Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RichardGamingo
Mar 3, 2014
I know it's dumb to sign my posts, but I can't stop no matter how many times I'm told, because I'm really stupid and I want to make sure that shines through in everything I do and say, forever.

Best Regards,
RG
The book is overrated and yet there it was on the bestseller list.

Did you know that,
"By issuing warnings based on vulnerability --that is, subtractive prophecy-- we are closer to the original role of the prophet: to warn, not necessarily to predict, and to predict calaities if people don't listen."

"Soul in the Game
There is a class of people who escape bureucrato-journalistic "tawk": those who have more than their skin in the game. They have their soul in the game."

"I also learned something quite amusing from the episode. My book was mistekenly submitted to four referees, all four of them academic financial economists instead of "quants" (quantitative analysts who work in finance using mathematical models). The person who made the submissions wasn't quite aware of the difference. The four academics rejected my book, interestingly, for four sets of completely different reasons, with absolutely no intersection in their arguments. We practitioners and quants aren't too fazed by remarks on the part of academics -- it would be like protitutes listening to technical commentary by nuns."

So what?

Best Regards,
RG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
Have you also read black swan or fooled by randomness?

i liked fooled by randomness, i ended up reading his book on exotic/vanilla options after

• Locked thread