Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I have a feeling that Simeone's Atletico are one of those teams where the players can never reach the same level again once they leave (Courtrois excepted)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Athletic recently played a guy born to Angolan(?) parents in Bilbao so at least they're only xenophobic, not racist

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Nothing really sucks if you live in the district where the Bernabeu is, except perhaps when your Moroccan maid demands to be paid a sustainable salary

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I'm convinced Gerry Godmadehim is a secret Englishman. He goes against everything La Masia teaches.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Gareth please, an Alice band and a widow's peak isn't a good combo

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Do you reckon Onion Rodriguez hates being called Onion Rodriguez

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Congratulations to the Barnsley of Spain

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

NattyBo posted:

That Bale goal was outrageous.

Does he speak Spanish yet?

He mumbled a few prepared lines when he was first unveiled, which already puts him above Beckham at least

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Three quarters of the teams in this league are so loving bad

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Atletico making it a little too obvious. You're supposed to keep it close until well into the second half you amateurs!

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

6'1 in Chile is like 8 feet tall in the rest of the world. Why isnt this keeper playing basketball or travelling around with the circus???

They must be using WWE measurements

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
They couldn't afford him. It'll be Pepe Mel or comedy option Sabella

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

euroboy posted:

Real Madrid are leading the race to sign Norwegian wonderkid Martin Ødegaard. He and his dead visited their training ground today and he's been offered a place in the first team squad already and not an academy contract.

He should just sign with Getafe directly and save the disappointment

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
At least he probably won't spend every weekend hammered in the clubs of San Sebastian like the last British manager they had

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Those two drubbings in the Champions League last season must have left an impression.

It's sad how insignificant his achievements with Everton look now. "He took over Everton in 2002 and led them to...upper mid table"

Edit: actually that was Leverkusen, Sociedad was 1-0 and 0-0. Strange.

Monday Bandele fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Nov 11, 2014

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Reminder that the David Moyez era starts tonight. It's a cold rainy night in Galicia so he should feel right at home.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

trem_two posted:

There are reports that a Depor supporter was killed today by Atletico supporters after being beaten and then thrown into the Manzanares river.

Well that's a little disingenuous, early reports are saying it was an oldfashioned pre arranged scuffle between hoolie groups

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Cosmin Contra, whose Getafe shut out Barca at the weekend, has left to be the assistant manager at Guangzhou in China. Apparently they offered him 10x more than his salary at Getafe.

Spain.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Spain robs us, so we rob Africa and South America

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Alan Hutton moonlighted while on holiday in Mallorca a couple of years ago

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
If Bale weren't so selfish this wouldn't have happened

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Real Madrid won the Champions League with Comic Sans on the back of their shirts

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Just watched Moyes's Real Sociedad fight back to win 4-3 against a vastly more talented Sevilla. Best La Liga game I've seen in a while. Well, most entertaining.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Jose posted:

Can anyone tell me if Paco Jemez is any good? Smeef supports Rayo I think?

He basically tries to emulate Pep's Barcelona with poo poo players, ie pressing high up and always playing the ball out from the back no matter what. This leads to some unexpected wins but also some hilarious defensive mistakes and 6 or 7 goal losses against the top teams.

Probably wouldn't be as effective in the Premier League where everyone presses anyway, and especially not with Newcastle's malcontents.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

El Hefe posted:

I love Florentino Perez and I hope he stays as RM president for 20 more years.

It'll be difficult to do that from prison but I'm sure he'll find a way

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
You can tell this isn't the Bilbao of past years, about 4 opportunities for a a swift kick to the legs were missed

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Take this moment to appreciate Xavi and look back on his most memorable moments, like that sideways pass he did, and the other one, and, er,

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Barca were pretty unconvincing through the first half of the season. Messi being mardy, Luis Enrique on the verge of the sack...losing to Moyes was the moment they started to turn it around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Girona, perhaps best known to disgruntled Ryanair flyers as Barcelona (Girona), has just choked unbeliveably in the promotion playoffs. Going in having won 3-0 away at Zaragoza, they then lost 1-4 at home. This is on top of conceding in the 90th minute in the final game of the season to miss out on automatic promotion.

The promotion playoffs are the most entertaining matches in Spanish league by far.

• Locked thread