Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT over Wash St, 45-13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT over Baylor, 49-14.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I started off my game against cletus really poorly with two nasty INTs which he quickly turned into points. At one point it was something like 21-7 going into the 2nd quarter and then suddenly I started putting it together on offense and the game was something like 42-21 going into the half. I really feel like if cletus had better talent it wouldn't have slipped away so fast
It was GT up 17-0 at the start of the 2nd quarter. Then you scored 31 unanswered points before the half. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I remembered I've got to be rear end up early Saturday.
This is how I read that originally.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Same deal today and tomorrow cletus, any time before 4 eastern
Hey sorry don't think I posted this in this thread, but I'm in Maine on vacation until Wednesday night.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Sounds good. Let me know when you can go this weekend. Morning and afternoon work better for me.
These are my potential times during the week:

- this afternoon (before 4pm Eastern would be best)
- tomorrow during the day (after around 11am Eastern on)

Weekend I should be fine, especially on mornings. I don't think my wife has anything planned for us for the weekend, but that could change. We did just get back from a 5 day trip to Maine so hopefully I can relax and watch/play football all weekend!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Just saw this, I could go at 415 eastern today probably. We just received our household goods (finally) and I think I could get it set up properly in time.

Otherwise I'd say tomorrow sometime like 4 or 5 whenever we get back from an event.
Ah, didn't see your post in time for today. Yeah tomorrow around 4-5 should be perfect for me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
5pm Eastern will probably be better for me, but if you're around at 4pm I might be available if you want to check. I just have my 360 on while I work so I'd see you get online if I'm not in the middle of a project.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

We are leaving now, I will probably be ready to go at 1645 if that's OK.
Yeah I'm actually ready whenever now, got through my work more quickly than expected.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Yeah I could feel your pain as the clock expired.

#10 GT over #4 UNC, 28-21

First time with an upset in this dynasty. Your HB had a monster game (196 yards and 2 TD), but luckily my QB did too - probably my best game with any QB as GT against a user - went 12/15 for 140 yards and 2 TD (no interceptions!), and rushed for another 3 TD.

UNC tied it up at 21 each with 2:16 left to go after forcing GT to a 3-and-out after GT came away with the only turnover of the game. QB Thomas got his best rush of the game two plays later running for a 69 yard TD to go back up by 7. That's when UNC drove all the way down the field but time expired somewhere inside the 5 yard line.

GG!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Ugh. Game keeps freezing on me against UVA. May try again later tonight, or just wait for morning.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey AF, when can you play?

Slywalker13 posted:

JB is the only one to control his destiny. Cletus has to play VT and Miami still so I'm hopeful he'll drop on of those.
LOL I don't think you need to hope too much for that. Maybe have one more miracle left for the season if I'm lucky.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

AfterFather posted:

I can go tonight.
What time? My wife gets home at 9pm Eastern so I'd need to be done by then, otherwise Wed/Thurs night would be better.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

AfterFather posted:

Can you play tonight?
After 11pm? I should be able to go at 11pm, though the sooner the better. I'm around now, I'm assuming you won't be around until 11 but I'll check the thread just in case.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
South Carolina barely pulled it out against GT last night, winning 21-17.

Both teams had pretty bad offensive games. USC turned the ball over twice fairly early, but GT was getting stopped and had to punt the ball away more often than not it seemed like. GT had the ball late in the 4th with the chance to take the lead and probably win the game, but threw an interception in the red zone to seal their fate.

GG AF!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
JB, I might be able to play tonight (but have another dynasty game that's been waiting longer so it will take precedence), but should be fine to play tomorrow through the weekend in the evenings.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I'm thinking Thursday at 6pm CT. How does that sound?
That should be perfect for me.

I'll also be around a bit during the day today if you happen to be around.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Cletus - I'll be around most of Friday day, and I could do Tuesday or Wednesday night later evening.
I am out of town in Baton Rouge from Thurs to Tues.

What time tonight/tomorrow can you play? I'm also home today during the day if you happen to be around, and would be morning of Thurs also.

Let's see if I can get upset #2 this season!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Okay, just let me know if you do free up tonight. Since I'm leaving tomorrow, I can stay up late tonight.

Otherwise, we can try to do it Tues/Wed night next week. I get back Tues afternoon so that night would be iffy, but might work out.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
OK ZSB - we'll have to wait until I get back. I know I probably don't have much of a shot, but my QB is technically still in the Heisman race and I would like to see your team on the field!

As we get closer to Tuesday, just let me know if you'd be able to play that night and I'll let you know if I can make it. Otherwise, Wednesday night will definitely work.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

cletus is out of town til tuesday
Heading to LSU campus in a minute. Geaux to hell Ole Miss!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Tuesday night is fine by me, and is actually the only time I can play since Formula 1 is Halloween weekend and I've got a bunch of guests arriving starting on Wednesday.
What time works for you? I just got home. I've got a user Madden game that I need to knock out tonight too, so just want to make sure I don't end up with you and my Madden opponent wanting to play at the same time.

edit - the earlier the better, looks like the Madden game may have to be late. Just let me know ASAP when you will be able to geaux.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 28, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Got so much poo poo to do man, ugh I was gonna say later tonight is best, but you've also been travelling. And I'm basically tied up until next Monday with guests and Formula 1 this weekend. Tough spot, but maybe at like 11 CT? If not I dunno man, this game is too important for a sim, but I'd hate to have us stalled for 2+ weeks (although I'll do that if that's how it has to be!).

Possibly Thursday morning might work?
11 CT would be a little tough for me, but MIGHT work. I can try. My Madden game actually is off for tonight now. If you can make it any earlier the chances I'll be around are higher.

Thursday morning, it'd have to be like 7am CT so that we'd be done before I head into work, not sure if that would work for you.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Sigh let's reconvene on Monday. Sorry dudes, ran out of time. Still doing chores.
I'm still online now and can be for a little bit longer if you'll free up soon.

edit - Ok, didn't work out. I might be working from home tomorrow (and possibly Friday and even more over the next few weeks - big iPhone/Android app project that is easier to handle from home than in the office), I can let you know if you still think tomorrow morning would work.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 29, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Well, I am working from home this morning, but for completely different reasons - the NYC Department of Environmental Protection is doing some work on the water main and I got no water service right now!

If you're around and want to do this, let me know. Not sure when the water is coming back.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey ZSB, any update? Still looking at tomorrow night to play?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Possibly tonight, if not certainly Tuesday evening. Been busy with guests all weekend.
Okay - I can be around late tonight. Just let me know in advance if you can. Otherwise I'll look for you tomorrow.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Look for me around 1030-11 CT.
I meant that for last night, but I'll see what I can do about being up late tonight too. If you can move it up any, it'd be better for me, but I'll wait up regardless.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Okay, I'll start looking for you online occasionally starting at 10 CT.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Hokies find themselves to clinch the division with a 49-17 win over GT. Defense gave up yards and a few scores in the 2nd half, but snagged 5 turnovers which helped me build a 35-3 lead at the half. Not sure where the sticky fingers were all season, but they came through to take a bunch of passes away here at the end.
Yeah, you definitely have a tough team. Some of those turnovers were just bad passes because you were getting so much pressure on me, but I swear on one of them I had my guy wide open for a TD and your defender jumped so loving high to pick it off I was just amazed. You got another one on the sideline that I really wasn't expecting either. You stifled my offense more than anyone else has, even if I was able to get some garbage time points.

Was hoping to catch you off guard with that onsides kick to start the 2nd half but you audibled too quickly for me and I didn't want to burn a TO. :) With the way you were driving down the field though, an onsides kick every time wouldn't have been the worst idea for me.

GG! Glad I got to at least give it a try against your squad.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

You got the later onside kick which was just silly, I have never once recovered one. Those 2nd half INTs were a bit crazy. The first tall leap I think if you'd pressed it for a deep lob you'd have been golden cause the CB was completely out of position, but it seemed like the button press turned into a bullet for a comeback maybe? Either way huge ups to snag it, the second one was like a crazy toe tapping sideline thing I wasn't expecting. Usually that just gets ruled OoB, but I was fine with taking it.

Had such trouble stopping the out route, but thankfully the pressure was enough to not let you hit that all day long. And yeah lots of tough passes under pressure, I think once you have a QB with some accuracy you'll be more dangerous (and some better D line). It's tough trying to play GT as a true triple option group.
Yeah, that one tall leaping INT, I think if I had just put a little more touch on it, it would have worked out - but I saw your CB way out of position and just immediately went for it. It's tough to trust lobs with the low accuracy - and especially against a team with more speed on defense than I probably have on offense. The 2nd one I briefly considered challenging but your defender earned it. :)

Looks like somehow even without getting any XP, I've managed a somewhat decent recruiting class - so hopefully things are looking up.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I do feel like I pull off successful jukes more often than anyone I ever play against. I am definitely much better running the ball than throwing it for sure, so I have more practice in the running game. The problem for me (especially against most of you) is getting into enough open space to pull them off.

This is likely the best run I've ever had (sorry Dio):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_pyWcdh9YA

You can see where I am trying to lead both my blocker and the defender in a direction and wait until the last moment to pull off the move. And that spin move that I had to recover from - I wish I could say I have runs like that more often than not. What a beautiful return. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I made my thoughts known on that run in the comments of the video
Haha yeah I guess I have it set to email me any comments so I saw it right away.

GT over UGA, forget the score.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Why does the game feel even faster now?
EA finally released a patch that improves performance, fixes the coach XP bug, and allows for play-offs when setting up dynasties.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Ohh did you ever go for it, the ol' man-eating toaster bit!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a also, forgot to mention earlier.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Looks like everyone has played except you now, ZSB!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

JB, somehow, with no xp, you netted the #4 overall class (pending offseason)...crazy.
loving hackers!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a - going almost all-in on the #1 WR in the country. My only competition is SU - I'm guessing that's Syracuse? I'm worried they've got more off-season points than me (I'm forever stuck at 10k here). I don't know if I should change my points - does GT really need the #1 WR? But I think I'll get some actual XP if I land him, I think it's just "game goals" that I don't get XP from. (since you definitely get bust/gem XP with the coach bug) Ugh. Tough decision.

I have no team needs at this point and definitely came out way better this season in recruiting than in the past.. so gently caress it. I just hope I get him. :(

• Locked thread