Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Das Boo posted:

Wonderwoman's outfit is dumb, but so is Wonderwoman.
Seriously, her comics suck.

golden age wonder woman is just a dudes bondage fatnasies it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Effectronica posted:

as in "this character needs to be fat and also ugly" supposedly under the guise of feminism, but really for shlick purposes

I knew you werent talking about clear fat. That would be weird.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

NObodiesGeek posted:

I applaud your effort effectronica. I'd also like to give a shout out to the 2 or 3 goons with reading skills who realize this thread isn't about their personal opinions on comics but the OPs expert opinion on what she shouldn't be wearing and not offering a counter example of what she should be wearing.
Post the pic OP.

I posted so hard at him it broke his computer. It happens.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Literally The Worst posted:

golden age wonder woman is just a dudes bondage fatnasies it owns

seirously its the msot transparent personal wank fodder ever its nuts

also the dumbest part about that costume is how it looks like lovely metallic painted rubber even in a hella edited publicity photo

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
its a bad costume but not form the reasons op says

op is bad

also, everything is bad

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Copley Depot posted:

also, everything is bad

now, this I can agree with!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
gently caress those guys for making a Wonder Woman costume look like a Wonder Woman costume.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The whole movie should be more like a Betty Page bondage film.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Guys the costume is fine Zach Snyder is just incapable of filming without a sepia filter.

(edit)

vvv Yes I can see where the Giant WW on her belt and structured bodice like every wonder woman outfit ever would be confusing.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 27, 2014

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

It's okay, but it just doesn't look like Wonder Woman at all. More like some kind of gladiator.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

CubanMissile posted:

gently caress those guys for making a Wonder Woman costume look like a Wonder Woman costume.

I didn't see any bright blue booty shorts, though.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't have given her heels and I would have given her some leggings and made the armor go down a little bit to actually be helpful as armor.

CubanMissile posted:

Whatever the character was created in a really sexist time there's no reason we can't update it a little bit.

In the end they're just loving themselves out of money though because they aren't attracting the women demographic as much as they could be. A wonder woman movie with a good empowered wonder woman in a not stripper outfit could do really well.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jscolon2.0 posted:

I didn't see any bright blue booty shorts, though.

That's why we're mad, dammit!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

I wouldn't have given her heels and I would have given her some leggings and made the armor go down a little bit to actually be helpful as armor.

Whatever the character was created in a really sexist time there's no reason we can't update it a little bit.

In the end they're just loving themselves out of money though because they aren't attracting the women demographic as much as they could be. A wonder woman movie with a good empowered wonder woman in a not stripper outfit could do really well.

The Avengers is like the 3rd grossing movie of all time and I don't think Scarlet Johanson in a boobtacular jumpsuit hurt their sales very much.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

The Avengers is like the 3rd grossing movie of all time and I don't think Scarlet Johanson in a boobtacular jumpsuit hurt their sales very much.

Well how would you know? Maybe it could have been THE most grossing movie of all time.

I was talking about a Wonder Woman movie though.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
wonderwomans superweakness is being tied up which if u really think about it is the same weakness that all women have :shrug:

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
The highest grossing movie was Avatar and that had a whole race of giant blue sex elves. In the 2nd highest, Titanic, there's that whole Kate Winslet scene.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
hey to tie this in with poo poo that matters both blockbuster ensemble superhero movies, Avengers 2 and BvS:DoJ will feature actresses who are pro-Israel scum: ScarJo who gave up being a loving Oxfam ambassador over exploitation soda, and Gal Gadot who is literally Miss Israel and is standing proud next to her Israeli brothers and sisters as they blow up kids

naem
May 29, 2011

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

sure. But the costume ain't that bad. She looks like a Greek warrior. Ya know, an amazon.

Isn't the amazon in brazil

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

naem posted:

Isn't the amazon in brazil

the river is.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

13Pandora13 posted:

Guys the costume is fine Zach Snyder is just incapable of filming without a sepia filter.
I hope the movie gets other colors besides poo poo brown.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

First Bass posted:

hey to tie this in with poo poo that matters both blockbuster ensemble superhero movies, Avengers 2 and BvS:DoJ will feature actresses who are pro-Israel scum: ScarJo who gave up being a loving Oxfam ambassador over exploitation soda, and Gal Gadot who is literally Miss Israel and is standing proud next to her Israeli brothers and sisters as they blow up kids

hollywood ... full of zionists?!?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Moridin920 posted:

A wonder woman movie with a good empowered wonder woman in a not stripper outfit could do really well.

Actually it couldn't. That's why the don't do it. SJW money doesn't amount to poo poo. Same thing applies to the men. Notice how Hugh Jackman gets more steroid-addled and less hairy every time he plays Wolverine?

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 27, 2014

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cream_Filling posted:

hollywood ... full of zionists?!?

at one point maybe. I don't think it is anymore

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

i watched the redlettermedia review of tjhis last night it owned

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I remember people talking about Zack Snyder back when 300 came out and people were saying how he's such a great visual director and oh wow I wonder what the deeper implications of all these edits and visual decisions means but then in an interview he revealed his thought process to be just what he thinks would look really cool and that's how he informs his directing.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Man I forgot how silly those batman and robin costumes looked

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Dirty Job posted:

I remember people talking about Zack Snyder back when 300 came out and people were saying how he's such a great visual director and oh wow I wonder what the deeper implications of all these edits and visual decisions means but then in an interview he revealed his thought process to be just what he thinks would look really cool and that's how he informs his directing.

So at least he's not a liar like most directors.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

So at least he's not a liar like most directors.

it did look cool

naem
May 29, 2011

She looks like cute girlfriend material and not superhero-y. Everybody's all ripped now in movies even if it's a comedy

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
zack snyder is a grown-up version of the kind of kid who mashed his toy soldiers/action figures together but made really hosed up narratives surrounding it, with implications he might pull the wings off flies or torture squirrels out behind the shed

so he's sid

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

the costume in the OP is pretty bad, not so much the "boob armor" thing as the awful color scheme

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
She shouldn't expose so much skin if she's all about melee fighting. Maybe she could wear a jacket that could provide more protection for her arms than running around sleeveless.

Also why does she have to wear a skirt? It's tyool 2014 ffs give the woman a pair of pants like the other two.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This kind of whining has never endeared or inspired any poo poo giving. A superhero... to sell sex... i am shocked

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Snyder does female characters with about the subtlety and development as Frank Miller and I really don't know why anyone is surprised by this. Did none of you see or at least hear about Sucker Punch?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
seriusly though if its going to be all grimdark and colorless and up its rear end they coudl at least make the costume look realistic

otherwise go nuts with the boobplates and whatever but put some loving color and fun in there jesus christ

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
She's wearing Greek armor. A copper breastplate and leather. Maybe it should cover her arms, but she's a goddam princess. She wears what she wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

She's wearing Greek armor. A copper breastplate and leather. Maybe it should cover her arms, but she's a goddam princess. She wears what she wants

greeks wore bronze

• Locked thread