Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

TheEggsBenedict posted:

The problem with Reigns is that there are several new wrestlers that deserve this mega push far more than Reigns does.

Like who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Was mainly referring to Rollins, Ambrose, and Cesaro.

Rollins and Ambrose are getting pushes that are more likely to give them staying power, IMO. I see both of them having main event careers like Jericho, Edge, Angle. Never the top guy, but always working with the top guy and consistently having good matches.

Cesaro's treatment is really horrible since mania, and I cannot say one good thing about it.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Reigns doesn't need to learn how to take really hard bumps and thrash around on the ground anyway, he's supposed to be a really strong powerful guy. He needs to learn how to sell things like pain, effort, disbelief, and determination with his facial expressions. It's like the dude doesn't know how to grimace properly. It's more of a storytelling skill than it is about taking bumps.

Exactly this. He should be watching as much tape on the Rock as he possibly can. Rock didn't constantly take brutal bumps, but he sold his rear end off, and a huge amount of that was with his facial expressions.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

There is an influential class of investor who just wants to see a company's numbers go ever upward each quarter, regardless of what's going on behind the scenes. The more companies listen to this kind of investor, the more they suffer in the long term.

What else should an investor be looking for? They bought the stock to make money, not as a charity. That is literally the only reason you should buy a stock, to increase your net worth.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The most successful companies in the world re-invest profits into long-term growth. They don't contract and cut their expenses down to the bone in order to break even on a financial report, because eventually you can cut no further without damaging the business.

You can find CEOs who do nothing but cut employees every quarter and cut the business to pieces in order to show a profit. These are psychopaths, and they leave behind compromised and destroyed businesses.

A serious investor should be looking for growth and a business plan.

So, how is any of this the investor's faults? If WWE cannot cut staff without losing functionality, they they need to manage stockholders expectations on the short term, and let them know it will work out in the long run. Stockholders are not at fault because they want a return on their investment, that's the only reason they are there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

Also apparently the Canadian rollout will be a combination of a premium channel and digital channel so you should be able to get either.

Sounds exactly like the HBO/HBO go model.

• Locked thread