Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

N: Batista gave an interview today where he said he wants to be a Shakespearean actor and that he's definitely done after Mania 31.

V: [batista-wave]

He should have come back with his dreads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Matches that Cena has control over the flow of usually have dumb spots and bad pacing, but I guess I'll have to check this one out. Also, pretty much everyone on a Raw broadcast is loudly calling spots at this point, Dave needs to lighten up.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

quote:

What did you think of the Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak being broken?

It sucked! Honestly, I thought it sucked. I haven't really talked much about it but I think it was a bad decision, a horrible decision. I don't have any say in the matter but to me, watching as a fan, it made me sick. Brock Lesnar beating him didn't seem to work and it really wasn't good that Brock left the day after. I just don't see how that made sense at all. I don't think anyone wanted to see the streak broken and it just didn't make sense to me.

Batista owns

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I just want Batista to continue coming out wearing polos and golfing hats, and then show up for matches in whatever he felt like wearing that day.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I guess it's Brie getting over, if being established as Daniel Bryan's wife is getting over, and if "being established as Daniel Bryan's wife" means 8,000 skits where Stephanie has to carry the storyline on her back because Daniel and Brie can't promo.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I have just been horribly unimpressed with Bryan on the mic since he dropped the crazy gimmick and I'm glad he finally left television. I appreciate that they actually tried to keep him on TV for a while to keep him hot, but listening to him was brutal. Brie I see nothing whatsoever in.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'll admit, the only real reason I liked Cena/Brock #1 was because Brock beat him up until he cried.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

This, but unironically.

I am not even being ironic! :argh:

The payoff to having Bryan lately is his workrate, and the heels he deals with are the most interesting thing about him.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Writer Cath posted:

Ambrose is getting the crowd reactions that WWE wants Roman to have. "I hate two toned jerks who betray me" is such a relatable character.

Has Roman even cut a promo in the last month?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Can we just stop pretending she is interesting because she is in an angle with Stephanie?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But she is interesting because she's in an angle with Stephanie (because Stephanie is loving great and Brie is holding her own).

No, that's Stephanie carrying an angle by herself with a wooden plank.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

JBL doing nothing but talking about how much he hates the bunny the entire time Adam Rose is on screen doesn't help much, either.

Listen, the announcers have to constantly put their characters over or how will we know this is a wrestling show?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

RacistGuidingLight posted:

For an industry that thrives on divining patterns in lieu of actual mathematics, I really don't see how "mass layoffs" would do anything but cause a mass exodus.

There is an influential class of investor who just wants to see a company's numbers go ever upward each quarter, regardless of what's going on behind the scenes. The more companies listen to this kind of investor, the more they suffer in the long term.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

AFAIK they have already done their major talent cut for the year, I assume the rest will be staff.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

mkay0 posted:

What else should an investor be looking for? They bought the stock to make money, not as a charity. That is literally the only reason you should buy a stock, to increase your net worth.

The most successful companies in the world re-invest profits into long-term growth. They don't contract and cut their expenses down to the bone in order to break even on a financial report, because eventually you can cut no further without damaging the business.

You can find CEOs who do nothing but cut employees every quarter and cut the business to pieces in order to show a profit. These are psychopaths, and they leave behind compromised and destroyed businesses.

A serious investor should be looking for growth and a business plan.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Darth Vader is dead and not even the Death of the EU can bring him back. It'd be worse than bringing Flair back.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

It really is surprising how many people dumped the network. This really paints out how small a part of the audience hardcore-lifer fans really are.

If the network deal changes to where you can't get the current offerings of all PPVs, that will really kill it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Perigryn posted:

One arm's weaker than the other for one.

Sounds like onset Kurt Anglosis.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Desumaytah posted:

It's not like they're giving him "American Males" or anything. Maybe the sirens are obnoxious and shouldn't go on for nearly as long as they do, but they're at least distinctive in the WWE right now, and they do their job as a stinger. I really don't think this is a sign of a burial (As opposed to his booking, which is, if not a burial, loving insanity).

I don't know why everyone here hates on American Males, it's unironically one of the best wrestling themes in history.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Suben posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnwKvrHwg2g

Seth's theme got updated a bit. I don't really see how the gently caress CFO$ (or the WWE for that matter) thinks the same 30 seconds looped infinitely makes a good entrance theme. Ambrose's theme has the same problem.

Edit: Actually Ambrose's theme got changed. Now it's the same 15 seconds except they're showing off all their cool pedals or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsbIrtksDiE

These are both awful "songs" for jobbers

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Undertaker/Brock II is something that could still be in the cards and would draw, so they could have Brock drop at the Rumble or something. Or more likely, Brock loses at Summerslam, since Brock beating Cena would make perfect sense so it's the thing they won't do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Bray is pretty cool and has enough ring instinct to do a lot with a little, using timing and charisma. It's a massive turnaround from when he looked like an MRA jobber.

• Locked thread