Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
i like pink floyd but if you listen to them regularly you're either under 14 or over 40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Or you know, you just like a band that plays music :confused:

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax
pink floyd is okay if you're 16

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I'm 26 and listen to pink floyd semi regularly

the wall is real good, I used to hate it/think it was stupid self indulgent wank but boy was I right but it's still good anyway

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nF1eX2TmjY

AgrippaNothing
Feb 11, 2006

When flying, please wear a suit and tie just like me.
Just upholding the social conntract!

NiceGuy posted:

I went to see Roger Waters perform The Wall at Fenway. It was pretty much one of the best theatrical experiences I've ever been to.

I know it's not actually Pink Floyd but they fuckin own anyway

great show.

Also The Final Cut is a really great album. Especially in this day and age where the world has seemingly lost its loving mind.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Obscured by clouds is p good but I don't get high anymore op

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Aristotle Animes posted:

Also The Final Cut is a really great album. Especially in this day and age where the world has seemingly lost its loving mind.

The final cut makes me want to kill myself. It's good music but the loving tone is so depressing that it makes me want to die.

i feel thats what waters was going for so good job on his part.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
bitter depressing pink floyd is the only worthwhile pink floyd

Anime is great!
Sep 14, 2007

piper is a cool album

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Anime is great! posted:

piper is a cool album

No kidding. I had somehow got it into my head that it was going to be embarrassingly dated faux-psychedelic rock, like an album worth of "Incense and Peppermints". Completely wrong. There was a point where I listened to it straight through, start to finish, every morning for an entire week. It was my little ritual. loving terrific album.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

a band for old people and young people who refuse to dig into modern music

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Whorelord posted:

a band for old people and young people who refuse to dig into modern music

Look, I'm not saying they stack up against Rick Ross or Carly Rae Jepsen, but they're still pretty solid OK?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Of all the noted bands in all the world since the sixties, I have never felt the need to seek out anything Pink Floyd have done, it just seemed like it was a band loved by chin-stroking wankers, and really old chin-stroking wankers. Perhaps I am missing out but I doubt it.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
if you dont like sitting alone inj your room doing drugs and listening to music you will never get into pink floyd

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

all in all you're just a-nother butt at the wall

AgrippaNothing
Feb 11, 2006

When flying, please wear a suit and tie just like me.
Just upholding the social conntract!

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

if you dont like sitting alone inj your room doing drugs and listening to music you will never get into pink floyd

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

I dunno i haven't touched any drugs for 2 years now and i only recently starting loving hard on the floyd

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I would like to thank pink floyd in being another of many bands with a rare, expensive, long out of print, popular vinyl release who then does a totally over priced reissue full of unnecessary doodads which does nothing to address the original issue of "it costs too much money to enjoy this piece of music"

$40 and up division bell rerelease? Eat a dick you money hungry hippies.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Vinyl is expensive and overpriced, what a shock because that's definitely not the norm. I saw a Random Access Memories vinyl retailing for $35 once.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
pink floyd is a cool guy

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Pink Floyd gets really old really quick if you listen to them for a long time. I was super into them years ago but can barely stomach any of their work now. Piper is a fun listen every once and a while, and that breakfast song on AHM. But that's about it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Best song that isn't on Piper at the Gates of Dawn

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

this is 1979, you are sixteen years old, stoned, and sso much more intelligent than the sheep who dont understand what slaves they are listening to the bee gees

Bee Gees are unironically good :goonsay:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Yes they do

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRXPE9QyxvE

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
please tell me more about what music i am and am not allowed to listen to at various ages in my life

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Ferid posted:

please tell me more about what music i am and am not allowed to listen to at various ages in my life

Right now you are still in the window of being allowed to like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYmlqVWvjiI but not for long. Soon, this will be your only music choice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HfIQnDDL8o

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Being a Pink Floyd fan is like one marginal step above being a Beatles fan and one step below Led Zeppelin in terms of misguided pretentiousness over well known classic rock bands.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Queen is the loving worst though

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60cHJgdUkko

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
i listened to most of the pink floyd albums a million times when i was 16, but twenty years later the only one i still go back to sometimes when i'm drunk is animals

do planetariums still do floyd laser light shows? do planetariums still exist?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

i listened to most of the pink floyd albums a million times when i was 16, but twenty years later the only one i still go back to sometimes when i'm drunk is animals

The Douglas Theater in Macon does laser Floyd about once a year, I believe. I know I've gone to two of them.

egon_beeblebrox fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 29, 2014

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

I went to one in like 2005 in Mississippi. It was crap, like most things in Mississippi.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

facebook jihad posted:

I went to one in like 2005 in Mississippi. It was crap, like most things in Mississippi.

they allow heliocentrism in mississippi?

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 686 days!)

roger waters is a poon

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Of all the Pink Floyd albums Atom Heart Mother and Ummagamma were definitely the ones I listened to the least. Echoes was pretty good.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
wish you were here is both the best album and best song. it's good

also if you refuse to listen to music just because you're worried about looking pretentious or w/e you're a human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 686 days!)

an example of a roger waters song would be a song where he cries about his daddy dying in ww2 (all of them)

• Locked thread