Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Daleks look dumb, this episode would've the best time to retire them, but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Jsor posted:

This makes me believe that Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was just the story of two Cybermen with wild imaginations who stole the TARDIS.

Of course it was.

Nah, Robot Bill and Ted look too good to be Cybermen.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 28, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

On one hand, I was looking forward to the LMS S4 thread. On the other hand, you're probably right and it's too tired and was never going to be as good as the S2/3 thread.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Im not in the business but I think there's more money in remakes than airing a show owned by a foreign company, so its not silly from a suit's perspective.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 9, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Gridlock is good, but you have to accept the silliness of everyone electing to live in their cars for years instead of walking and roll with it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

MikeJF posted:

Regarding The Gay Stuff, this episode loving pissed me off on that front because in the process of being unsubtle about it, RTD managed to inadvertently be counterproductive; Cat Man apparently doesn't like to admit that the two nice old lesbians are two nice old lesbians, thus making the incredibly depressing prediction that homosexuality being regarded as weird and not normal will still be around and remembered to some degree five loving billion years from now. THANKS, RTD, THAT'S AWESOME.

Let's say all future humans regard it as normal, but cat people are really conservative. Cat people message boards are like Free Republic.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 15, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I wonder if cat people apartments are leveled, like those cat houses you can buy for your cats.

And the walls are carpeted.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

So there's enough empty space inside a Dalek shell to fit a whole man with a big Dalek penis-head?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

"Let's live in this slum and slowly die because we can't even afford food."
"Okay, but only if we can buy and somehow maintain a large number of firearms as well."
"Seems reasonable."
America!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I wonder how much better Season 3 would've been if they had entirely removed the whole "Martha's unrequited love :qq:" aspect.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The little dance that the Master's "wife" is doing in the background during the music scene made me laugh a little.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jurgan posted:

Yeah, that's a bit troublesome. I handwave it away by saying that Saxon allied himself with one of the parties and used his force of personality to get people to vote for his party, with the understanding that they'd elect him prime minister if they got a majority.

He probably just made up his own party with himself as leader, he's mind-controlling everybody anyway.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't really know what a grit is either, but I'm a Californian.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

BSam posted:

It's all good, slow down a bit. It will give you more time to watch Torchwood.

Man, I watched some of that recently because I'd never seen it before and somebody said it was silly, but I thought it's less silly and way more boring.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

adhuin posted:

Isn't this the most watched episode of Who ever?

People have no taste.

I think that just means that a lot of people heard good things about Who, watched the episode, then hated it so much they never watched Who again.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

adhuin posted:

Or stunt-casting a Pop-star was a huge success.

True.

Also, I had no idea before now that Billie Piper was a musician.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Okay, that's not a good thing. At least I know, now.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

So the Doctor can only stop major catastrophic events (usually alien invasions of Earth) that he knows didn't happen, so whenever he Tardises to one in progress that he knows didn't happen, he must immediately know that he ultimately succeeds in stopping it and that's why he's always so confident and smug, no matter how many pepper shakers are flying around.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Oct 7, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Was that show about a cataclysm that extinguished all life on Earth save for Sarah Jane and K-9?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They spent all day filming that scene and that was the best take!

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 15, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Torchwood isn't even fun-bad. From what I've seen, it's really slow and dull.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Grouchio posted:

..Did the thread just die?

Occupation was really sick and took a break.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Toxxupation posted:

go watch six feet under

I'll have to check if that's on Amazon Prime, I got free Prime right now.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Transmodiar posted:

Are the first two seasons really that bad? Any of it worth watching not on a camp/kitsch basis?

I watched some of it a little while ago, and it was less campy and more very slow and dull.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

cargohills posted:

For some better context, here is the highlight of David Tennant and David Morrissey's respective careers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aq_N0bllCM

Oooh, the creator of Viva Laughlin first created this show. I never knew about it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Mordin's the best, the very model of a scientist Salarian. The next doctor should just be a human time-lord Mordin.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 19, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

This whole Last Man Standing/Doctor Who thing has been a long con by Occupation to sneak a video game thread into TVIV.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'm not fond of the gentleman/lady thief archetype.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Tiny Toons was basically shut down due to one of the internet's earliest prominent furries stalking one of the VAs.

I didn't know anything about this. My childhood is a little bit more ruined today.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I remember seeing Robot Wars when I was young. Then when I finally saw Red Dwarf, I said "oh poo poo, that's the guy from Robot Wars!" Was that backwards?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

I'm not so invested in this show that I ever gave a poo poo about a scheduling hiccup. Neither should you, honestly, but we all have our faults. Breaking Bad had a split season and I didn't care then, either! And it's way better than Doctor Who on Who's best day!

"Split seasons" are one of those things that's endlessly complained about on TVIV that I never have a problem with, personally.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Stormgale posted:

I have a flawless strategy none of you will B leave to lead me to victory.

Are you certain that you would not C victory with a different strategy?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Republican Vampire posted:

Also Bioshock 2 probably had the best gameplay but the dumbest story.

We gotta have satire like the first game did. So we'll make the run-of-the-mill mad scientist say some superficially collectivist things.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'm pretty sure I never went to Vault 11.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

marktheando posted:

Well, at least it's not the science fiction/science fantasy debate.

Or low/high fantasy debates in other threads. These things seem to happen lot here.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It eats space plankton, duh.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I just like how it looks like she's the last human on Earth.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

"Leave on" would refer to parking brakes, though.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Mo0 posted:

I wouldn't ever say the game needs to be shorter, but I'd agree that the zone size situation is weird. The first zone is gi-loving-gantic, and it's to the point where people were having to go around saying LEAVE THE FIRST ZONE WHEN YOU CAN because it was really easy to just sit there and do all of the most boring quests in the game and be overlevelled for everything else.

That being said, I've not found the amount of stuff to do to be Skyrim levels of totally overwhelming.

Eh, when a game gives level recommendations for story quests, I think getting over leveled is entirely your own fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

adhuin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xjAuTAq7P4
name of the video mentions the name of the next episode, so be warned.

Heh, the comments.

quote:

It is insulting to Rose that he said they were all just friends.

quote:

YOU LIE DOCTOR. THEY WERE NOT JUST PALS AND MATES. *Points to Rose Tyler*

• Locked thread