Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

The problem is that there are a lot of other rosters with serious issues too and despite the low ratings of some key players, this roster is accurate and very good otherwise. With this method I can just make 20 mins worth of roster edits rather than making people replay games or me having go reset schedules again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

The problem is that there are a lot of other rosters with serious issues too and despite the low ratings of some key players, this roster is accurate and very good otherwise. With this method I can just make 20 mins worth of roster edits rather than making people replay games or me having go reset schedules again

I understand man. Like I said I'm ready to rock regardless.

Changing the difficulty to AA will help so I vote to leave as is if we're going to continue with these rosters.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Rosters are fine, I can live with that.

Vols lose 31-28 I've played 5 times and lost by a FG everytime so whatever. Let's just drop the CPU down to AA and call it a day.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I dropped it to AA at like 6pm est so if you played last night you lost on AA

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I dropped it to AA at like 6pm est so if you played last night you lost on AA

Updates like that doesn't take effect until the advance so yeah. You did, but it won't affect anyone until week 2. Why EA made a system where any global changes aren't reflected until the entire file is reuploaded is beyond me.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Wow, that does not surprise me

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Hey Dio, got a new player who joined up as Arky. He was saying the GroupMe link wasn't working anymore, though it seems to work for me. I'll check with him again and see if we can figure that out.

His GT is WeenisWrinkle04.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Cool, I'll update the op when i get a chance

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Wow, that does not surprise me

Nothing does anymore with this game. I'm still fine with it, just don't want to try again and waste another hour where the CPU cheats its way to the W.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

If need be I can wipe it and see if a sim does ya better. Probably not advancing tonight. I have a potential hernia and have to seek medical attention

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I'm fine with waiting a couple of days to give Wreckus a chance to join and get his first game in. I think one of the guys from GroupMe was out of town until the weekend also?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

If need be I can wipe it and see if a sim does ya better. Probably not advancing tonight. I have a potential hernia and have to seek medical attention

I literally do not think a sim would be more favorable. At least my stat lines looked okay despite the L, I assume UNR vs #12 will result in some lopsided disaster so it's fine. I will have plenty of time to recover (and still lose 5 or 6 more games).

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I had to leave work early because of the hernia so if you guys want me to advance I can do that today

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

TEXAS A. WRECKUS, I am only going to hold Auburn for you through the weekend, so I hope you appear before that.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I'll be joining up for the fun. Not sure what team I'm taking yet, I'd like Auburn if it gets released. Otherwise, whatever team has a decent QB with 85+ SPD (I don't know which roster you're running)

GT is Dubious28SS

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Dubious, if we don't hear from Wreckus tonight you can claim Auburn in the morning and he can make a new selection. Not going to make you have to take a second tier team when we've been up and running for a bit

I advanced this morning, will update w matchups

CPU games
UT vs #6 Miami
Vandy vs #12 Clemson
#2 Bama vs VT
Ark vs FCS East
#1 UF vs EMU
#13 LSU vs #7 tOSU
TAMU vs #19 Texas

Our first user game
USCe vs #3 UGA

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 1, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Alabama over Virginia Tech 55-0

Virginia Tech only had 118 Yards of Total Offense during the entire game. Most of that came on their last drive. Michael Brewer is an awful Quarterback who I thought was still at Texas Tech.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So who owns GA and how do I get a hold of 'em?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

You can join the groupme chat or you can message them on xbl or you can request that one of us in xbl get other contact info. They can see the thread. Just can't respond. Groupme, which may of us are using, is like doing a group SMS so response time is usually good

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

JB, Georgia says that the earliest he can go is Sunday night because he went out of town this weekend

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
LSU over Ohio State, 63-17

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols get a W on the board with a 37-35 win over #6 Miami. Gonna be a rough year.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Georgia guy, let's try for 9pm CST on Sunday.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Dubious, you can take Auburn if you'd like

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

JB, 9 ct is good for UGA

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Diodeous posted:

Dubious, you can take Auburn if you'd like

sweet, can you send an invite and ill accept it tonight

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Invite is sent buddy

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 3, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Auburn over Ark state 41-7, R2A

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Venom, I'm logging in now

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

GA downs USCe 35-28 in a game that was pretty close and crazy.

My team could've easily rolled over and played dead after my starting QB got hurt in the first quarter (out for 8 weeks), but I was able to make some things happen. I even had the lead going into the second half. The events that followed can really be attributed to either EA magic or team ratings. Gurley became unstoppable in the second half and converted literally every short yardage run for a first down. There was a play midway in the 4th on 3rd down in which he broke two tackles to get the first. I would've been there to at least slow him if it wasn't for the horrible lag that popped up late in the game. I think the biggest heartbreaker though was that TD drop by my WR on 4th down. He had clearly beaten his guy and just DROPPED it.

Venom called a nice offensive game and ran really well. Welcome to the dynasty, bud.

E: Actually Venom played well offensively overall. There was nifty catch-and-run he had that made the score even harder to reach.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 4, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We will advance when I get home from work this evening

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We have advanced.

Bama at TAMU
Vandy at USCe

TAMU and Vandy are available through groupme or Cletus and I can relay messages. Their GTs are also in the OP

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
So can I still join, just not as Auburn I guess?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

One hundred percent. Dynasty name is NerdcityUSA and pass is smokeweed

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
LSU over Arizona State, 77-28.

QB Harris and HB Fournette both went out early to concussions. Ended up playing WR Diarse at QB in the 4th, he was able to both pass for and catch a TD in the game.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Diodeous posted:

One hundred percent. Dynasty name is NerdcityUSA and pass is smokeweed

Yeah I accepted the invite, just noticed Auburn was gone. Read back thru the thread and saw it was relinquished. I'll join as Mizzou.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Auburn over Miss State 41-18. Had a tough first half but made a nice drive to tie it at 10 as the clock expired and Miss St unraveled in the 2nd half as Artis-Payne couldn't be stopped on the ground and Hamilton got his passing groove on.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Lzkilla, I'm usually available 6-9pm CT during a week. Could you go Wednesday or Thursday?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

JB I've relayed your message and will let you know their response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

JB, vandy says 7pm cst on Thursday is good for them

• Locked thread