Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
I haven't done my stuff yet but that's all my fault so I vote for a 90 minutes delay. But don't mind too much. It really doesn't matter if this dynasty isn't making it at least one more season. What's the verdict on that? I hope it goes forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

Will try to make time to play this weekend, hopefully tomorrow

Same

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Some thoughts:

My defence :negative: . It was so wonderful last year. Noone in my secondary is rated above 90.

My two top WRs are named Davis and have similar numbers. Am I able to change their numbers?

Q. Davis finally gave me my first kick return TD. I'm not sure what Cletus(?) meant by beast mode but he's nice to have.

Fields can at least get kickoffs past the goalline now :woot: but I still may squib against JB since you usually net a TD on kickoffs off me when I have a good leg.

I was going to try and collude with Z over the top two QBs so we each only target one and are garunteed one, but the guy I preferred instacomitted so I guess I'm off to a good recruiting start :downs: .

Despite not having points in recruiting JB still has the #1 team 3 and 4 years out. That's some serious depth.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

I'm about to start mine here shortly

EDIT: Done. R2A. I simmed all of my defensive plays so ECU rang up 450 yards passing, which is a little concerning...
I dropped 475 rushing yards on them though. My backup HB went off for 175 yds and 3 TDs and in the process I noticed the dude is 6'5" 225lbs. He looks like goddamn menace trucking up the sidelines

Isn't that WR size? I mean with pads height is really the only anthroprometric you'd notice a change on in this game but I would think a RB that tall and that "light" wouldn't go far. That being said I haven't noticed weight to matter in the game although height is good for tipping passes at the line and going up to grab them down field.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Yeah Mr. Commish missed user fames against the top two countries teams. Shouldn't matter if someone runs the table due to strength of schedule but otherwise... Oh well ACCCG is the only game that matters amirite?

Edit: not that I've ever made it

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

I might do that. Playing with Virginia now was driving me insane.

South car has to be decent right? Come back.

UNC r2a, I have no game this week correct? I don't trust the online client.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
AF when do you want to go? Are you available any late morning to early afternoon types? If not I think that late late evening/super early morning time makes the most sense.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Huh I thought I replied to this. I could go sometime between 1300 and 1600 today or 2359 tonight, eastern.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Some time tonight AF? Maybe after my B1G game?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

Lets aim for Sunday. I'll have free time then.

Will you be able to go at 2pm eastern?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC over SoCar 48 to 7. Everyone went on insane mode for me. Q Davis always was able to outrun his coverage, TJ Logan would regularly break a tackle or two, and my O line could hold blocks seemingly indefinitely.

AF, I up your depth chart just now and noticed your best WRs are buried at 4th and 5th string. That may have been part of the reason why my guys held their coverage so tight.

edit: and sorry for that last TD before the half. I was trying to call a hurry up so I could spike the ball but it wouldnt let me for some reason.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Texas, when can you go? I am stateside for a little while so have more normal playing times and am free most days all day.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Im around most of the day today if you wanna go.

Could you go at 1300 or 1330 eastern? If not name a time this evening.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC wins a nail bitter against BC in the rain 27-24. Haven't had one of my patented game wining time expiring field goals in a while. Technically I had to onside kick the ball after the FG. Good game Texas. You were sneaky in that game: I thought I was crusing until you got that late game stop. Tough decision for you at the end of the game.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Wait, how did you nab that 6th prestige star Dio? I've thought I've always had better bowls than you. Did my losing the NCG really cost me a star? My recruiting classes could be so much better...

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Logged on to see 8 new posts figured we had an advance or an epic game played. :dissapointed:

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Dubious you work normal hours Pacific time right? I'm back in Italy now so I bet sometime this weekend would work best.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Paging Dr Dubious. Would 2 AM eastern tonight work?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Dubious posted:

Hey, sorry. Been busy and sick the last few days. I'm probably gonna drop this dynasty, i have too many leagues going on with madden out now and commishing two leagues there, with 3 here, is just too much football and i'm not very invested in this one.

That, and a midnight game time is a no go for me tonight.

No worries. I'm impressed you managed five at all with a fiance. If you want to give it a try I can go most of tomorrow but it'd have to be before 230pm eastern.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Well I'm glad I got that against the computer as EA seemed intent on not letting me move the ball on offense. Ended up benching Gibson the inaccurate little poo poo.

edit: oh and I think we are R2A.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Aug 30, 2014

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Cletus, any chance you can play today? I could start as late as 4PM eastern.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Same deal today and tomorrow cletus, any time before 4 eastern

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

Hey sorry don't think I posted this in this thread, but I'm in Maine on vacation until Wednesday night.

Sounds good. Let me know when you can go this weekend. Morning and afternoon work better for me.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

These are my potential times during the week:

- this afternoon (before 4pm Eastern would be best)
- tomorrow during the day (after around 11am Eastern on)

Weekend I should be fine, especially on mornings. I don't think my wife has anything planned for us for the weekend, but that could change. We did just get back from a 5 day trip to Maine so hopefully I can relax and watch/play football all weekend!

Just saw this, I could go at 415 eastern today probably. We just received our household goods (finally) and I think I could get it set up properly in time.

Otherwise I'd say tomorrow sometime like 4 or 5 whenever we get back from an event.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

5pm Eastern will probably be better for me, but if you're around at 4pm I might be available if you want to check. I just have my 360 on while I work so I'd see you get online if I'm not in the middle of a project.

We are leaving now, I will probably be ready to go at 1645 if that's OK.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
:negative: worst loss ever. Tried to spike at the end but wasn't allowed. ugh.

edit: Not to take anything away from you. You played a hell of a game and your conversions were soul crushing. Hate to lose due to a opponents superior clock management but I guess I've had that coming for a while.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Mother...the one person I have yet to beat with any team in this year's iteration of NCAA. I can play most anytime today (Italy time). The latest I'd want any of our games to start would be 3PM eastern. I can go back to back if you'd like.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

The Notorious ZSB posted:

We can def go back to back starting around noon ET? Gonna play JB in the SEC then we can knock our games out in whatever order.

I've had a good run with 14 to be sure. I've suffered my fair share of poo poo years though 10/11 were rough, poo poo 12 was not kind to me about them curls.

See you then, Let's start with B1G game.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Z, I tend to get home noon Eastern and could start a game as late as 3. On Saturday same deal but I'm available whenever you wake up.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Sly - Any chance we could play tomorrow around 11:30 AM ET?

Maybe. I'll let you know probably right before depending on when I get out of work

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I'm allowed to play if you are

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Could maybe work, again I should be able to go after 11AM eastern on the weekends. Alternatively I could go anytime today before the games start.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
1130 Tuesday should work for me.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
USC over VT 28-27 in a hell of a game. UNC scores with 18 seconds left on 4th and goal from the 3. Messed up that last timeout but at least it didn't burn me.

It keeps telling me that the servers are down and I can't upload the results...are you able?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

The Piper posted:

Nice win, Sly! Now I need you to beat Dio!

The Coastal standings are so packed I have no idea who controls their destiny there. I think JB does because his only ACC loss was to an ACC Atlantic squad.

Wreckus, when can you play?

JB is the only one to control his destiny. Cletus has to play VT and Miami still so I'm hopeful he'll drop on of those.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

gently caress I always blow my big games to sly

Well we are up now. I worry that (like cletus) every year it seems like you close the gap so this could be it. When do you want to go? I imagine this weekend would work best unless you can play noonish.

Edit: what's the game's algebra in the not unforeseeable circumstance where we have an iron triangle?

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 17, 2014

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Highest BCS Rank. Which means I still have a good shot to end up close to the top.

This was my first regular season loss with VT, 42 consecutive regular season games before a loss. I dare y'all to beat that.

Nevermind, with the losses to Atlantic teams, I don't see how this happens. Maybe a complicated finale like coastal irl last year.

Well I'm at 1 consecutive win so...

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

So when do you want to try for, buddy?

I could do 2359 tomorrow, (like 24 hours from this posting) or more preferred would be Saturday before the games start.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I can't do eastern evenings due to the time zone difference. I'll be up at 730 eastern and can play then. If for whatever reason it doesn't work out, I should be good tomorrow morning as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC blanks NC State 42-0. Nothing went right for the Wolfpack who would string together drives but then give the ball up just outside of the redzone. Sorry for taking that pick back at the end, I rarely get defensive touchdowns against users and I just wanted to grab one seeing as it basically fell into my lap.

Looks like all I have left is JB in 3 weeks and baring a large number of upsets...that should determine the coastal.

• Locked thread