Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

edit: no but seriously he's going to get a "gold watch" championship at some point soon right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

NienNunb posted:

John Cena's promo was the first time in years that I've really dug a John Cena promo and now I genuinely wanna see him beat Brock.

I agree. I'm not the biggest Cena fan (or detractor) but he's a lot more compelling than The Bore Incarnate. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he may be IRL super-tough but he still looks like the kind of mild fetal alcohol syndrome jocks in high school that were second stringers and couldn't get girlfriends.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

D Lambent posted:

I guess the primary reason is because the kids would absolutely loving revolt, but how is the current Cena situation NOT a totally and completely perfect set up for a heel turn?

He goes on tirades about how he's busted his rear end, day in, day out, put his heart and soul into the company and the fans repay him with "Cena Sucks" chants and all the negativity, but guys like Roman Reigns who hasn't done a 1/4 as much for the company or the fans gets automatically crowned the next big thing. Asks the fans "You want to hate me? I'll give you a reason to hate me" and proceeds to throw Michael Cole through a plate glass window or some poo poo like that.

It would bring a fresh look to Cena. I'm not talking rapping (although that was a fun part of Cena history) and being sarcastic. I'm talking about a legit heel run. I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

As long as we're fantasy turning people heel, I can't wait until Roman's heel turn when he announces he's going to start using the entrance ramp (or a hanglider) so that YOU PEOPLE can't touch him any more.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Why would mass layoffs give shareholders renewed faith in their stock as opposed to the exact opposite?

My guess is "trimming the fat". Also in business more ruthless = better than.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cutting 60 employees probably saves a good deal more than people think when you consider salaries, benefits, 401k matching, etc., combined.

And all that toilet paper and coffee!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I unchecked autosubscribe because Undertaker and Daniel Bryan are my favorite things and even though it's out of WWE's control that I can't have them any more I am a giant petty stupid baby that is lashing out in the only way available to me.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Shima Honnou posted:

I can't wait for Bryan to come back in time for the Rumble, only to either be unceremoniously thrown out by the next big cheese (Probably Reigns but who knows in our post-network world), or to immediately reinjure himself.

Bonus points if he does it clean-shaven with a bald head

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

They'll blow off the Kane thing there, if anything.

Since when does wrestling have the memory or adherence to continuity required to necessitate a continuation of the Bryan/Kane feud?

I mean I'm one of the few people that likes the idea of a Bryan/Kane feud, but if they pick it back up I need a lot more "We climbed the mountain together, did all those hugs mean nothing?!!" promos.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

I eagerly await the debut of Cesaro's new gimmick: EMT

I eagerly await the debut of Steve Austin's new gimmick: window repair technician.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Red posted:

"Mike McGillicutty" is stupid.

"Curtis Axel" is just trying too hard for a guy that doesn't have the charisma of his dad, but is talented in his own right.

Curtis Axel rules because he's excellent at arguing with kids in the audience, and his "Better Than Perfect" shirt is an amazing heel move I haven't seen before-- making a clearly untrue claim that's you're more talented than your very talented dad.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 unsurprisingly. $94 mil in the US, $160.4 mil worldwide.

I am almost tempted to look at cinema discusso to ask how a movie so similar in tone and content could be so much better than the Avengers.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Barreft posted:

This is a movie featuring a raccoon and a talking tree, the fact it's hitting these huge numbers is awesome. Why are you so goddamn negative?

He's not being negative you illiterate weirdo he's just saying that people (me included) saw it right away and loved it but that doesn't mean the people I told today will be motivated to see that weird thing with the talking raccoon and tree.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

I would date her just to hang out with her dad, grandpa, and uncle.

Weird nicknames for her tits and vag but hey whatever man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Mystery Opponent posted:

Boobs are pretty darn cool

if we could not do this, that would be great -- Sportsgenius86, 2014

• Locked thread