 4 years out. That's some serious depth.

Last season I got an instant commit from a really good LB...then I quit the league and lost that ability :(

I'm sure that if I don't have a knockout year of recruiting those projections are gonna change.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami r2a.

Absolutely destroyed FIU 88-0. Also, Texas is he #1 team in the country and neither of us play them.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AfterFather posted:

UVA falls to Oregon 34-23. With that I think I will drop from this dynasty. It's just not fun when I know I will not be able to field the best team possible.

See ya! Feel free to join me online if you see me playing a game you own.

Slywalker13 posted:

Yeah Mr. Commish missed user fames against the top two countries teams. Shouldn't matter if someone runs the table due to strength of schedule but otherwise... Oh well ACCCG is the only game that matters amirite?

Edit: not that I've ever made it

I may very well be the Jim Kelly of this league by the time I quit.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio lied and finished his game.

Are we gonna wait on AF to rejoin?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Just two weeks in and I'm getting my rear end handed to me in recruiting. This ain't gonna be pretty.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus has been MIA. I'd out him on AP for now.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

I ran 2 and a half seasons in the ps3 dynasty as minnesota with success. Pitt has a decent senior talent pool with good underclassmen. Just gotta get some key recruits and i can manage. If not for button fumbling id have beat ND 41-14. My achilles heel will be stopping end zone pick sixes because im not used to xbox controls yet

It's probably gonna be a rough first season for you as you have to play VT and Miami. I think I saw FSU and/or UNC as well.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

For the second consecutive year I will miss out on quality Tackles.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Look at Dio doing big things with NC State now!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Hokies receive stiff competition from the Gamecocks with a 21 all game at the half, but managed to pull out a 21 pt lead in the 3rd quarter to put the game away. 42-21, bad passing day, but I didn't need to throw the ball that much given how my running game was eating up yards.

Advanced.
NCSU vs Miami
BC vs UNC

Still can't get no TE's but I got 5 commits after last week so hell yeah for that, DLINE WHAT UP.

I'm having a rough time with recruiting olinemen without the coaching perks. Dark times lie ahead.

Dio, would you be able to play either Tuesday or Wednesday night? I'd be available some time between 6-9pm CT. I usually have errands to run or what not, but I can schedule them around our game if we decide on a specific time.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let's try for Wednesday at 7pm CT.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm logging on right now. Revenge will be had.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I just restarted my router and modem. If this doesn't work then idk.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It looks that way. I'm not sure what the problem is. Usually when I reset it's easy breezy.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio, I just bought a better router from Wally World. I'll be able to play either tomorrow or Friday, but I'm not sure which yet. If you're up for it I can hook this thing up now and we can give it another shot? Just a thought.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I might be behind by 30mins or so. Want to set up my new router before we try again.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm still trying to set up this router.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'd really prefer to knock this game out tonight. I'll take up until 8:15

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm so loving annoyed right now. Let's try tomorrow.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

Logged on to see 8 new posts figured we had an advance or an epic game played. :dissapointed:

Wait until you read this...

ZEB, go ahead and put me on AP this week so Dio can play the game. I won't have time until Saturday early morning, or late afternoon.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If you just show happen to be around we can try within the next 30mins (9:30 ct). Otherwise I'll see you in the morning. We'll need to start by 9:30am, or try for late afternoon / early evening.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

930 am ct is doable. I have an appt at 8 but should be done and home by 9

See you then.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I went and got an airport because I was tired of the bullshit.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I have to go to work now. What's your availability like today?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I'll be available tonight most likely

Hm...We'll have to play it by ear. By the way, I don't think I've ever whiffed on tackles harder.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm back from work and should be free until 5pm CT for sure. MAYBE later.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm around until 9pm CT if you want to try again tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Ok. I'm on my way home. Look for me in the next 30mins or so.

Errr: More like 3:30-3:45.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 24, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio, I'm ready to try one last time.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

No worries. This is probably the first time ever we haven't been able to play so it's overdue really.

I say we let the EA sim gods decide our fate.

E: I'm around until 11pm CT regardless.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 25, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, you can advance us. I'm not playing a CPU NC State. Sorry for the hold up!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dude if you're free now let's knock it out. I'm surprisingly home from work at a decent time.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Well it what it is. Lost to Dio in a sim while giving up 2 picks and 6 sacks.

Week 7 Games:

#4 UNC (Sly) @ #25 Pitt (Dubious)
#10 Miami (JB) @ #7 FSU (Piper)

CPU Games:
NCSU
BC
SCe
VT

Byes:
GT

Piper, it feels like it's been a long time since we've played a meaningful game. Any chance you can play tonight?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami over FSU 31-10.

It was a defensive struggle up until the final minute of the first half. The run game really came through for me, and protection wasn't too bad.

GG Piper

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Piper posted:

I'm not going to raise a huge stink about it but I feel a little cheated that Dio gets a sim win over JB and I had to take my beating. If I beat Dio in 2 weeks and I still don't make the ACC title game I'll be unhappy.

Consider this: we tried to play like 6-7 times. On top of that Dio was a huge annoyance when we finally made it through a first half (he was only down by a handful of points). I felt that since he and I both tried multiple times to play our game, and since it was such a close contest, that he deserved a sim. If anything I'm screwed at any chance of a BCSNC because that was my one loss that I could usually afford. Now I have no choice but to beat he who owns me annually.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Piper posted:

Yeah I understand the reasons for the sim. It's just that my matchup with Dio has decided our division every year and if it didn't this year, that would be a shame. Especially considering this is my last season in this dynasty. Although, the way I played in last years ACC title game and the fact that Dio's team is rated higher than mine now probably means that he deserves the ACC title game this year.

It doesn't have to be if you did recruiting. You'd probably end up with the best class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AF, are you watching this poo poo show in Arlington or do you want to play our game?

• Locked thread