Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Raw wasn't the same without an Ambrose run-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Ambrose is getting the crowd reactions that WWE wants Roman to have. "I hate two toned jerks who betray me" is such a relatable character.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

The Landstander posted:

I honestly think about half of it is that he doesn't sound like a WWE face and comes off as unscripted (even if he's actually being scripted).

From a storytelling standpoint he has motivation beyond "I want the world title." Wrestling doesn't need insanely nuanced characters, but it does need characters. Drunken homeless man is a character. Bizarre golden space brothers are characters. Two timing dancing jackass is a character, etc.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
To be fair to Roman, they haven't given him much to work with aside from the Shield stuff.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
It's such a shame that WWE apparently refuses to believe that it's possible to push more than one guy at once.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I think they were more interested in him as a commentator and he just wanted to wrestle. If only he'd stayed as part of 3MB.

God, I miss 3MB.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

Well to be fair, it's not like Canada has much of a history with pro-wrestling. It's also noted for having very unenthusiastic fans.

I guess I should be outraged, but meh, whatevs.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Semprini posted:

That Cesaro theme is one step above a David Flair titantron.

That sounds like a combination made for youtube dubbing.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

bradzilla posted:

Which would immediately bring up the question of why doesn't The Authority just strip Brock for refusing to defend the title.

"Hey Seth, go challenge Brock for the titles tomorrow. We need them back."

"Um, no, no I can't. I have to walk around in front of Dean Ambrose's dumpster tomorrow, pretending to be a lost hiker."

"Kane?"

"I can't either. Demon things."

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Dean Ambrose needs to do all the morning news shows.

http://dean-ambrose.net/?p=3527

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Frankston posted:

I can't wait for the Texas-style main event

Roman is the only one who'll be safe, that riot gear doubles as body armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Dean Ambrose, would you describe yourself and Seth Rollins as frenemies?

• Locked thread