Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
I think I'm done with super hero movies. I liked the first two x-man movies and the first two spiderman movies well enough. The last superhero flick I saw was The Dark Knight Rises I think. I could maybe summarize the movie/film if I put the effort in. It really had no lasting effect on me. I took almost nothing away from the movie after spending like $10 per ticket for me and my wife. Many people gushed over the avengers but my wife and I literally fell asleep while watching it at home. Since then we've had poo poo like Thor, captain america etc that I just don't feel the need to see. besides the "good guys" always win in the end with almost no new development in the genre. There's no interesting cinematic curve ball that could be thrown into a modern comic book movie that would make the movie worth while. Honestly my wife and I rarely if ever go to the movies unless we know we are genuinely interested. We have gift cards we are sitting on because there is nothing but utter poo poo in the box office. The films we want to actually see, such as Snowpiercer or Under the Skin, wont be playing in my neighborhood theaters. As a whole I think this summers offering of movies was terrible. Generally, as an approximately thirty year old adult, I feel that I just don't need to see super hero movies any more. I think Hollywood needs to give the comic book universe a rest. Whats left to do anyway? loving Ant-Man?

edit: The Wolverine was ok too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TL:DR your giant wall of text.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
:words:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i didn't read that but please subscribe to my podcast. @dolphin on twitter or whatever address makes sense for a podcast i don't know what a podcast is

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

I want to have a serious discussion about super hero movies

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
reading the op would have been a waste of time glad i did not do that

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Piearesquared posted:

lol

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
if you really think about it everything is a waste of time

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Piearesquared posted:

I think I'm done with super hero movies. I liked the first two x-man movies and the first two spiderman movies well enough. The last superhero flick I saw was The Dark Knight Rises I think. I could maybe summarize the movie/film if I put the effort in. It really had no lasting effect on me. I took almost nothing away from the movie after spending like $10 per ticket for me and my wife. Many people gushed over the avengers but my wife and I literally fell asleep while watching it at home. Since then we've had poo poo like Thor, captain america etc that I just don't feel the need to see. besides the "good guys" always win in the end with almost no new development in the genre. There's no interesting cinematic curve ball that could be thrown into a modern comic book movie that would make the movie worth while. Honestly my wife and I rarely if ever go to the movies unless we know we are genuinely interested. We have gift cards we are sitting on because there is nothing but utter poo poo in the box office. The films we want to actually see, such as Snowpiercer or Under the Skin, wont be playing in my neighborhood theaters. As a whole I think this summers offering of movies was terrible. Generally, as an approximately thirty year old adult, I feel that I just don't need to see super hero movies any more. I think Hollywood needs to give the comic book universe a rest. Whats left to do anyway? loving Ant-Man?

Didn't read a word op, but I'm guessing you should probably kill yourself.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

circ dick soleil posted:

if you really think about it everything is a waste of time
or nothing :ghost:

makes you think

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I agree that The Wolverine was good op

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
same, OP.

Except I didn't spend money on them in the first place.

Dubsy
Jul 17, 2014

I gave up on superhero movies after ironman kicked the poo poo out of mickey rourke in 30 seconds after all the build up
avengers was rear end too, you know nothing bad is ultimately going to happen to the avengers which is weak imo

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

same, OP.

Except I didn't spend money on them in the first place.

did you torrent them? you movie theif!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Dubsy posted:

avengers was rear end too, you know nothing bad is ultimately going to happen to the avengers which is weak imo

this is why raiders of the lost ark was trash

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

just watched The Raid 2. now that was a fuckin movie.

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
Superhero movies are so abundant because it has all the loud CGI action that foreign audiences eat up. Blame China.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

and the west being destroyed by foreign aliens

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I normally teach prisoners how to read while I watch a superhero movie so it's not a complete waste of time.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tiler Kiwi posted:

reading the op would have been a waste of time glad i did not do that

The Flash tried to read that OP and was like "nope, I don't have enough time for that"

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
days of future past was pretty good op i think you should watch that

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kirk Johnson posted:

"...and they've declared a 24 hour ceasefire but there are over 1000 dead now, almost entirely civilians. I saw an imgur gallery of an entire family wiped out in their home and yet the world just stands by and does nothing, trying to equivocate between both sides. It's loving disgusting. Makes you want to put your foot through the TV what's going on over there and the loving cowardice from politicians when it comes to saying anything about it! 1000 people dead!"

"Yeah, that's pretty hosed up."

"It's a disgrace."

"....Mmmm. Hey, but you know what really loving infuriates me?"

"What?"

"These boob armors in video games, man..."

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
whores only gently caress for money or drugs. sometimes office furniture.

fyi

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Piearesquared posted:

fuvked up if true

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
of course they are. all movies are a waste of time. As long as you enjoyed that waste, who cares?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Ant-Man is posed to tap into the MRA demo like crazy, ant-man t-shirts, ant-man bumper stickers, ant-man ati-talking back brass knuckles.

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.
If you don't like those movies and have already decided to stop watching them then what's the problem? Can other people not be allowed to enjoy them? If your opinion has enough sway in Hollywood to convince them to stop making the movies you and your wife don't like than what would you have them make instead?

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
your wife sounds like a human being

joxxuh
May 20, 2011
why would a supposedly adult person watch movies based on children's comic books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
*lies in bed alone. Never does feels anything. Dies.*

Heh. Plebs.

• Locked thread